Thread: Any Interest??

Plugin Contributions

Default Any Interest??

I got a haggling script coded for me and I was wondering if there would be any interest in putting it in the free add-ons section.
    Basically what it does is allows someone to offer a lower price, giving the potential customer a chance to haggle over it.
    You control the amount you are willing to accept for the product on the product info page in the admin. It can either be a set $ amount or a percentage off of the price that is listed.
    You can see it in action on any of the product listed on my site here.
    You might have to scroll down the page a little. I'm sure you'll notice the make and offer button pretty quickly though.
    The kewl thing about this mod is that it shows the customer how much they saved and it in puts that amount into the shoppng cart if they decide to hit the add to cart button.

Anyway, let me know if your interested. If there is enough interest I'll submit it. One thing though is that I have no way to give support for it other than how it's used and that will be kinda rare as I'm pretty busy these days.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Any Interest??

Any mod that enhances zencart options is very welcome..
    Visited site..am sure your mod will help some zencart users.
    So suggest you submit to download section..zencart devs
    check all submissions anyway.

Plugin Contributions

sounds good i would like to try it thank you keith
    Ghillie Suits http://snipersuitghillie.com

Hunting Gear & Apparel. http://huntshop.info

Plugin Contributions

The biggest use for this mod is for markets where there is MAP pricing.
    I got the idea from a marketingsherpa interview where a golfing supply company increased revenue by 635%!
    The mod they had was pretty simple and basic so I had the coder throw in some ajax to make it cleaner and quicker.
    I'll probably have him integrate a submit another bid button once I get the cash up for it.

Before I submit it I'll clean up the install instructions a bit and put in there where you can change the text.

Cape Town & London (depends on the season)
    Plugin Contributions

This is very cute! Well done.

Is it possible to have the offer input field auto re-load if the offer price is too low? Pressing the F5 refreshes the whole page and it's a mission scrolling back to the Make and Offer section.

But an excellent idea. I like it.

Cape Town & London (depends on the season)
    Plugin Contributions

Possible BUG, in your suggested mod...

After my bid has been accepted, I ADD TO CART...

...so far so good...

But, when I get to cart, I click on the product link in the cart and I get taken to a 404 page...

The link inside the cart is:

Code:
    http://www.amishroundtables.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=1820:0e61b0c1375bedd89b88ea81165442ec
    which is showing the session ID, I think...

If I remove the session ID, (0e61b0c1375bedd89b88ea81165442ec), I can return to the product page.

Plugin Contributions

I'm looking for a like this. Are you going to submit it?
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Don Scott
    http://dealz-r-us.com
    [/FONT]

Plugin Contributions

I'll submit it after I get the session id thing handled and I clean up the install instructions which I'm working on right now.

Thank you fairestcape for pointing that out!

If someone is willing to clean it up instead of me paying the original programmer a few hundred more I'm sure we would all appreciate it.....especially my pocket book!!

I also plan on having a submit new bid link/button added to make it easier. For some reason I didn't think about that when I had it coded.though it does refresh when you play with the options.

Oh well I don't thank that should be to hard for him to add but we shall see.

I'll keep you posted.

Oh I also have a kewl pop up coupon add-on that only pops up when the visitor tries to leave the site with something in the shopping cart. It sets a cookie so they can only get the coupon once , unless of course they clear the cookies.
    The script generates a random # for the coupon code and you can configure the length of time it's good for and how much the % off is.
    This works with the haggling script and the site-wide mark up that I submitted earlier this year.
    Last edited by heimskr75; 17 Oct 2008 at 01:43 AM. Reason: made a mistake/wanted to add more