Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Can't find table source in Welcome Email

Quote Originally Posted by kuroi View Post
    The code that you're posting doesn't have a yellow box. Your earlier version did, but you've removed the CSS that was colouring it yellow.

Are you saying that it is still showing as yellow in your emails. If so, I'd check that your changes are finding their way to the right place on your server.

If that's not the issue, then you're going to need to spell it out a bit more for those of us who haven't been living, breathing and sleeping with it for the past few days.
    Hi Kuroi, thanks for your help!

I finally got rid of the yellow block!!!

But now there is one sentence that is showing up in my real site welcome email that I was able to delete (somehow) in my test site welcome email. It is the sentence "[FONT=Verdana]Sign up for a free account and you will be emailed a Discount Coupon good for 20% off your first order! Minimum order of $10.00 is required."[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana]I checked in Admin/Tools/Define Pages Editor for define_discount_coupon and there is no text in it. I do remember editing this same file in my test site and removing that sentence. [/FONT]

I did delete the temporary internet files and signed up for an account, but the result was the same. I'm very perplexed!
    Sandy Solis
    SRS Custom Printing
    www.srscustomprinting.com

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Yes, I've already tried the developers took kit. When I input a few words from that sentence, it doesn't come up with any files. Also, I don't know what the function is called so I can't look it up that way.
    Sandy Solis
    SRS Custom Printing

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Okay, there are a couple possibilities:
    a) It's in a PHP file somewhere on your server ... in which case the Developers Toolkit will find it, whether it's in a language file or in a script file, it's impossible to guess ... so searching "all" files is key, not just isolating it to language files or admin etc.
    b) It's hard-coded in your html email template in the /email/ folder somewhere ... in which case you'll find that with your own eyes.
    c) Maybe you have an addon or customization added that's inserting that text ... in which case the Developers Toolkit should find it ... again because it's a .php file.

Something to check: Assuming you're using the built-in feature that automatically sends out a welcome coupon inside the welcome email, does turning that option off make any difference? Part of the coupon description?

If all else fails, skip the Developers Toolkit, and download the entire site to your PC (you should already have it all on your PC anyway since that's where one should normally do all their testing/development/updates/staging/backups/etc), and do a search on your PC for the text you're looking for, using a good PC-based text-file-search utility. Sometimes that'll pick something up that the Developer's Toolkit won't (since Dev Toolkit only searches .php files, and many times people opt not to use the "all files" option so they end up not searching thoroughly enough). Just some thoughts to help you find your needle.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

You might try using the developers toolkit to search specifically for "free account". Some phrases like "Discount" coupon are inserted into text from elsewhere and can prevent the full string from being found by the Developers Toolkit.
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

Wow, my thick-headedness amazes even me sometimes!

Since this problem circled around the gift/discount coupon, you'd think that would have been the first place I looked - NOPE!! I had input that sentence in the Admin/Gift Certificate/Coupon/Coupon Admin description section. It has now been deleted and my welcome emails now look the way I want (and make sense)!

Thanks to you both for your patience and help, you're great!
    Sandy Solis
    SRS Custom Printing

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12