Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Paypal IPN, suddenly no more orders?

Quote Originally Posted by WiccanWitch420 View Post
    I was looking at that too, and I just placed an order, it gave me no order number and it did not show up on the site either. I went back to that blog, and look at it again, cause there was another error a totally different one that happened and is now resolved. Look at the times on there and the new error that was resolved is not about the paypal ipn.

Still waiting and getting mad, stupid paypal. I have been calling my customers and asking their orders. OR trolling the whos online and seeing what they have in their cart and writing it down.
    Yeah...you are right...the problem they say has been resolved is NOT the ipn issue. Actually I guess that is good news because it means they are still working on it rather than what I thought had happened...that is that they had indicated it was fixed when it was not fixed.

Because virtually all of my orders are PayPal I just shut down my site for a couple of hours for "maintenance" . Guess I need to go and look at doing the Google Payments process too.

Plugin Contributions

Paypal has admitted there is an issue. They are calling it a P1 issue (Top Priority). The Bug# associated to this issue is 00979816. They do not know when the issue will be completely resolved. I do not know about all of you, but my Zen Cart sends me emails telling me about these orders "Debug Data-Failure." Inside the detail of the email I am able to decifer the contents of the order. They are listed under [0] => Array. I then hold these dollar amounts to the payments present in my Paypal Account. I hope all of this helps .

Liz

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by turtlegirlliz View Post
    Paypal has admitted there is an issue. They are calling it a P1 issue (Top Priority). The Bug# associated to this issue is 00979816. They do not know when the issue will be completely resolved. I do not know about all of you, but my Zen Cart sends me emails telling me about these orders "Debug Data-Failure." Inside the detail of the email I am able to decifer the contents of the order. They are listed under [0] => Array. I then hold these dollar amounts to the payments present in my Paypal Account. I hope all of this helps .

Liz
    No...I don't get any such emails from my Zen Cart. Wonder if you have an add-on that provides it or if there is something in the Admin that would be generating those emails. All I get is the email from PayPal showing that the payment was made.

Actually I just realized that I can get these emails if I switch my IPN Debug mode to have such emails sent to me. So I am doing that now. That will allow me to reopen my shop as presumably I will get enough information from these to be able to know what people have ordered.
    Last edited by maineiac13; 14 Oct 2009 at 09:14 PM. Reason: Found additional information

Plugin Contributions

crap -- i spent all day on this... even submitted a post (last resort) and now i find this post... odd i didnt see it earlier...

no fix from paypal yet... http://developer.paypal-portal.com/t...5CDC4B9A2#A470

Plugin Contributions

It will send you a copy of the transaction in a programming form. However, it doesn't take much to pull from it what is necessary. As for Paypal. I sat on the phone with them a couple of times and I re-iterated to them that I know there is a problem all of my other payment options are functioning properly. At that point, I finally found someone interested in accepting the buck. I told him that I appreciate his honesty. The passing of the buck costs me more money than the issue itself.

Liz

Plugin Contributions

No Fix, but they are still working on it!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by maineiac13 View Post
    No...I don't get any such emails from my Zen Cart. Wonder if you have an add-on that provides it or if there is something in the Admin that would be generating those emails. All I get is the email from PayPal showing that the payment was made.

Actually I just realized that I can get these emails if I switch my IPN Debug mode to have such emails sent to me. So I am doing that now. That will allow me to reopen my shop as presumably I will get enough information from these to be able to know what people have ordered.
    I'm confused by this -- how do I configure this in the admin so that I can get emails (or to a log file) that tells me what they ordered?

My current payment module is set to debug mode but I'm not getting emails, everything is going to the log files. I've checked the log files in includes/modules/payment/paypal/logs and I do not see any transaction details anywhere. Am I missing something?

Plugin Contributions

I didn't set up my Zen Cart, so I have no idea how I receive these emails. I wish I could help further.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by turtlegirlliz View Post
    I do not know about all of you, but my Zen Cart sends me emails telling me about these orders "Debug Data-Failure." Inside the detail of the email I am able to decifer the contents of the order. They are listed under [0] => Array. I then hold these dollar amounts to the payments present in my Paypal Account. I hope all of this helps .

Liz
    I have never seen an e-mail like this, either. The problem is that we do not receive anything from the cart when the payment has not been confirmed by PayPal. At least we do have the customer information and the payment info. If only I knew what to ship!

This is not the only part of PayPal that is not working correctly. When you print some of the new PayPal screens the HTML table outlines are printed and the forms look pretty crappy. Someone at PayPal needs to get fired.
    Last edited by Tech-E; 14 Oct 2009 at 10:00 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by maineiac13 View Post

Hiya, if you could tell me how to do this, that would be cool. =) Thanks Jamie

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast