Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Need 2 drop down boxes for 1 product

I have looked all over ZC forum but cannot find anything about how to add a second drop down option on a single product.

I have a product called 'mixed marriage' where a shopper can choose a base product and then choose a secondary product (college team sauces is what we sell). My challenge is to get two drop down boxes to show up in a single product window.

Can this be done? Thank you in advance!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Need 2 drop down boxes for 1 product

You need to look into Attributes and creating them from Option Names and Option Values ...

If you build them ... you can add them to your Products as needed ...

See if the Tutorials/FAQs and the Wiki help in breaking these down for you to set them up on your site ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

bug Re: Need 2 drop down boxes for 1 product

Thanks Ajeh,

So, what do I type in the Tutorials/FAQ & Wiki to find anything that has been written about this subject?

I have been searching for ways to do this and can't find anything that specifically says "yes, this can be done".

What I need is two physical drop down boxes on the same product screen that lets a shopper add two different attributes to the same product (color & size for example).

In the Attributes Controller page for a given product, I do not see a way to add my colors in one drop down and then, add my sizes in the same window.

Does that make sense?

Thanks for your help!

Plugin Contributions

How do I add attributes to my products?
    When you add attributes to a product in Attributes Controller, you first select the option name (like Color) and then an option value associated with it (like Red), and things like price or weight. Repeat this for all the colors you want, and then for all the sizes you want.

When you have one product set up, you can copy the attribute setup to other products or whole categories of products.

Plugin Contributions

Plugin Contributions

Ahhhhh...inserting a blank attribute opens a second drop down box.

I don't speak ZenCartese yet but I'm getting there!

Thanks for the help!

Plugin Contributions

Blank attribute?

I have multiple choices on several of my products; I even mix choice styles: here's a link to one product with a dropdown menu, two radio boxes, and a blank text line: http://www.steigerfamily.com/ZenCart...products_id=25

But the bottom line is that you need to set up the attribute name under Option Name Manager (such as Color, Scent, Wax type, and Candle form on the product above), then add the options under Option Value Manager, and THEN go to Attributes Controller, select the product you want the dropdown menus on (and remember to click "display" after you've selected the product or you'll add the attributes to the wrong product -- don't ask me how I know that) and select an option name AND an option value and click Insert. You have to go through this for each option value you want to add, which is rather tedious, but once one product is set up it's easy to duplicate and have the options copied to the new product automagically.
    [FONT="Times New Roman"]Sylvia
    PM at your own risk, I don't check in regularly!
    MamaSylvia.com My ZenCart tutorial
    [/FONT]

Plugin Contributions

Have a Drink Re: Need 2 drop down boxes for 1 product

Like I mentioned, I don't speak Zencartese yet and I'm here asking questions because I am not a programmer but am a business owner who has grown tired of paying web programmers $50 to make little fixes to my sites. I ask questions on 'how' something works and all I get is "I'll fix it for you for $50".

This little thing may be easy for web guys to do but regular people who run a business are not going to pick it up quite as quickly. The add-on section and modules is a great tool for people who want to upgrade their sites and that is much appreciated!

One suggestion for a new module would be to allow drop down boxes (attributes in the ZC world) to be added to the 'add product' screen so you can install it from there. I have a copy of "Coffee Cup" software which is a flash form creation tool that is easy to use and very flexible which allows you to build easy drop down content for your site. I would BUY such a module because it would really enhance my site and solve lots of problems.

Thanks for all the help as I'm sure I'll be in here again in the future to get some valuable advice.

Plugin Contributions

I have the same issue in two area.

1. Product combinations for discounts:

My cart sells matching designer purses, umbrellas, and wallets. Right now I have each item listed seperately and in their own categories (wallets, purses, umbrellas). I get a lot of customers who want to buy a matching umbrella and handbag; matching handback and wallet, etc. in various combinations. I want to offer them discounts for the more items they buy to drive up sales. Currently customers get a little frustrated because they have to buy one item then shop for the matching other item(s). I would like to give them the option to pull down a menue to order either the single item or one of 5 or so combinations at varying prices. How can I do that?

3. Discounts on multiple quantities of the same item:

In another part of the store I sell hand rolled cigars. They can be bought in quantities of 5, 10, 15, or a box of 24 and there is a discount the more you buy. I would like to set up an option where the customer can order any one of those combinations at the quantity price.

Can soemone help?

Plugin Contributions

P.S. I could not find anything in the FAQ or tutorials about this

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast