Page 277 of 384 FirstFirst ... 177227267275276277278279287327377 ... LastLast
Results 2,761 to 2,770 of 3833
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Easy Populate support for Version 1.2.5.4

Hopefully I have all of the details... I have Zen Cart 1.3.8a installed and have installed all of the files for Easy Populate Advance2.75a-Zen-Cart 1.2. When I go to Tools, Easy Populate, Browse to Upload EP File for Import, select the file and hit Insert into db, the screen just flashes for a minute, clears and then reloads the easypopulate.php screen. This same thing happens when I try to import from the temp directory as well. My temp directory is set to 777. The export functions does the same thing, the screen just flashes and reloads. There are no files in the temp folder either. I am confident my cvs file for import is correct.

If anyone can tell me what I am doing wrong and why it will not import the file I would appreciate it,
    Matt

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by shopkepr View Post
    Hopefully I have all of the details... I have Zen Cart 1.3.8a installed and have installed all of the files for Easy Populate Advance2.75a-Zen-Cart 1.2. When I go to Tools, Easy Populate, Browse to Upload EP File for Import, select the file and hit Insert into db, the screen just flashes for a minute, clears and then reloads the easypopulate.php screen. This same thing happens when I try to import from the temp directory as well. My temp directory is set to 777. The export functions does the same thing, the screen just flashes and reloads. There are no files in the temp folder either. I am confident my cvs file for import is correct.

If anyone can tell me what I am doing wrong and why it will not import the file I would appreciate it,
    Matt
    Cardinal error... WRONG version of EP. You must use EP 1.2.5.4
    20 years a Zencart User

Plugin Contributions

it actually worked fine! and shows up in my product descriptions. All good.
    Michelle Wardley
    Fine Artist & Musician

Plugin Contributions

I'm really considering purchasing Easy Populate Advanced but the site isn't that informative of what it can do with respect to attributes/options with different prices and product codes and image swatches. Can anybody who uses it give me more detail?

Also, why are people complaining about support? Is there none? It says that you get a year of support with your purchase,,,, where did Langer go? Did somebody take over for him or did he just disappear?

Thanks
    Lisa

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by cdnbride View Post
    I'm really considering purchasing Easy Populate Advanced but the site isn't that informative of what it can do with respect to attributes/options with different prices and product codes and image swatches. Can anybody who uses it give me more detail?

Also, why are people complaining about support? Is there none? It says that you get a year of support with your purchase,,,, where did Langer go? Did somebody take over for him or did he just disappear?

Thanks
    Lisa
    I paid for the EP Advanced last summer had problems and was never able to get it working. Whoever controls that website should stop selling the product!!! or say on the site that there is no support and you're on your own if you buy it.

I have a lot of attributes with my products and have struggled to get EP (I've tried every version) to handle attributes in any reliable way.

Sorry for being so negative!!

Plugin Contributions

kcb410- I have gotten myself comfortable with the free version so I thought that maybe the advanced would seem similar in how it works etc. Are you using EP Advanced now or just the free version. If I knew how to get my attributes done with the free version I would do it, I just don't want to give myself any unnecessary headaches. Its been a real learning curve since I started, I didn't even know how to make a spreadsheet 6 months ago! lol

Plugin Contributions

kcb410- I have gotten myself comfortable with the free version so I thought that maybe the advanced would seem similar in how it works etc. Are you using EP Advanced now or just the free version. If I knew how to get my attributes done with the free version I would do it, I just don't want to give myself any unnecessary headaches. Its been a real learning curve since I started, I didn't even know how to make a spreadsheet 6 months ago! lol
    I abandoned EP Advanced shortly after I paid for it! I currently use EP 1.2.5.4. but I believe I was using the 1.2.5.5 CSV version when I did the bulk of my uploading. I used the free version for my attribute uploads. I did approximately 1300-1500 products in small groups of 100-200 products. I encountered many issues and errors, I would classify it as immensely frustrating!! but I'm basically done.

Do you have a lot of products to add?

I also use Store Manager by MagneticOne but it doesn't provide a solution for bulk attribute uploading.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by kcb410 View Post
    I abandoned EP Advanced shortly after I paid for it! I currently use EP 1.2.5.4. but I believe I was using the 1.2.5.5 CSV version when I did the bulk of my uploading. I used the free version for my attribute uploads. I did approximately 1300-1500 products in small groups of 100-200 products. I encountered many issues and errors, I would classify it as immensely frustrating!! but I'm basically done.

Do you have a lot of products to add?

I also use Store Manager by MagneticOne but it doesn't provide a solution for bulk attribute uploading.
    Well, I've got about 3000 products that have attributes (the rest are just a straight upload) and I can't stand the thought of adding them all manually. I'm on a Mac so I find that sometimes things work for others that don't work the same for me.

Can you tell me if it works basically the same way as the free version? Or will I have to start over by learning a whole new way of doing everything again?

Plugin Contributions

Well, I've got about 3000 products that have attributes (the rest are just a straight upload) and I can't stand the thought of adding them all manually. I'm on a Mac so I find that sometimes things work for others that don't work the same for me.

Can you tell me if it works basically the same way as the free version? Or will I have to start over by learning a whole new way of doing everything again?
    It's similar....you wouldn't be starting over as far as learning goes.
    Easy Populate Advanced will probably be a waste of your money.....but I'm a little bitter.

Plugin Contributions

quick question schoolboy....

does easy populate have a sql reset option? just seem like people are running into that problem, and i figure i should ask someone more knowledgeable with this MOD before i go ahead and add a SQL reset option to this module, it just seem like many others are running into the same problems I was, and MANUALLY REMOVING seems to be quite troublesome for some.

if needed,I'll can just write up a function to remove those CONFIGURATION KEYS out of the DB, and allow them to re-install those keys...

Thanks,

cvue