Thread: paypal module

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: paypal module

Quote Originally Posted by Kayla View Post
    And this is definitely not my first store.
    I'd be interested in knowing if you see the same symptoms on one of your other stores ... because I certainly don't see it on a clean install of v1.3.8a.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Never had this issue before. That's why I had to resort to coming here.

This is a new build of an existing site but rather than duplicate the whole thing I just installed new so there was no issue with Cartage and then duplicated my (few) customized pages from the existing install like english.php, plus I copied over my database.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_TEXT_CATALOG_LOGO is defined in /includes/languages/english/modules/payment/paypal.php and referenced in /includes/modules/payment/paypal.php. Only those 2 files are involved in this situation.

So, if you're seeing the constant name instead of its defined value, then one or more of the following (I'm repeating what I've said earlier) is happening:
    - the language file is not found
    - the language file in the language which the customer has selected is not found
    - or said language file is incomplete and is missing the definition
    - or said language file contains a syntax error on one of the lines before the place where it's defined, causing the define() statement to not operate as it was intended
    - or the define() statement has been changed such that the constant it was supposed to define is renamed or otherwise not properly defining the intended value

- or core code which handles loading the language files for modules has been altered by some sort of addon/customization and is not actually loading any of the modules' language files ... in which case you'd see something similar for all payment modules you've enabled ... and probably even for shipping modules too.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

So Doc, this morning when my PHP guy made sure all the files were replaced and in the right place, it caused my existing install to go haywire with a Parse error Line 1 of paypal.php. I removed all Paypal module files from the new install and replaced paypal.php from install files on existing site and it went back to normal.

Here's what I've got under the same URL:

existing site
    public_html>root directory for site>zen files

new site
    public_html>root directory for site (different from above)>zendirectory>zen files

So we're both thinking that there must be something in the paypal files that is calling stuff from the root directory and it's getting confused because of the subdirectories?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Your shipping modules and payment modules and order-total modules all reside in the same subdirectory structure, so unless you're having problems with all those other things too, there should be no correlation between your folder structure and the problem of your site being unable to load one language constant which is supposed to exist in the same file as the other text that is loaded for the payment module to operate and be displayed on your site.

What happens if you use PayPal Express Checkout instead? It's typically way more reliable than Website Payments Standard/IPN anyway.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12