Page 92 of 123 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: My Checkout Without Account Mod

Quote Originally Posted by Throwdown View Post

Through my FTP I think all of the file overrides/replacements goes fine ....
    When it comes to installing the SQL patch (I'm opening the COWOA.sql in notepad and copying and pasting into the sql field, after hittting send I'm receiving an error of:

1062 Duplicate entry 'Permanent Account Holders Only' for key 'query_name'
    in:
    [INSERT INTO zen_query_builder ( query_id , query_category , query_name , query_description , query_string ) VALUES ( '', 'email,newsletters', 'Permanent Account Holders Only', 'Send email only to permanent account holders ', 'select customers_email_address, customers_firstname, customers_lastname from TABLE_CUSTOMERS where COWOA_account != 1 order by customers_lastname, customers_firstname, customers_email_address');]
    If you were entering information, press the BACK button in your browser and re-check the information you had entered to be sure you left no blank fields.

Then trying with checkout it brings me to my default error page... www.throwdownperformance.com

Thanks in advance for any help!
    Have you gotten any answer to this problem? I am getting the same thing and, if I can't resolve it, I'd rather not use the mod.

NEXT QUEST:
    Has anyone found any instructions to UNinstall the COWOA mod?

Plugin Contributions

I just asked that question two posts ago.

I deleted the appropriate code from the files ... but would like to have an uninstall .sql .....

Plugin Contributions

I guess no one has the answer. I,also, had to go through and pick out all the pieces.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by beyre View Post
    I just asked that question two posts ago.

I deleted the appropriate code from the files ... but would like to have an uninstall .sql .....
    There is no uninstall sql.

It doesn't hurt anything to leave it there. It does nothing to the regular checkout. Leaving all of the files, but only removing the code from the login page, is really the only thing that needs to be done if this mod is not for you.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by sbergkakmp View Post
    I did get this to work. I'm not sure I can remember all the steps I did, but it's working now. Steve B.
    I am having the same issues. Can you remember what you did? I tried to load new FEC update with COWOA. Then I went back to old files because did not work. Now I get blank screen.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by CUSTOM_UK View Post
    After careful evaluation of the options available and seeing that checkout with account options typically only remove the password input, but still leaves all the other inputs on the form to still be filled in, I have decided on a more radical solution.

I am going to simply remove the checkout button completely from the cart page and just have PayPal Express and Google Checkout buttons showing. That way potential buyers will never even have the opportunity to endure those tedious form filling exercises.

Of course this option will only work with sites whose only method of payment is PayPal or Google, but until someone comes up with a more graceful and effective solution, that is the direction I am going in with my own sites.
    I only use PayPal. I really like FEC and COWOA, but has cost so much in sales. I have had several customers call. And I am beyond frustration level.

What files did you modify/delete? Do customers still show up in admin? Wondering how you do this because all information will go directly to PayPal.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by znrinarz View Post
    Just installed COWOA and tried to login to my site. Getting the following SQL error msg:

1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ':email AND COWOA_account != 1' at line 9
    in:
    [SELECT customers_id, customers_firstname, customers_password, customers_email_address, customers_default_address_id, customers_authorization, customers_referral FROM zen_customers WHERE customers_email_address = :email AND COWOA_account != 1]

Was there a syntax error in the original SQL patch for this mod??
    I am having the same problem

Did anybody have an answer for this, my customers cannot log in currently so I am losing sales

ANY help would be greatly appreciated

Plugin Contributions

I found the answer in a (much) earlier post on this thread:

I replaced modules/pages/login/header_php.php with the origional code from the over-writes folder.
    Which is what I just done and seems to be working fine now :)

Plugin Contributions

I have a ZenCart 1.3.8a site, www.lifering.com, on which COWOA has been performing brilliantly for months. However, I recently got an update notice from ZC about a patch for PHP 5.3 - it apparently breaks ZC extravagantly. I consulted my ISP about their upgrade plans, and they're going to upgrade to PHP 5.3 in about 2 weeks, which means I need to get cracking.

The patch contains 11 files, of which one is part of COWOA:

/<ADMIN>/orders.php

(I changed the name of /admin last summer per another patch.)

I put the patch file in WinMerge and compared it against my production file and there are exactly 5 differences, but - how do I know what they may break? I don't have a test site. WinMerge will only produce a diff file in HTML, and I can't upload HTML to show you.

Has anybody done this and was it OK? Is anybody running COWOA successfully on PHP 5.3??
    hedera

Nature bats last.

Plugin Contributions

OK, for the record, and because I only have a short time before PHP 5.3 rolls out, I went ahead and put it in. I modified the orders.php in the patch by putting back in the two sections that referenced COWOA, and leaving untouched the patched code that didn't. For the record, in case it helps someone else, here are the changes I made.

In every case below, the first line is from the patch; the second line is from the production COWOA file.

First:
    date_purchased from " . TABLE_ORDERS . "

versus
    date_purchased, COWOA_order from " . TABLE_ORDERS . "

I think we're safe with the COWOA entry from that. Changed.

Second:
    $zc_max_days = zen_date_diff($check_status->fields['date_purchased'], date('Y-m-d H:i:s', time())) + DOWNLOAD_MAX_DAYS;

versus
    $zc_max_days = date_diff($check_status->fields['date_purchased'], date('Y-m-d H:i:s', time())) + DOWNLOAD_MAX_DAYS;

No COWOA mentions; keep the patch version.

Third:
    date_purchased from " . TABLE_ORDERS . "

versus
    date_purchased, COWOA_order from " . TABLE_ORDERS . "

Keep the COWOA version.

Fourth:
    EMAIL_TEXT_ORDER_NUMBER . ' ' . $oID . "\n\n" .
    EMAIL_TEXT_INVOICE_URL . ' ' . zen_catalog_href_link(FILENAME_CATALOG_ACCOUNT_HISTORY_INFO, 'order_id=' . $oID, 'SSL') . "\n\n" .
    EMAIL_TEXT_DATE_ORDERED . ' ' . zen_date_long($check_status->fields['date_purchased']) . "\n\n" .

versus
    EMAIL_TEXT_ORDER_NUMBER . ' ' . $oID . "\n\n";
    if(!$check_status->fields['COWOA_order']) {
    $message .= EMAIL_TEXT_INVOICE_URL . ' ' . zen_catalog_href_link(FILENAME_CATALOG_ACCOUNT_HISTORY_INFO, 'order_id=' . $oID, 'SSL') . "\n\n";
    }
    $message .= EMAIL_TEXT_DATE_ORDERED . ' ' . zen_date_long($check_status->fields['date_purchased']) . "\n\n" .

Damn if I'm sure, but I think I need to keep the COWOA stuff here.

Last:
    $zc_max_days = zen_date_diff($check_status->fields['date_purchased'], date('Y-m-d H:i:s', time())) + DOWNLOAD_MAX_DAYS;

versus
    $zc_max_days = date_diff($check_status->fields['date_purchased'], date('Y-m-d H:i:s', time())) + DOWNLOAD_MAX_DAYS;

Keep the patch version.

After I rolled this out, I ran a full purchase transaction and it worked correctly. I hope it all still works after the PHP upgrade.
    hedera

Nature bats last.

Page 92 of 123 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102 ... LastLast