Page 250 of 384 FirstFirst ... 150200240248249250251252260300350 ... LastLast
Results 2,491 to 2,500 of 3833
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Easy Populate support for Version 1.2.5.4

Quote Originally Posted by credenscel View Post
    Im using EP to upload automotive products and have come across an issue...
    there are instances where a part# can belong to different car models for ex:

Part#21-496 - for Audi A3
    also
    Part#21-496 - for VW GTI

in Easy populate i file these under 2 seperate categories, Audi and VW.
    The part# (model#) stays same, but i change the description of the product to read 1. for audi a3 2. for vw GTI
    but EZ populate just overwrites this and makes both products "for VW GTI.

basically,
    1. How to make EZ populate NOT to overwrite the descriptions?
    2. How to make EZ populate create DUPLICATE (not linked) products instead?

Your assistance is greatly appreciated.
    Thanks!

A few things come to mind for me.

1) The simplist is to add an prefix (or suffix) to your part numbers (Audi, VW, GM, etc) so that each would then have a unique number. Very simple to do, just use the concatenate feature of your spreadsheet (at least excel has that option).

2) It is also possible create a PN field, so that it will allow duplication of your PN's (use with the 1st idea?). You could substitute the PN field for the model # on the shipping invoices and search features, etc.

3) Another idea (which has not been researched by me) is that there might be a way to change the indexing key in EP from the model number to another field (such as the image path, since that is unique by definition). This assumes that the PN's all have a unique image.

Myself, I would stay with the VW-0123456 idea.
    Dennis
    www.stampdays.com
    Over 80,000 stamps and still growing!

Plugin Contributions

I have just started using EP 1.2.5.6.
    I hope you guys will help me get started with this add-on that I really need to use.
    I didn't need to run any SQL, just uploaded the files and it was there.
    Just in case I ran ?langer=install in the address bar after easypopulate.php and got warnings, but the files finally downloaded to tempEP.
    When I attempted to download attributes I got the following:
    "An SQL error has occured. Please check your input data for tabs within fields and delete these. If this error continues, please forward your error log to the Easy Populate maintainer."
    But in the end I did get the file, I have literally hundreds of attributes and was seeing all of them for all models, even those that don't belong.
    Any input on this error, please?

Plugin Contributions

Hey guys,

I'm relatively new to ZenCart and just starting to use it on a website for the company i work for.

I have the latest version of ZenCart, running a few add-ons, all to no luck as of right now. That is why I got on the forums.

I installed Easy Populate (latest version) and noticed it was giving me the array_flip error... Fixed that pretty easily, and noticed that my company didn't spring for PHP5 so running PHP4.

lame, i know

anyway, so now I am siting here and and everything seems to be working OK, no errors.. BUT, as soon as I upload to teh temp, then upload up, or do any type of "insert into db" .. I get nothing. it says its all okay, but nothign is actually pushing up.

I am goinng to do some more searching, just confused as to where the issue is... php4 issue? (i went back a few versions to see if this was the case... and still didn't work) install issue? (tried reinstalling a few times with a few different versions). array_flip fix issue? (maybe this does not actually fix it?)

any help appreciated.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by royboy789 View Post
    as soon as I upload to teh temp, then upload up, or do any type of "insert into db" .. I get nothing. it says its all okay, but nothign is actually pushing up.
    If you download the .csv template and then re-upload it, nothing will happen, and that is OK.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by ckosloff View Post
    If you download the .csv template and then re-upload it, nothing will happen, and that is OK.
    wait, that makes no sense... it says everything goes through ok, when i hit "insert into db" or watever... no errors

but the products i put into the CSV (new ones) don't get put into my store... very weird.

I changed this from 0 to 1000 but someone mentioend maybe i should have made the string larger, so I put in a few zeros.... still not working.

array_flip(fgetcsv($handle, 1000000, $csv_deliminator, $csv_enclosure))) {

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by royboy789 View Post
    wait, that makes no sense... it says everything goes through ok, when i hit "insert into db" or watever... no errors

but the products i put into the CSV (new ones) don't get put into my store... very weird.

I changed this from 0 to 1000 but someone mentioend maybe i should have made the string larger, so I put in a few zeros.... still not working.

array_flip(fgetcsv($handle, 1000000, $csv_deliminator, $csv_enclosure))) {
    I don't know if the problem I had and the way I solved it will help you or not...but here goes.

I had downloaded my entire ez-populate list of products...a total of about 2500 because I had to make some changes....Once I made the changes i used the tool to split the files which were uploaded to my temp file. Then I started to upload each file...but although I got the message that everything was okay...actually nothing was being uploaded.

So I downloaded all 8 of the temp files to my computer and took a look at them. One thing I noticed was that there were several columns that I really did not use that appeared blank...but I decided to delete them anyway...they were the specials_price...specials_date_avail and specials_expires_date. Once I deleted those columns and had ezpopulate upload each of the files everything worked fine.

Wish I had great insight as to why it worked...but you might try and look for some columns that should be blank and eliminate them and see if that helps.

Good luck.

Plugin Contributions

Default Download Complete .csv file to edit (Attributes Not Included)

I have searched through this thread and have not found any mentioning of this issue, and I apologize if this subject has already been covered.

I have a large inventory of items (48000+). When trying to download a Froogle (Google Base) feed, and when, in fact, trying to download any of these .csv/.txt files, my Admin area times out.

When I uploaded the inventory, I used a simple CSV splitter program to break up the upload file into 1000 item chunks...and I'm sure that if I were more PHP savvy I'd be able to code something to do the same thing but...I ain't. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Dale

We have just install Easy Populate

Version: 1.2.5.6.csv.2
    Last Updated: Jun 18 2009

Into Zen Cart™ Version: v1.3.7

It works great except for one bug. When you give the item a price ie $1.00 and you set sales tax in my case to IN @ 7%, it writes the $1.00 into the gross field and writes the net field as $0.93... basically lowering my net price.

We tried it without setting sales tax and it write $1.00 in both net and gross.

My solution until this is fixed is to load all items with no Sale Tax and then use SQL to change the flag

Anyone else experiencing this?
    Mike

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Download Complete .csv file to edit (Attributes Not Included)

Quote Originally Posted by jdw1979 View Post
    I have searched through this thread and have not found any mentioning of this issue, and I apologize if this subject has already been covered.

I have a large inventory of items (48000+). When trying to download a Froogle (Google Base) feed, and when, in fact, trying to download any of these .csv/.txt files, my Admin area times out.

When I uploaded the inventory, I used a simple CSV splitter program to break up the upload file into 1000 item chunks...and I'm sure that if I were more PHP savvy I'd be able to code something to do the same thing but...I ain't. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Dale
    It might be as simple as going to admin>configuration>my store and changing the Admin Set max_execution_time for processes to something longer, we have it set to 6000 seconds and then we get to the server's timeout issue. The server issue is set in the php.ini file located on your server. You may or may not have access to this, depending on your host, and you should be able to put one in the root directory of your site to control site-specific php. There is a setting in the php.ini for timeouts.

Zen Cart and it's community are the best!!

Plugin Contributions

I tried setting the Admin timeout. It didn't work. Well, phooey (I would say something else but it's a family forum)...I'll take a stab at creating a php.ini. I use Godaddy, so the actual file isn't available to me; though I have created one before to do something that I can't remember...a mind is a terrible thing to waste. I'll let you know how the php.ini edits go.

Dale

Oh how often I feel this way -->