Thread: Paymate

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Paymate

What is the latest version?

In the download section, it says version "1.0" (code modified by ramana on 10 apr 2008)

http://www.zen-cart.com/index.php?ma...eyword=paymate

However, here in the thread, the latest seems to be version "1.3a" (mentioned above)

Would love to get the latest version and give it a try. If anyone could send it, please PM me

Many thanks

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mcpisik View Post
    Hi,
    From experience with this module and no order being showed, it's only a matter of the customer not completing their part.
    If they don't click confirm at the end of the paymate payment, then the payment just gets done, but without notification of your order from the cart.

To fix this, I changed the payment options text to "ensure you complete the paymate transaction until you are returned to our site"
    Since doing this I have done about 400 transactions with no missing orders.
    eg.
    Cash
    Bank Deposit
    Credit Card "ensure you complete...."

Hope this helps...
    Thanks for all the comments here about the issue with buyers failing to click our 'Confirm Order' button on the payment receipt page. We would like your views on the following:

1. We will move our 'Confirm Order' button to the top of the receipt page and move all receipt details below the fold, so the buyer is more likely to click the confirm button. We do return the receipt details (including Paymate Transaction ID) to the return URL provided by the seller, so we recommend you display all our receipt details on your page as well.

2. Since OsCommerce has a similar problem, we posted a Paymate Module - SP1 which solved the problem by storing the order details BEFORE passing the buyer on to the Paymate page. So even if the buyer does not click the confirm button, the seller will have the order to follow up on. [If the buyer never makes a payment, you will have an unpaid order.]

If this approach is acceptable, perhaps the same SPI module can be replicated for Zen Cart?

We will not be able to get to this until September 2009 due to resource constraints, so if anyone is able to make the effort earlier, the OSCommerce SPI module is here addons.oscommerce.com/info/5489

Plugin Contributions

Has anyone else found a better fix for this? I am getting orders and then having to email the customer to ask what they ordered, not a very good look at all! Will probably have to go with paypal or something until the issue is sorted... shame as paymate worked well for me when I was simply using the add to cart button on my old site before I went to Zencart, but my product range grew from 50 to 300+ so I needed more professional system.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Sancho View Post
    Has anyone else found a better fix for this? I am getting orders and then having to email the customer to ask what they ordered, not a very good look at all! Will probably have to go with paypal or something until the issue is sorted... shame as paymate worked well for me when I was simply using the add to cart button on my old site before I went to Zencart, but my product range grew from 50 to 300+ so I needed more professional system.
    On the odd occasion this happens to me, I have the login as customer module installed.
    I then can see what is still sitting in their cart. As far as they know it is no longer in their cart, so they don't remove it or check after ordering...
    You may still need to confirm some details with them, but can at least tell them they missed the last button and act like you know what's going on...

Plugin Contributions

Good idea, I just tell them the site is still under development, which is true, but the orders are starting to come now so I have to do something. Have contacted DPS and if they are no good I'll go with PayPal. Its a shame as I did like Paymate.

There are simply too many screens at checkout also, Will using other payment modules reduce this? As it really is not a very user friendly process :| ... would hate to be losing sales because of a too complicated system.

Plugin Contributions

can somebody send me the latest module?

Plugin Contributions

Just a question to Paymate, Did you ever get around to posting SPI module for Zen Cart?

Just as its now approaching November and you were talking about completing it by September 09

- Scout

Plugin Contributions

I used this edit on page 3 a couple times now and it works fine, redirects back and places the order.

Plugin Contributions

Hi Again,

I've completed what someone said to do on page 3 and everything seems to be working fine when checking out in Mozilla but Internet Explorer 8 (the latest version of IE) on the other hand has a couple issues.

I;m wondering if anyone else is using IE 8 and checked that Paymate is working correctly?

what seems to be happening is that when you choose to pay with Paymate you select confirm and are taken to Paymate check out page where you enter all your credit card details.

Whats keeps happening is that the first time you are taken to this page the recurring payment section is already open (with out selecting recurring payment) and just below the the address bar in a browser information box it says "Internet Explorer has modified this page to help prevent cross site scripting"

When you enter your details and press confirm, instead of going to the next page it actually reloads the first page without the recurring payment open and without the cross site scripting information box.

My question is to everyone that is having no problems with the Paymate module what Browser are you using?

Also does anyone know how to pass the "Order Items" reference to the Express Payment page? As like some people have mentioned this field is empty when emails to both the customer and seller are received.

Thanks to all in advance. Kind Regards Rob

Plugin Contributions

Hi all
    I was just reading through the thread but couldnt find the answer to my question. When the customer is checking out through Paymate they are taken to the Paymate website for order processing. It then asks them to fill out all the necessary fields including E-mail of the seller. My question is how they know which E-mail address I'm using. Is there a better way to overcome this problem ? So that they dont have to put my e-mail address.
    Regards

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast