Page 20 of 226 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070120 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: ozpost shipping module

Quote Originally Posted by remoteone View Post
    Thinking,
    What if ozpost mod' was to store postage costs for selected methods in a temporary file. If the server is down, the "last known" values could be used instead? Ratter than the Flat rate.
    It already kinda does that by caching the responses received (for any given client), but if the destination, product quantity or product weights change (eg, by adding or removing items from the cart) then the cached results are invalidated (and rightfully so).

It isn't really possible to store 'selected methods in a temporary file' because there really are too many variables involved. It'd be more practical to simply move the data tables from the server to the client, but that would mean that every user would be responsible for keeping their own data tables updated (or waiting for me to update the tables, and then making a new distribution package available with the new rates that people would need to download and install. If the server connectivity problems were an ongoing issue this would probably be a good way of doing things, but all things considered, the servers have been pretty reliable for several years.

There is still no sign of life from the ozpost servers (over 15hrs now) and the ISP is being far less than helpful. They haven't even confirmed or acknowledged the reasons *why* the server is inaccessible.

Meanwhile, we've just signed up with another host and as soon as the DNS redelegations are complete we'll be able to start migrating our servers away from the current host.

Alas, we host over 50 different domains on our servers so the migration process is going to take a few days (at least) ... The question now is which is going to occur first, our migration efforts, or the resurrection of our current server? Your guess is as good as mine. :-(

Cheers
    Rod

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by RodG View Post
    It already kinda does that by caching the responses received (for any given client), but if the destination, product quantity or product weights change (eg, by adding or removing items from the cart) then the cached results are invalidated (and rightfully so).

It isn't really possible to store 'selected methods in a temporary file' because there really are too many variables involved. It'd be more practical to simply move the data tables from the server to the client, but that would mean that every user would be responsible for keeping their own data tables updated (or waiting for me to update the tables, and then making a new distribution package available with the new rates that people would need to download and install. If the server connectivity problems were an ongoing issue this would probably be a good way of doing things, but all things considered, the servers have been pretty reliable for several years.

There is still no sign of life from the ozpost servers (over 15hrs now) and the ISP is being far less than helpful. They haven't even confirmed or acknowledged the reasons *why* the server is inaccessible.

Meanwhile, we've just signed up with another host and as soon as the DNS redelegations are complete we'll be able to start migrating our servers away from the current host.

Alas, we host over 50 different domains on our servers so the migration process is going to take a few days (at least) ... The question now is which is going to occur first, our migration efforts, or the resurrection of our current server? Your guess is as good as mine. :-(

Cheers
    Rod
    Hi Rod,

I just installed this mod, and I'm not getting any sign of ozpost quotes on the shopping cart or checkout page. I'm not getting any errors or anything, I'm just getting the option for "Store Pickup" which is the only other shipping method I have installed.

Is this because of the error you've posted above? Once things are back to normal, will i see ozpost rates?

Plugin Contributions

Fingers crossed, either way it's sooner than later.

But your support and resolution efforts are very much appreciated..

Pity your host does not show the same concerns.

Mike

Plugin Contributions

red flag Re: ozpost shipping module

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Dean View Post
    Down for me toooooo Dang.. people trying to checkout too
    You could try this info i found let me know how you get on:

From various reasons you may receive an error message:
    - ERROR:Unable to obtain a valid quote from the Australia Post Server

To get the system working edit the following file:

/includes/modules/shipping/austpost.php
    go to line #118
    or look for: $SERVER = "http://austpost.vcsweb.com/ ;
    rem this line and insert a new line:
    $SERVER = "http://drc.edeliver.com.au/";

The last one is the Australian Post Office Website.

Also you can contact the owner of this module. He has done a great job and he can fix the problem on the "austpost.vcsweb.com".

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

I tried changing the server address as you suggested. I still get errors. I think that it is because this new server requires different arguments.

Warning: file(http://drc.edeliver.com.au/fees.php?...anndesigns.com) [function.file]: failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.1 404 Object Not Found in /home/homann/public_html/store/includes/modules/shipping/austpost.php on line 889

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/homann/public_html/store/includes/modules/shipping/austpost.php on line 138

I'm not up to the task of debugging that.

Iy does provide the shipping costs though, allowing checkout to continue.

Cheers,

Peter.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Homann View Post
    Hi,

I tried changing the server address as you suggested. I still get errors. I think that it is because this new server requires different arguments.

Warning: file(http://drc.edeliver.com.au/fees.php?...anndesigns.com) [function.file]: failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.1 404 Object Not Found in /home/homann/public_html/store/includes/modules/shipping/austpost.php on line 889

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/homann/public_html/store/includes/modules/shipping/austpost.php on line 138

I'm not up to the task of debugging that.

Iy does provide the shipping costs though, allowing checkout to continue.

Cheers,

Peter.
    Hello Peter,

Yes i have found a similar problem, at least i can give live quotes and it allows checkout to work.

I think it is time to email the creator of the module:

[email protected]

Sean

Plugin Contributions

This new module will fix the problems:

http://www.zen-cart.com/index.php?ma...oducts_id=1286

Sean

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by sgallasch View Post
    This new module will fix the problems:

http://www.zen-cart.com/index.php?ma...oducts_id=1286

Sean
    No it won't. We are having magor issues with our current ISP. The ozpost servers are currently inaccessible. No estimated time until it works again, we are at the mercy of the ISP to bring our servers back online again, or, until we manage to complete the migration process to another ISP (currently underway). It is a matter of which is going to occur first.

I seriosuly doubt that it will be fixed today.

Plugin Contributions

RodG,
    Ive got customers calling me with problems checking out.
    Doesnt ozpost use the Cost on Error values when the server is down?
    Estimate Shipping window is Blank, And the checkout page is just a BLANK page.!
    Why are the Cost on Error values not being used in this case?

Cheers
    The Poor Pay Twice.........remoteone.com.au

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by RodG View Post
    No it won't. We are having magor issues with our current ISP. The ozpost servers are currently inaccessible. No estimated time until it works again, we are at the mercy of the ISP to bring our servers back online again, or, until we manage to complete the migration process to another ISP (currently underway). It is a matter of which is going to occur first.

I seriosuly doubt that it will be fixed today.
    Thanks Rod for the info.

I have downloaded your latest version of ozpost, before the server outage i was happy with the older version, would there be any reason for me to upgrade to new version?

also will you do a post here when things are back online?

Thanks Rod best regards Sean