Plugin Contributions

Default Site opens slowly - Review needed

Hello, im in the first stages of my new build @ bodykitsonline .co.uk and for some reason it seems to be running very slowly, the only addon that i have used on this that ive never used before was the 'flyout drop down' Ive tested it on IE and Firefox, the old computer at work seems to open the site quicker than our brand new machine, and in firefox at home it isnt that fast so i was really trying to get some views from other people to see how the site performs, and also other reasons that is causing it to slow down.

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Site opens slowly - Review needed

First of all, you're depending on images from sites other than your own - if they are slow - your site will be slower!

http://analyze.websiteoptimization.com

I would look at the above link and see what it has to say about your site.
    Marg

Plugin Contributions

Hi thanks for your reply, i used that link yesterday to look over the site, the other images/links is actually from my other site, its basically a copy of my old home page which opens really quick, it just seems to be this site that has slowed down, do you think it could be down to the drop down header that contains links to every product on the site.

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k1...harry/KAAZ.jpg

you may want to save them and upload them to your own site - there are several from photobucket

Try turning off/ removing the top menu and see how big of a different it makes...

I can't get to most of the deep products because the menu folds back up by the time I get there... I am sure I won't be the only one having troubles with the menu...

Turn it off and see what you think

Plugin Contributions

I'll look into that header, i thought it may of been down to that, i really like the look of the drop down menu there, but really didnt want the entire product range available on it just the top level, i'll have a play around and see what i can do.

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

it was definatly the css drop down add on causing the slowness, at least i know now what i have to work on.

Thanks