Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: part of footer is gone

If you are going to add that script to your footer, and your footer is used globally on your site, then you may as well use the zen-cart built in method for adding javascript. These instruction can be found in your docs folder.
    All you would have to do is rename the filename.js files to jscript_filename.js and put in your jscript folder.

Plugin Contributions

wow.

i feel so stupid!
    i had NO idea that all that data was there for zencart on "how to"... i had just been using google, wikipedia, tutorials, faq and the forums...

wow.

ok, so i understand this just fine now, i have uploaded the files to the correct jscript folder, and have created the correct tags:

<script language="javascript" src="includes/templates/darkness/jscript/jscript_add-event.js"></script>

<script language="javascript" src="includes/templates/darkness/jscript/jscript_popup.js"></script>

what i DO not know, and this is just my lack of basic php knowledge talking here...

when it says to insert "as if you had inserted the following into an HTML page".... what is the "html" portion of a php page? i know that there are separate areas for <head> and <body> in an html page, but there are no references to this in my existing .php page...

given that you said this "If that is tpl_footer.php, then you have some serious code issues. First you have <head></head> tags within the <body></body> tags and then you end your html with this </html> before your links can be displayed." last time i tried to put in html... LOL i OBVIOUSLY still have a LOT of learning to do!

basically, where would tags like above go on the page, so as not to interfere with anything else?

Plugin Contributions

If you take your jscript_add-event.js and jscript_popup.js and put them in your jscript folder, then that's all you need to do. You don't need those lines anymore.:

<script language="javascript" src="includes/templates/darkness/jscript/jscript_add-event.js"></script>

<script language="javascript" src="includes/templates/darkness/jscript/jscript_popup.js"></script>

If you added these lines in addition, then you would be trying to load those jscripts twice.

After you add those files to your jscript folder, look at the source code of your page and you should see them being loaded in your head section. Zen-cart automatically loads any jscript you put in this folder as long as it's appended with "jscript_".

From that point it's just a matter of formatting the link correctly to use the jscript popups and for that I would suggest going back to reference the source from where you got this jscript.

Plugin Contributions

freaking perfect!! :)

kudos to me for AGAIN making things more complicated than they needed to be! worked just fine, just renamed the files to have the jscript_ prefix.

(id kiss ya if you wouldnt take it the wrong way !!!!!!!)

Plugin Contributions

(id kiss ya if you wouldnt take it the wrong way !!!!!!!)
    Well, I guess that would depend on whether you were a guy or a girl.

In any case, glad you got it worked out.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12