Page 18 of 54 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Order Delivery Date Support Thread

Hi people -- i wound up being out of the country until next week and have super poor access to the internet. Will be in touch then and i apologize for the delay.. i realize some of you are working on projects and are waiting for my response -- i will get back to you, i promise. I'd do it now but there's a huge snow storm coming! All the best..

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by FoodDudes View Post
    I am referring to the start date in the calender on the shipping page. If the date on you workstation is incorrect the start date is incorrect. I would like to know where I can change the date to be based off the server date, not the workstations date
    Hey - I looked into seeing if this could be done easily, and the short answer is No.

In general - Javascript (which is what the calendar is created with) is a client-side technology. NOT a server-side technology. There are ways to get the server's date to javascript via a PHP file, but once you do that you run into another problem -- the whole JS calendar framework is designed to use the date() object, so in order to do this, you'd have to do a major reworking of the code. And that is a big task.

If having the server's time is a major issue for you, i would suggest looking in to PHP calendars. What you can do then is cut out the javascript calendar code and place your PHP calendar in it's place on the checkout_shipping page. The whole Includes/Modules/Pages/Checkout_Shipping folder, except for header_php.php, is for the javascript delivery date calendar. And in your template folder in tpl_checkout_shipping_default.php you will see where the Order Delivery Date code is to replace with the PHP calendar.

Hope you can make sense of all that!!

Plugin Contributions

Hey folks -

I need a little help from you guys!

I've been working on the delivery date contribution for the last day and a half and have made some significant improvements to the code. However, i have a little collateral damage from my changes and i'm having an impossible time troubleshooting an email issue that has occurred.

I would love it if someone, or more than one person, is willing to take a look at the code and give me a hand to get this much updated release out. Having an understanding of zen cart's code is important.

Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

Excellent contribution Meech, the delivery date is essential for my business. A question: is it possible to set up a system where people who request Saturday delivery are charged more than Monday-Friday delivery dates? FedEx charges additional for Saturday delivery so, it would be nice to establish that.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by djrutsch View Post
    Excellent contribution Meech, the delivery date is essential for my business. A question: is it possible to set up a system where people who request Saturday delivery are charged more than Monday-Friday delivery dates? FedEx charges additional for Saturday delivery so, it would be nice to establish that.
    Hey djrutsch,

To have this functionality based off of the calendar, where if a user selects a Saturday delivery date they are charged more, is a bit of a task. This may become much easier to do when zen cart 2.0 is released and will be 100% (or close to) object oriented code.

There are a few stop-gag options for you:

• Disable all Saturdays on the calendar from being active, so that it cannot be chosen as a delivery date.
    • or; Add an attribute to your product pages that forces (ie: a required field) the user to select either a weekday OR saturday delivery before getting to the checkout. For the weekday attribute you can leave it as $0, and for the saturday attribute you can set it to whatever additional amount you'd like to charge. When they get to the shipping page they then select which day of the week or which saturday they would like for delivery.

I can help you with either of the above two options if you need assistance, as they are easy and quick to do.

Plugin Contributions

That works perfect, thanks!

Plugin Contributions

Good day mremeach. I've just discovered (thanks to a customer informing me) that the calandar has ceased functioning in IE. Works fine for me in FF but not in IE. I have not made any changes to any files prior to this occurance. In IE the text block shows up but the calendar icon does not. And any attempt to enter the date in the text block is of course futile.

Any thoughts? I'm using version 2 released prior to the time version 2.2.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by duffy View Post
    ... In IE the text block shows up but the calendar icon does not. And any attempt to enter the date in the text block is of course futile.

Any thoughts? I'm using version 2 released prior to the time version 2.2.
    What version of IE are you using? What is your OS platform? Windows? Mac? Linux?..

Plugin Contributions

I'm using IE 7 on Windows XP Pro and my cart is hosted on Linux. I have no idea what platform and operating system the customers that were not seeing the calendar are using.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mrmeech View Post
    That's a bummer and i will look into it within the next day or so.. It's most likely just an incompatible or bad tag somewhere.
    Hey MrMeech,
    Did you ever figure out the issue with the calendar button not showing in Firefox?

I'm running Firefox 3.0.7 and this is what I see on my screen:
    http://clip2net.com/clip/m7120/1238439245-clip-6kb.png

In IE7 I see the button just fine:
    http://clip2net.com/clip/m7120/1238439309-clip-6kb.png

You mentioned a bad tag, what do you mean by that?

Page 18 of 54 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast