Page 42 of 74 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Auction Product Type

Nevermind on the auction popup help, I realized the font was the same color as the background so I edited the style sheet in my template and yeehaw! Still curious about how to edit my images so they are not cut off, I will fiddle a little. Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Motorcycle Connectio View Post
    Nevermind on the auction popup help, I realized the font was the same color as the background so I edited the style sheet in my template and yeehaw! Still curious about how to edit my images so they are not cut off, I will fiddle a little. Thanks!
    I use 120 x 120 images for faster page loads. The css 'box4' container controls the space for the image display.
    Dave
    Always forward thinking... Lost my mind!

Plugin Contributions

Dave

I'm running into a couple of problems and for the love of God I can't figure it out:

1) the winner can't see the auctions he has won in his account area
    2) once auction is paid by the winner the Pay Now button keeps appearing there instead of the Sold button

The email thing I was able to figure out, but these 2 are driving me insane and I really want to fix it. Any idea how?

Thanks for the help.

MV
    M.Valenti
    Contemporary Artist - Entrepreneur
    http://www.manuelavalenti.com - http://www.byvalenti.com

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mvstudio View Post
    1) the winner can't see the auctions he has won in his account area
    If you have it switched to auto add the product to the winner cart, then when the winner logs in, they should see that the cart has products ready for check out. The normal shopping cart functions take over from here. Once checkout is completed, then the order will show in there account history. If auto add is off and 'Pay Now' button is on, then they need to visit the product page and click the button. At this time, a account section is not ready, will add it in later.

Quote Originally Posted by mvstudio View Post
    2) once auction is paid by the winner the Pay Now button keeps appearing there instead of the Sold button
    currently, the product once it makes it through checkout, should go inactive and not be displayed at all. Again, this is something I do plan to add, but for now, a sold button is not used.
    Dave
    Always forward thinking... Lost my mind!

Plugin Contributions

Thank you for your reply.

How do I switch to auto add the product to the winner cart? Is that a feature of the auction type??
    M.Valenti
    Contemporary Artist - Entrepreneur
    http://www.manuelavalenti.com - http://www.byvalenti.com

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the info on the pics, I worked them out. I dont know if I messed up some code but when i post an item I get an error on the category. It states "invalid master category ID" when i post a product in general product it picks up the category. When the item is posted on the items listings page I can buy the item for the original auction price, not the buy it now price. It doesnt seem to be updating, although when I run the product through on a buy it now in the individual product page, and take it to the cart, it updates the price. I hear talk about clearing the table and starting over from my php, however I am sceered of the my php, I try not to mess with it. I am a novice, I mess with html and tinker a little, so sometimes I mess up the codes. However I tried to keep this auction mod clean because I think its a great addition to a site. What can I do to fix my products? Thanks! Also the auction manager page seems off kilter a little, it shows all the product id's first then the product information, its not lined up. My new site is http://bidsalad.com. Thanks for the auction product type mod!

Plugin Contributions

Nevermind all fixed except the invalid master category, seems to be working anyway. Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Not sure where else to add this, Ive installed this mod for possible future use and i came accross a small error whilst validating, within includes/templates/custom/css/stylesheet_auction.css line 39 it is missing the 'px' after the width and the margin

it says

div#box5 {width:240;padding: 5px;margin:10 auto;background:#ffffff }

instead of

div#box5 {width:240px;padding: 5px;margin:10px auto;background:#ffffff }

Thanks
    Ben

Plugin Contributions

Everything on my auction site working wonderfully, one gliche I cant figure out is my auctions manager is out of kilter. Here is a screen shot
    Name:  Image1.jpg
Views: 317
Size:  17.4 KB

Plugin Contributions

Although this should work....Looking at the product types / Product - Auction / Edit Layout . The show additional images in not there like in the regular product.

I think if this switch was added it would allow the additional images to show.

Anyone know how to add this switch to just the auction product through the SQL?

I have tried but keep getting error of tables.....

Thanks
    Grant

Quote Originally Posted by davewest View Post
    Displaying of the additional image is done differently then the main products images. I modified this a bit so the 'Fuel Slimbox' and additional images would work, but I didn't change the logic. May have to work through it when I get more time.

If your site is heavily modified templates, then you should be thinking about changing the default layout of the auction product page, also if includes\templates\template_default\common\tpl_columnar_display.php was deleted or modified, then the images would not show and the code would error and stop the display. This is a standard common file, not part of the mod.

You can test this by commenting out line 128 in includes\templates\YOUR_TEMPLATE\templates\tpl_product_auction_info_display.php

Code:
    /**
     * display the products additional images
     */
     //require(DIR_WS_MODULES . 'pages/' . $current_page_base . '/main_template_vars_images.php'); ?>
      <!--eof Additional Product Images -->
    The main image uses the same standard image call as your main product pages and should work.

This image shows how the images line up, also, the main image on top is slightly larger then the rest.

Page 42 of 74 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast