Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Checkout Amazon Style -- Support Thread

Hi,
    Quote Originally Posted by MehYourFace View Post
    Hi! I'm using Zen Cart vs 1.3.8 and installed this add-on and it works great when I click check-out.

However, when I click login, it takes me to the default ZenCart login or create account.
    That is what it is supposed to do. It doesn't replace the login or create account pages, just the initial checkout stage.

Regards,
    Christian.

Plugin Contributions

Cool deal. Just making sure I'm not missing something. Great add-on, by the way.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by CJPinder View Post
    Hi,

The Mod doesn't actually give you the option to checkout without an account. The screen shot you posted looks exactly as I would expect.

Maybe there was some custom coding done after the mod was installed to add the checkout without account option? Or possibly the Checkout Amazon Style mod wasn't the one originally used. Could you have been using the Checkout Without Account (COWOA) mod instead?

Regards,
    Christian.
    Thanks Christian. I must be having a brain fart. I never installed COWOA, but my client is insisting that we used to be able to let customers check out without having an account, so I thought something went wrong at the stage where your mod kicks in. I have no idea what happened here...so sorry to bug you!

Tracey

Plugin Contributions

What's the best way to uninstall this mod? I installed it over a year ago and am worried that if I just remove the files, I will break something else somewhere.

Thanks!
    Tracey

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by traypup View Post
    What's the best way to uninstall this mod? I installed it over a year ago and am worried that if I just remove the files, I will break something else somewhere.
    The mod is self-contained. To install it you just upload the files in the zip file and to uninstall you just remove them. Nothing else will break if you just remove the files that are part of the mod.

Regards,
    Christian.

Plugin Contributions

Christian,

Thank you so much --- my favorite kind of mod! You are officially my favorite person today.

Tracey

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by traypup View Post

Thank you so much --- my favorite kind of mod! You are officially my favorite person today.
    Thank you. Glad to be of help.

Just a thought, but was PayPal Express previously enabled? That would appear at the bottom of the first checkout page giving the option to checkout through paypal without creating an account.

Regards,
    Christian.

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

This mod has been working fine, however i have a bug...
    if a customer adds products to cart and goes to pay, and the login options page you have create account or login with email address.
    if you click you are a returning customer and put in your details it kicks you out of the cart process and takes you to the main page of the website... however, it does log you in, but you then have to click on cart and the checkout buttons again.

due to this im losing pretty much all return customers.

Plugin Contributions

ok i've located the bug.
    this appears to only happen if the customer has a previous cart that did not complete.

so if its a new customer, or a customer that didnt place anything in cart then it works fine.

however, if the customer is returning from a previous visit and had item in the cart then the contribution seems to bug out and instead of redirecting to the cart page it redirects back to the main index page instead.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by evilonion View Post
    ok i've located the bug.
    this appears to only happen if the customer has a previous cart that did not complete.

so if its a new customer, or a customer that didnt place anything in cart then it works fine.

however, if the customer is returning from a previous visit and had item in the cart then the contribution seems to bug out and instead of redirecting to the cart page it redirects back to the main index page instead.
    I just tested this on a clean ZC138 install and I cannot reproduce the problem, everything works as expected.

Can you tell me a bit more about your set up, any other mods you have installed, any changes you might have made etc.

Regards,
    Christian.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast