Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

help question Google Checkout Problem

Hi all,

Can anyone help me with this Google Checkout Problem? I have had the folowing reply back from Google tec Support:

If you already have an order management system, you can add Google Checkout to your existing system with a 'Level 2' integration. Once you've integrated, Google Checkout will send order information to the API callback URL you specify in the 'Integration' tab of the 'Settings'
    section in your Merchant Center.

If you haven't implemented a Level 2 Google Checkout integration, you don't need to specify an API callback URL.

If you're using an off-the-shelf shopping cart you can ask your shopping cart provider if they offer a Level 2 integration option. If so, they can provide you with the appropriate callback URL for your account.

The reason you're receiving an error ("Invalid value for body of allowed-areas"), is due to the UK being specified as a US state in your cart XML.

<shipping-restrictions>
    <allowed-areas>
    <us-state-area>
    <state>UK</state>
    </us-state-area>
    </allowed-areas>

Integration Issues
    Error parsing XML; message from parser is: Invalid value for body of allowed-areas in
    checkout-shopping-cart/checkout-flow-support/merchant-checkout-flow-support/shipping-methods/flat-rate-shipping/shipping-restrictions:
    Must be a U.S. 2-letter postal code or state name
    ##############################___

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Google Checkout Problem

Quote Originally Posted by Adds View Post
    Hi all,

Can anyone help me with this Google Checkout Problem? I have had the folowing reply back from Google tec Support:

If you already have an order management system, you can add Google Checkout to your existing system with a 'Level 2' integration. Once you've integrated, Google Checkout will send order information to the API callback URL you specify in the 'Integration' tab of the 'Settings'
    section in your Merchant Center.

If you haven't implemented a Level 2 Google Checkout integration, you don't need to specify an API callback URL.

If you're using an off-the-shelf shopping cart you can ask your shopping cart provider if they offer a Level 2 integration option. If so, they can provide you with the appropriate callback URL for your account.

The reason you're receiving an error ("Invalid value for body of allowed-areas"), is due to the UK being specified as a US state in your cart XML.

<shipping-restrictions>
    <allowed-areas>
    <us-state-area>
    <state>UK</state>
    </us-state-area>
    </allowed-areas>

Integration Issues
    Error parsing XML; message from parser is: Invalid value for body of allowed-areas in
    checkout-shopping-cart/checkout-flow-support/merchant-checkout-flow-support/shipping-methods/flat-rate-shipping/shipping-restrictions:
    Must be a U.S. 2-letter postal code or state name
    ##############################___
    Hi,
    Is anyone able to advise on this at all please?
    Thanks,
    Adam.

Plugin Contributions

My issue is that Google is not communicating with the my cart. Orders are not showing up in the ZenCart Admin. I have an ssl cert and have enabled the https setting in the google checkout module, but something is wrong, not sure where to start trouble shooting this one. Please help!

Plugin Contributions

i just solved this problem today (i'm assuming it's the same problem you're having).

the answer is in the "tracking users and orders" section of the "Readme" document that came with the google checkout files you (should have) downloaded.

excerpt from "readme"
    • INSTALLATION NOTES
      ==================
      1. Follow instructions contained in the INSTALLATION file.
      2. Verify the installation from the Admin site and selecting MODULES->PAYMENTS
      and checking if Google Checkout is listed as a payment option.
      3. Set the file attribute to 777 for /googlecheckout/logs/response_error.log and
      /googlecheckout/logs/response_message.log files.
      4. Go to http://<url-site-url>/googlecheckout/responsehandler.php
      or a request for User and Password, go to the next section.

If you get any errors, you must correct all errors before proceeding.
      Refer to the troubleshooting section below or go to the support forum for help.

#4 is very important... replace "<url-site-url>" with the path to your /googlecheckout... folder on the host server.

eg.
    http://www.zippers.com/zencart/googl...nsehandler.php

If you get a 'Invalid or not supported Message', 'Fail to get HTTP Authentication', you're on the right track.

you must also have a google analytics account set up.

excerpt from readme:

Enabling E-Commerce Reporting for Google Analytics
    ==================================================
    To track Google Checkout orders, you must enable e-commerce reporting for your
    website in your Google Analytics account. The following steps explain how you
    enable e-commerce reporting for your website:

1. Log in to your Google Analytics account.
    2. Click the Edit link next to the profile you want to enable. This link
    appears in the Settings column.
    3. On the Profile Settings page, click the Edit link in the Main Website
    Profile Information box.
    4. Change the selected E-Commerce Website radio button from No to Yes.
    More info:
    http://code.google.com/apis/checkout...tegration.html

next, log into your google checkout account and click on the "my sales" link at the top of the page and click on the "settings tab". when you get to the settings tab, navigate to "integration" using the links on the left side of the screen.

now you should find a section labeled "API callback URL (Level 2 integrations only)"... in the "API callback URL: box, you must type the url to the responsehandler.php file.

eg.
    http://www.zippers.com/zencart/googl...nsehandler.php

that should do it!!

btw
    here's the excerpt from the readme dealing with tracking:

TRACKING USERS AND ORDERS
    =========================
    In order to provide this support (as required for Level 2 integration), update
    the API callback request field in the seller account to
    https://<url-site-url>/googlecheckout/responsehandler.php .
    Note that the production Checkout server requires an SSL callback site.
    The Sandbox server accepts non SSL callback URLs.

View your Google Checkout customers and their orders in the Reports tab.
    For each order, the default starting state is Google New.
    GC Orders States in ZC Admin

GOOD LUCK

Plugin Contributions

I seem to be having this same issue. Customers are able to make purchases through the site using google checkout because I get an email from google checkout. However, it's not showing in my admin at all, under customers or orders.

Even better, it's not charging any shipping cost. Oh joy, oh rapture.

Plugin Contributions

Default API callback when google checkout on two sites?

I followed these directions, most of which I had already done. However, there's a slight hitch:

Like most ecommerce folks, I multi-channel. Specfically, I have an ecrater store which also takes google checkout, so my API callback is related to ecrater. Other than setting up a completely different google checkout account, google analytics account, etc. how am I supposed to work google checkout with both ecrater and zencart?

Plugin Contributions

Default Google Checkout charging $1 for shipping

I am sure this has been posted several times, but this issue we are having is only 1 of the problems with GC v1.4.7.

Problem 1: Today we had out first sale via Google Checkout, custumer purchased a $12 item and paid only $1 for shipping, where normally he would have to pay about $2.50.

Problem 2: I logged in to Admin to see if the order was there, and the order did not link to Zen Cart Orders, nor was the customer info registered. Is it suppose to register their info?

Problem 3: I made a test product and added it to cart and went to check out via GC. I Had no problem seeing correct postage info.
    Shipping pricing was correct. Is it possible that somehow this customer is messing with the code. Why was his checkout at $1 and mine was OK??

Problem 4: In Payment module under Google Checkout, I cannot see USPS Priority, only Media, Parcel Post and Express under the Carrier Calculater Shipping Configuration. Which in turn does not show up in the GC during checkout .

Thank you for any insight.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Google Checkout charging $1 for shipping

I have just asked a friend to purchase a $0.50 test item using his Google account, and the order came through just fine. Proper shipping cost was charged.

I feel like I am getting ripped off here, by someone that knows how to mess with the GC code!!!!

Also my friend told me that the USPS Priority mail option was also not available to him when he tried to check out.

Plugin Contributions

Plugin Contributions

I also noticed that First class shipping is not available.

This is what I have done so far:

I have checked the Google ReadMe file and followed the instuctions and set the option below to TRUE:

.htaccess Basic Authentication Mode

Your site Site in installed with PHP over CGI?
    This configuration will disable PHP Basic Authentication that is NOT compatible with CGI used in the responsehandler.php to validate Google Checkout messages.
    If setted True you MUST configure your .htaccess files here.

False
    xTrue

I clicked on the "here" link and input my GC merchant user ID and Key.

Absolute dir to googlecheckout/ : THIS /googlecheckout LINK WAS ALREADY PROVIDED SO I LEFT IT ALL ALONE.

then I went to my FTP program and set the Entire googlecheckout folder as 777, including all folders and files within it.

then I put a Check mark next to :

Check if dir exists: V
    Create Files: V

and I hit the Create button.

In response I received a message on top of the page reffering to AuthName "Google checkout Basic Authentication"
    and something about .htaccess file and .htpasswd

with confirmation message just below that:

"Files Created!"

then I turned back all files back to 604 and folders to 705 (as they were originally)

and hit UPDATE in the google shipping module of the webpage.

Now the question:

Did I do everything right?
    I sure as heck cannot see any diffrence, in the way GC processes orders.

We have tried another test order and Google did not update Zen Cart.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast