Page 19 of 30 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Currency Update (Automatic)

I am new to this and have not had any problems setting up anything else with zencart until now.

I am loosing my mind with this. I have been at it for hours just to make sure i have read all the posts and not missed something.

The error I am getting when I try to access the "currency_update_curled.php file" using my browser just to see if it works is:

Warning: require_once(/home/[username]/public_html/imnaughty.net/includes/cinfigure.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No suchfile or directory in /home/dirtysic/public_html/imnaughty.net/currency_update_curled.php on line 20

Fatal error:require_once() [function.require-once]: Failed opeding required '/home/dcm2hdf/public_html/imnaughty.net/includes/configure.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/dirtysic/public_html/imnaughty.net/currency_update_curled.php on line 20

I have tried every variation i can think of. The "currency_update_curled.php file" is in the root directory. I have setup the cron job to be:
    curl imnaughty.net/currency_update.php

as mentioned in a post about curled (cpanel)

I am unsure about the [username] also, is it your zencart usename or your username to login to cpanel or your username to login to your hosting???

Sorry if this is silly but i truely have read all 18 pages and cannot figure it out.

Plugin Contributions

If you read the part you posted it says No suchfile or directory and failed to open file.

You need to play around with the part of script which mentions location.

Depending on your webhost the method you use may differ. See previous posts here for suggestions others have used

Plugin Contributions

Hi Whitt,

Thanks for your comment. I understand that the location is the problem but I just can not figure it out. I have tried sooo many variations and literally read every post in the now 19 pages but can not get the right location.

I think it has maybe to do with the username,
    When it says [username] - what username does it mean?

Plugin Contributions

i use curled version and

'/var/www/vhosts/mywebsite.com/httpdocs/'

Plugin Contributions

Re: Currency Update (Automatic)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    i use curled version and

'/var/www/vhosts/mywebsite.com/httpdocs/'

Thank you for being so patient and taking to to assist.
    I am trying everything i can think of and will try what you have above. In your example what does the "var" represent and the "vhost"????

not sure if this helps but my domain name is in my hosting account as an addon domain although the "currency etc" file is in the root directory for that domain name which is also the root directory for the zen-cart

Also just to clarify, the cron job detail should not affect me at this point of just using my browser to test if the file work - correct?
    Last edited by imnaughty; 12 Feb 2010 at 02:38 AM.

Plugin Contributions

correct you can use browser at this stage.

I am not sure what var or vhost mean. that was on my hosts home page FAQ support area.
    I just put file in root directory and think that must be how the script sends me to the root.
    Some hosts use or need a different format .

give it a try and change my website to yours

Plugin Contributions

I got onto my hosting support and they have told me that it should read:

/home/dirtysic/public_html/imnaughty.net/

this is what i have put into the file:

DEFINE ('/home/dirtysic/public_html/imnaughty.net/')

//Get Zen Cart configuration data
    require_once('/home/dirtysic/public_html/imnaughty.net/currency_update_curled.php/includes/configure.php');
    ('/home/dirtysic/public_html/imnaughty.net/currency_update_curled.php/includes/database_tables.php');

But it still comes up with this error:

Warning: define() expects at least 2 parameters, 1 given in /home/dirtysic/public_html/imnaughty.net/currency_update_curled.php on line 17

Warning: require_once(/home/dirtysic/public_html/imnaughty.net/currency_update_curled.php/includes/configure.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: Not a directory in /home/dirtysic/public_html/imnaughty.net/currency_update_curled.php on line 20

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/dirtysic/public_html/imnaughty.net/currency_update_curled.php/includes/configure.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/dirtysic/public_html/imnaughty.net/currency_update_curled.php on line 20

I am loosing my mind - PLEASE HELP

Plugin Contributions

what happens if you use?
    '/home/dirtysic/public_html/'

remember if you are going to use browser when it works you will get a blank page.
    Last edited by whitt; 12 Feb 2010 at 04:43 AM.

Plugin Contributions

still no good - tried a few more variations but still not working. I tried without imnaughty and others but i am sure it needs to have imnaughty.net as that is a subdomain/addon on my hosting account.

I am open for any other ideas? maybe I should try the other version that is not "curled"?

Plugin Contributions

Also, I am not sure but I dont think it has anything to do with permissions as i have set it to 744 for now but can change it if anyone thinks that is it

Page 19 of 30 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast