Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How scalable is Zen-Cart

Quote Originally Posted by tanya3 View Post
    That's the standard answer whenever someone discovers how amateurish and incomplete this "zen" cart is. In my search for answers I found numerous such "standard answers".

I am not going to write my own. I will buy a commercial package and it will cost me much less than what the "zen" cart "team" is trying to charge people for fixing their bugs while claiming "these are new features".

Bye
    Tanya
    No actually my standard answer would be to either go the hell away or get smarter clients...

If you want the REAL merlin stock answer
    Zen cart PCI compliant Hosting

Plugin Contributions

I stick by my answer of get a smarter store manager and lock them down to the images folder only through ftp. I have reviewed yarnshop-bg.eu.....hmmmm besides sticking the images in subfolders you should learn how to resize them. I'm on business class cable and the pages take forever to load the images.
    Mike
    AEIIA - Zen Cart Certified & PCI Compliant Hosting
    The Zen Cart Forum...Better than a monitor covered with post-it notes!

Plugin Contributions

I realize this might be a moot point since the rude lady has left the building (and her "peers" can have her), but doesn't IH2 do exactly what she wanted?

I only use one image for large/med/sm so I never use them, but in the Image Handler 2 page in admin there are different form boxes for default (small), medium and large pics... Isn't that exactly the functionality she needed?

Plugin Contributions

She wants sub directories in each the large/medium/main images folder which IH2 unfortunately won't address.
    Mike

Plugin Contributions

What do you mean that you won't bend over backwards to help me use your free product to develop a cart that I will grow and prosper from all while I belittle and insult you. You should develop a better cart that people can customize and learn each and every possible contribution to in just a few hours so that we can get on with our lives. What are you people thinking???

Plugin Contributions

touche
    Mike

Plugin Contributions

Thanks, tat2nu.
    Mary Ellen
    I came; I saw; I Zenned
    Taking over the world... one website at a time
    Make sure brain is engaged before putting mouth in gear... or fingers to keyboard.

Holzheimer
    Fan Odyssey

Plugin Contributions

That admin interface for additional product images mod would be pretty cool if it was fixed.
    [FONT=Arial]Country Kitty Crafts[/FONT][FONT=Arial]
    [/FONT] [FONT=Garamond]
    [/FONT]

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by tanya3 View Post
    I will buy a commercial package and it will cost me much less than what the "zen" cart "team" is trying to charge people for fixing their bugs while claiming "these are new features".
    I suspect that you have accidentally stumbled across a certain company that describes itself as "the Zen Cart Team" and actually advertises itself as such, even though it has nothing whatsoever to do with the team that develops and maintains Zen Cart.

Interestingly (and irritatingly) I was working on a new client's site recently and came across one of my mods rebranded and sold commercially by the same people.

The real Zen Cart team maintains and enhances Zen Cart at no cost to you. And makes the source code available for members of this community to enhance and expand to meet their specific requirements.

If the defining feature that you need in a shopping cart is really the ability to upload a large image via the admin, then by all means go commercial. But I suspect you'll rapidly find different "bugs" in any e-commerce product and the odds of you getting a commercial company to "fix" them for free to your specification, or anywhere near the level of support and help offered here at no cost, are extremely small.
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234