Plugin Contributions

Default TinyMCE images directory limit

I have a client with 23 megs of images in his images directory. I installed TinyMCE and when he tries to upload images, nothing happens (no error, no file). I noticed that there is a note that says

23 megs of images (20 MB Max.)

When I temporarily remove some of his images to below 20 megs, it works. Since he wants all of those images, where is the setting to raise that from 20 to 30 or such? I checked in the config > Images and config>max values but saw nothing there. Any ideas what file that might be found in?

Thanks,

Jim

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: TinyMCE images directory limit

Zen Cart doesn't control the number or size of images allowed in folders. That's done by your hosting company's server configuration. Contact them if you feel you must increase the limit.

It would be much smarter if you were to sort your images into subfolders instead of leaving them all in one humongous folder. It would also speed up your site performance tremendously.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

DrByte,
    Thanks for the reply. I checked with my server gurus and they said the restriction isn't on the server's end. It seems to be something in the TinyMCE. You say it is on the server. I'm in a never-ending loop now.

If it is on the server, where would it be? If it is in TinyMCE, where would it be? The fact that I can upload lots of files through any other means but TinyMCE, would lead me to think that is where the restriction is.

You suggest that they put files in subfolders. TinyMCE won't allow that either. I believe it takes the total size of /images plus its subfolders as that 20 meg limit.

Any other suggestions on where to look?

Thanks,

Jim

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

If it's not a problem with your server then, as your hosting guys said, it's probably a TinyMCE problem.
    I'm sure TinyMCE has their own website to handle questions specific to their software. Perhaps you can find an answer there.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Just to close the loop on this, I finally was able to locate the configuration file. It is in the ImageManager plug-in at:

/editors/tiny_mce/plugins/ImageManager/config.inc.php

I changed this line:
    $IMConfig['dir_max_size'] = 20971520; // 20MB

to this value:
    $IMConfig['dir_max_size'] = 41943040; // 40MB

and that took care of it.

Jim