Plugin Contributions

Default Anyone wanna help me test a module I purchased?

I want to state up front that this is NOT a problem with Zen Cart.
    I purchased a Gift Registry module and I keep getting errors with it that the author cannot duplicate, and therefore it's hard to get to the bottom of the problem.

I'd like to see if anyone else can recreate this error... and if you do get the error, is there any information you could give me that would give me some insight as to what kind of an error it is so I have something to go on?

I usually get the error when on my site (www.lankylizards.com) and click on any random product and use the 'Add to Registry' link next to the 'Add to Cart' button. After this you will be prompted to login or create a registry... USUALLY after that I get an error message and cannot navigate through my entire site until I clear my cache/cookies.

Again, I know this forum is for support with Zen Cart, not paid add-ons, but I need to know if this error message is just me!!

TIA

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Anyone wanna help me test a module I purchased?

Yes once you click Add to Registry you are then locked out of the site. And you need to clear cache.

But if you are logged in before clicking Add to Registry you are again given the login window and again locked out of the site. But this time once you log out the site is back.

1. The mod has no idea that you are logged in .
    2. The url is wrong lankylizards.com/registry.php should look like lankylizards.com/index.php?main_page=registry

Lastly this link lankylizards.com/registry.php will not lock up the site and displays the page correctly. But don't use it because it will give a link lankylizards.com/registry.php?create=1 and lockup the site.

Good Luck
    Hope that helped

Skip
    • 446F63746F722057686F •

Plugin Contributions

Skip, thanks so much for taking the time to test this. I was beginning to think it was just me!

This mod places a folder named registry AND a file named registry.php at the root directory. So I don't know why those url would fail...

One thing I noticed is when clicking the 'Add to Registry' button, it puts a space in the generated url, between the item number and the word 'add'... don't know if this is a problem?

In any case, thank you for taking the time out...

Plugin Contributions

If I remove the code for the currencies dropdown box in my header, no more error!

What could be causing the problem?

Code removed:

Code:
    <?php #CURRENCIES START ?>

<?php echo zen_draw_form('currencies', zen_href_link(basename(ereg_replace('.php','', $PHP_SELF)), '', $request_type, false), 'get')?>

<?php

if (isset($currencies) && is_object($currencies)) {

reset($currencies->currencies);
                                                 $currencies_array = array();
                                                 while (list($key, $value) = each($currencies->currencies)) {
                                                   $currencies_array[] = array('id' => $key, 'text' => $value['title']);
                                                  }

$hidden_get_variables = '';
                                                  reset($_GET);
                                                  while (list($key, $value) = each($_GET)) {
                                                   if ( ($key != 'currency') && ($key != zen_session_name()) && ($key != 'x') && ($key != 'y') ) {
                                                      $hidden_get_variables .= zen_draw_hidden_field($key, $value);
                                                    }
                                                  }
                                              }

?>
                                            <?php echo BOX_HEADING_CURRENCIES; ?> &nbsp; <?php echo zen_draw_pull_down_menu('currency', $currencies_array, $_SESSION['currency'], ' onchange="this.form.submit();"') . $hidden_get_variables . zen_hide_session_id()?></form>

<?php #CURRENCIES END ?>
    Need to fix because I need to have other currencies available!
    And need to use registry.

Plugin Contributions

If you put the add to registry outside the form (i.e. after the "</form>" tag) in tpl_product_info_display.php, does it work?
    That Software Guy. My Store: Zen Cart Support
    Available for hire - See my ad in Services
    Plugin Moderator, Documentation Curator, Chief Cook and Bottle-Washer.
    Do you benefit from Zen Cart? Then please support the project.

Plugin Contributions

No, same error.

Plugin Contributions

When I tried your site... I clicked on the add to registry link but I did not register but, when I clicked on the back button I get an an error:

Error!
    Unable to determine the page link!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Richard.Tung View Post
    Error!
    Unable to determine the page link!
    That sort of error is a result of making a call to the zen_href_link() function with an invalid first parameter.
    Perhaps evaluating all such references in the addon might be a good place to start.
    Granted, the fact that it seems to hook something in the session that wants to do a redirect every time it hits the site after the root problem is once triggered (until browser cache is flushed or session expires), seems to suggest that whatever the error is may also be connected to something that might also be making a call to zen_redirect(). But I'd start by evaluating all the zen_href_link() calls in the addon first, double-checking that they're always being passed a valid (usable) value, and not blank strings or invalid page references.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

If you are having problems with a purchased module - why are you not asking the author for help?
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

Hi Kim,

At first, the author could not repeat the error. I came here to see if anyone else was getting the error or if it was just me.