Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: AutoTweet [support]

Facebook Mod!! Can't wait for it!

You know, Facebook and Twitter supposedly has an app that combines the updates on both. But lately it has not been working. I've been reading on the complains of folks but so far no efforts to repair this has been done.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by corditreasures View Post
    Made it work!

yahoo very nice mod thank you!!...
    how did you get it to work? what was the problem??

Mine still not working.
    Michelle Wardley
    Fine Artist & Musician

Plugin Contributions

since it's about a different api pm me your problems michelle i'll take a look at it there so that we don't fill this thread with too much non related stuff

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

I usually add my products into a temp category first which is status="not active" then link them to other categories (the product is still not active).

When the day comes when I activate them, I just move the products to it's actual category then activate them status=active.

I noticed that the products was twittered even when it was not activated and in a temp category that was also not active.

I sell downloadable items so rather than add them and go to the attributes one by one I just put them into one temp placeholder and get them ready before activating them.

Is there something I can do to prevent it twittering until the product is activated?

Plugin Contributions

Hmmm i think the best i could do is make it so that when you update the products status to active from the categories page you can go back to the update product page and simple click update to tweet the info.
    to do this edit the included update_product.php as follows:

delete everything from like 128 to line 149 so that you're deleting // bof Auto Tweet. and // eof Auto-Tweet and everything in between (all of the autotweet code). now skip down about 3 lines or so to where you see:

PHP Code:
     } elseif ($action == 'update_product') {

zen_db_perform(TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION$sql_data_array'update'"products_id = '" . (int)$products_id "' and language_id = '" . (int)$language_id "'");
          } 
    and replace just those 3 lines with:

PHP Code:
     } elseif ($action == 'update_product') {

zen_db_perform(TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION$sql_data_array'update'"products_id = '" . (int)$products_id "' and language_id = '" . (int)$language_id "'");

// bof Auto Tweet.
    if($_POST['products_status'] = "1"){
    include 
    'twitter/twitter.php';
    require_once 
    'twitter/bitly.php';

// CHANGE: path to your store (i.e. http://example.com/store
    $myStoreUrl 'http://www.example.com';
    // CHANGE: Your stores Twitter username and password
    $twitter = new Twitter("TwitterUsername","TwitterPassword");
    // CHANGE: Your bit.ly Username and API Key
    // API Key should be a long number starting with "R_"
    // available free @ http://bit.ly/account/your_api_key
    $bitly = new Bitly('myBITLYusername''R_321321321321321');

// ##### No need to change below this line #####
    // URL for bitly.php to shorten
    $shirturl $myStoreUrl '/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=' $current_category_id '&products_id=' $products_id ;
    // send tweet.
    $shirtname $sql_data_array['products_name'];
    $mytweet ='New Product Available: "' $shirtname '" Check it out at ' $bitly->shorten($shirturl);
    $twitter->updateStatus($mytweet);
    }
    // eof Auto-Tweet

using your stores/twitter/bit.ly info of course. This new code is just checking the products status and if the status is = to 1 it performs the tweet. So this code will only be executed from the product's update page if the product is active.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you so much for your quick reply!

I have installed the changes. Will have to wait until I have some new stuff to upload before being able to test it. So far my store has not disappeared so that means I installed the changes correctly

I do have one question though and I'm a bit confused. If I move the product from a temp Not active category into an active category and update it from there then it will send off the twitter.

If I create a new category Not active and add all my products there then ACTIVATE the category and thereby activating all the products on it, will it still send a twitter?

Plugin Contributions

for your first question; if you move the product from your temp category to an active category, the product is not automatically turned on. (you have to click the red button to turn it green again) So as long as the product itself is set to 'not active' you can do all the updating you want and it wont tell twitter until it is active (green button in the category)

2nd question: once you activate the new category and the products within twitter will not be notified (as with both scenarios) until you actually click on a specific product and update it.

Plugin Contributions

Ok I got it.

How come activating a new category and thereby making all the products within it green or activated will not trigger the tweet? Is it a different system working on automatic activate as opposed to those I move and manually turn green?

I have tested and moved one of the product on the temp category to the active category and turned it green. There was no tweet.
    (It was tweeted before under the temp category when it was not active)

Reverting back to the original php file.

I think the module works so great! I'm a big fan of this indeed as it saves me a lot of time in tweeting it individually. I know I'm asking the sun and moon especially for free module but it would be great if it can only tweet when the product turns green whether or not it was manually turned green or automatically turned green by activating a new category.

Plugin Contributions

yeah its not the best method; Once the product is in an active category and is active itself, you have to go in and update the product (as if you were changing the price or description or image). You don't actually have to go and change anything just click 'update' and then 'insert' on the following page as if you were.

This is a work around because the file where autotweet is located (update_product.php) does exactly that, it either adds a new product or updates an existing product. a differenct file controls whether or not the product is active and unfortunately it is a file I'm unfamilar with.

Plugin Contributions

Hmm...well thanks for trying! I think I'll just use the original php file. It will still tweet the stuff on my temp category and people will click on it to get to my site however it will say product not found.

At this point, I'm grateful it got them to my site!! hopefully if they are interested, they will actually do a search and look for the product!

Anyway, in your future updates or revisions, you may want to look into this.

Thanks again! this is really the best module I've installed on my site so far!!! Keep at it!!

Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast