Page 87 of 94 FirstFirst ... 37778586878889 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Sql errors

Hi folks - soz new to zencart so if i am repeating do forgive me.

Just installed latest version of Royal Mail (2.3.8) mods and getting following errors:

Warning The rates for the ParcelForce® Shipping Modules increased on 1st Jan 2008. A SQL patch is available to update them.
    The support thread is here, click on the "Last >>" link on the right to get to the most recent post.
    Warning The rates for the Royal Mail Shipping Modules increased on 6th Apr 2009. A SQL patch is available to update them.
    The support thread is here, click on the "Last >>" link on the right to get to the most recent post.
    Warning The rates for the Royal Mail Shipping Modules (Airmail) increased on 6th Apr 2009. A SQL patch is available to update them.
    Warning The rates for the Royal Mail Shipping Modules (Airmail & Surface Mail) increased on 6th Apr 2009. A SQL patch is available to update them.

Help.

Karl

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: New Royal Mail Modules

Hi - did u manage to find how to hide the shipping weight?

I also need to do this - Karl. www.reel2reel.co.uk

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Sql errors

The warnings are there to tell you that you need to adjust the rates to the current Royal Mail postal rates as they change every year. There is a SQL pacth available which can do this for you (see below in my signature).

Hiding the weight is a matter of either altering your templates (recommended because it's one of two files) or altering the modules (not recommended because they would get wiped out with any installation or upgrade and you'd be altering about 40 modules).

The most frequent newbie question is also why is ZC adding 3 Kg to the weight of each item, which is a matter of changing how much zc adds for packing materials on each item and is answered here

http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showpo...&postcount=795

(and many other places) which I'll remention as it pops up every month. With regards to future developements the next thing will be that the modules will be able to add a handling fee as a percentage, as there are so many modules this will take about a week to complete.

Thank you
    Philip.

Plugin Contributions

Hello

Do these modules cater for extra cost to offshore UK places like the Isle of Man, Isle of Wight etc?

Thanks

Andy

Plugin Contributions

they are the same for the uk (as they are in the uk :-) where royal mail is concerned, i thought

Plugin Contributions

OK, no worries - looking at the advancer shipper module now.

Thanks

I am based in the UK so the Royal Mail module sounds very interesting. Would I have to show every option? I do not ship overseas and wish to restrict delivery options to UK only. Would this be a problem? Obviously I would not want to offer airmail!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by thinkdeal View Post
    I am based in the UK so the Royal Mail module sounds very interesting. Would I have to show every option? I do not ship overseas and wish to restrict delivery options to UK only. Would this be a problem? Obviously I would not want to offer airmail!
    Just answered that, you can turn off the airmail modules. There is a different module for each royal mail service in the zip file.

Philip.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Thieving_Gypsy View Post
    Hello

Do these modules cater for extra cost to offshore UK places like the Isle of Man, Isle of Wight etc?

Thanks

Andy
    The royal mail calls the places above, the UK so there are no extra charges, if you are courier shipping however, you need to consider UKZR which is part of the ParcelForce Modules that I also wrote, you'll find the link below.

Philip.

Plugin Contributions

Hi

I've installed the Module, all the options appear in Zencart.

However when I try and activate them they go to the amber light. Not green.

I get the message about updating postage costs, but can I actually try out this add on without paying for the postage costs to be updated?

Am I doing something wrong?

I'm happy to do this if I like the way it integrates with my site and feel in is beneficial.

Page 87 of 94 FirstFirst ... 37778586878889 ... LastLast