Plugin Contributions

Default Email Help Please Godaddy won't send

I have spent hours reading everybody's posts on here that had a problem sending emails and could not find a solution to my problem. Won't send using send mail tool, not receiving any emails, nor is the customer once they order.

I checked MySql email archive and nothing has been posted to it.

Sendmail looks like it sends it but doesn't
    PHP give an error
    SMTP fails to connect
    SMTPauth says 'from' email failed

HELP! Please! Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Email Help Please Godaddy won't send

I use GoDaddy and the php and senmail emails send without an issue except for one that I will mention in a different post.

Question, is your hosting account on a Windows or Linux server?

I have 3 stores using ZenCart on Linux that eMail fine, and one on a Windows server that requires an outside eMail server and mail relay. I just set it up to use one of the extra eMail accounts that come with the GD webhosting plan.

JOhn ><>
    Newest Site: ChargerPros - Stuff4Toys

Plugin Contributions

Well, I found this thread trying to solve the same problem. Now that the problem is solved (hopefully), I'll share my solution:

http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showth...405#post621405

Plugin Contributions

I'm pretty much in the same boat: Godaddy won't send my Newsletters at all. To anyone, not even me. Following that thread mentioned in a previous post prompted me to send Godaddy an email to ask for an SMTP relay increase, to which they responded:
    The SMTP relay limit for our shared hosting accounts is 1000 per day. Unfortunately, this limit cannot be increased. If you need more than 1000 relays per day, you will need to move to our Virtual Dedicated or Dedicated Server plan. These plans also have a 1000 relay limit per day but that limit can be increased.

More information on Virtual Dedicated Hosting can be found here.

More information on Dedicated Hosting can be found here.

Please let us know if there is anything further that we can do for you. Our service departments and telephone lines are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year to accommodate your needs anytime.

Well, I don't Need 1000 relays per day... 1000 per week would be fine. I cannot afford to upgrade to Virtual Dedicated Hosting... not yet, anyway.

Just want to send periodic newsletters - fortnightly or monthly - to my customers to show them what's new. Can't understand why this is so hard to do from within Zen-Cart... seems like it should be a basic function.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

You seem to be blaming Zen Cart for a problem that's probably not even related to Zen Cart.

You said "Godaddy won't send my Newsletters at all. To anyone, not even me."

So ... does that mean you get no errors in Zen Cart, but your emails never arrive? If so, then the problem is likely with whatever happens after Zen Cart hands delivery off to your mailserver ... which is run by your beloved hosting company.

If you're getting errors about the process within Zen Cart, why didn't you post them? Or did you just think that wouldn't be helpful?
    Also it would be useful to know what your version of Zen Cart is, what version of PHP you're using
    Do your regular emails send fine? Is your problem isolated only to newsletters?
    What are your settings in Admin->Configuration->Email Options?

Did you try the Email Problem Troubleshooting guide? http://www.zen-cart.com/wiki/index.p...Email_Problems

My first reaction is to cringe at the name of your hosting company.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Good point, DrByte. I shouldn't - and really *don't* - blame Zen-Cart for this not working. Your initial reaction to cringe at the name of my hosting company is cause for concern as well... I take it from that reaction that I'm not the first of their clients to have dramas.
    I've taken that on board.
    At this point, they are doing my domain name management and hosting and email for - and this is what is (was?) most important - inexpensively. However, I'm finding their services less and less in line with what I really need, so we might outgrow them before too long.

That's not to say that they haven't been prompt and courteous in their help and support... it's just that the company seems to give you just enough with a minimalist plan ... until you finally realize you really can't do anything unless you commit to a much more expensive plan.

Now, I stand chastised for those glaring omissions you mentioned and will make amends - I've provided nil information for anyone to go on, and yet want answers. Not good.
    So...

I am running the current version of Zen-Cart (1.3.8):

Server OS: Linux 2.4.21-53.ELsmp
    Database: MySQL 4.1.22-max-log
    HTTP Server: Apache
    PHP Version: 5.2.5 (Zend: 2.2.0)
    PHP Memory Limit: 64M
    PHP Safe Mode: Off
    PHP File Uploads: On
    Max Size: 8M
    POST Max Size: 8M
    Database Data Size: 2,972 kB
    Database Index Size: 879 kB

That's pretty much a copy and paste from the Tools -> Server/Version info.

Now, to errors. On a non-sequitur note, I've got error logging on for tracking Paypal transactions, and the feedback has been copious. I'm leaving that on for a bit. I have done an *email* mailing (text-only, non-html) which worked fine... based on the fact that I got a response from a lot of those I emailed and that I got a copy myself of my email. However, I tried doing a test run of my html newsletter - you can see it here by mailing it to Administrator but never received it.
    Here are my email settings:
    Per another thread, my Email Address (Sent FROM) is [email protected] - which is the main mailing address for my website.... and the rest of the settings look like this:
    Emails must send from known domain?: Yes
    Email Admin Format?: HTML
    Send Copy of Order Confirmation Emails To: [email protected]
    Send Copy of Create Account Emails To - Status: 0
    Send Copy of Create Account Emails To: [email protected]
    Send Copy of Tell a Friend Emails To - Status: 0
    Send Copy of Tell a Friend Emails To: [email protected]
    Send Copy of Customer GV Send Emails To - Status: 0
    Send Copy of Customer GV Send Emails To: [email protected]
    Send Copy of Admin GV Mail Emails To - Status: 0
    Send Copy of Customer Admin GV Mail Emails To: [email protected]
    Send Copy of Admin Discount Coupon Mail Emails To - Status: 0
    Send Copy of Customer Admin Discount Coupon Mail Emails To: [email protected]
    Send Copy of Admin Orders Status Emails To - Status: 0
    Send Copy of Admin Orders Status Emails To: [email protected]
    Send Notice of Pending Reviews Emails To - Status: 0
    Send Notice of Pending Reviews Emails To: [email protected]
    Set "Contact Us" Email Dropdown List: Robyn<[email protected]>, Sherry<[email protected]>
    Allow Guest To Tell A Friend: false
    Contact Us - Show Store Name and Address: 0
    Send Low Stock Emails: 0
    Send Low Stock Emails To: [email protected]
    Display "Newsletter Unsubscribe" Link?: true
    Audience-Select Count Display: true
    SMTP Email Account Mailbox --left blank--
    SMTP Email Account Password --left blank--
    SMTP Email Mail Host: relay-hosting.secureserver.net

That link you've posted is most helpful... particularly the diagnosing problems section. I'll have a go with that, reading that article carefully... looks like it's pretty much GOLD... and if after trying everything on that page still have no joy, I'll get back to you... and thank you, Doctor...

Plugin Contributions

What the Doc was trying to tell you is you should change hosts now. Do a search on the forum for your hosting and you will find that your problems are not unique and definitely not fixable where you are at the moment.
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Kim View Post
    What the Doc was trying to tell you is you should change hosts now. Do a search on the forum for your hosting and you will find that your problems are not unique and definitely not fixable where you are at the moment.
    That's the impression I'm receiving too, Kim... thank's for that. I'm already looking into other host providers that offer a more Zen-Cart friendly environment and have a few I'm considering. Any suggestions you might have will be gratefully considered as well.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

You'll find hosting recommendations by following the "Certified Hosts" link at the top of this page.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Got an email in to one of the Certified Hosts - similar pricing structure, enormously more features. Wish I'd known this all before!
    Thanks, DrByte and Kim...