Page 38 of 51 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Back In Stock Notifications

Hello jbrit,
    I just checked it and its set to "true". I suppose it is possible that something was changed after some other mod was installed. There have been quite a few!
    Does it have to be set to "false" for this mod?
    What would be the functional difference between the 2 settings, in regards to this mod?
    Cheers.

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by piker View Post
    Does it have to be set to "false" for this mod?
    It's nothing to do with the module.

It should be set to "false" simply because you have said you don't want people to be able to checkout with items that are out of stock. Installing the module doesn't affect any other Zen Cart settings like this one, you still have to configure the store to have it work the way you want!

What would be the functional difference between the 2 settings, in regards to this mod?
    In regards to the module, none. In regards to your store, everything! ("It does what it says on the tin" :) ).

Glad to hear of yet another person who likes the software!

All the best..

Conor
    ceon

Plugin Contributions

Thanks Conor and jbrit,
    I reckon Allow Checkout was probably always left at "true" since I installed this mod. The only reason this particular order caused problems for me was because he had been putting the order together over 4 or 5 days and I changed one of the items' availability in the middle of it.
    Am I right in thinking that now that i've set it to "false" a php check will be made on the order,prior to checkout,and the customer (given these same circumstances) will be notified that the chosen item is now out of stock?
    Yes, I do like the software Conor as a matter of fact my particular kind of business couldn't operate without it. A must have for shops that operate ON and OFF line and that have stock coming in and going out all the time.Cheers.

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

I reckon Allow Checkout was probably always left at "true" since I installed this mod.
    I think you meant "since I installed Zen Cart".

The only reason this particular order caused problems for me was because he had been putting the order together over 4 or 5 days and I changed one of the items' availability in the middle of it.
    Yup, that would make sense.

Am I right in thinking that now that i've set it to "false" a php check will be made on the order,prior to checkout,and the customer (given these same circumstances) will be notified that the chosen item is now out of stock?
    As I said before.. "it does exactly what it says on the tin".. the customer can't check out with an item that's out of stock if you set the option "customer can check out with an item that's out of stock" to "false". :-)

Yes, I do like the software Conor as a matter of fact my particular kind of business couldn't operate without it. A must have for shops that operate ON and OFF line and that have stock coming in and going out all the time.Cheers.
    I'm glad to hear it's so useful to you, makes all the work writing and supporting it that bit more worthwhile!

All the best..

Conor
    ceon

Plugin Contributions

Hello Conor,

I really want the product model (or even with manufacturer) to be also included (just shown behind the $product_name) in the back-in-stock-notification subscription email. Because I hope to get a better idea of what is exactly wanted by the customer just from reading the notification email.

Is there a way to achieve that? Could you please show me which file(s) should I edit and what kind of codes should I add?

Thank you very much in advance.

Best Regards,
    Ashely

Plugin Contributions

Hi Ashley,

Quote Originally Posted by Ashely View Post
    Is there a way to achieve that? Could you please show me which file(s) should I edit and what kind of codes should I add?
    You can easily add that functionality by modifying the file includes/modules/pages/back_in_stock_notification_subscribe/header_php.php

You can add a SQL lookup to populate a variable with the model and then add it to the e-mail as part of the product name, or edit the e-mail templates to add a "placement variable" to have it as a separate part of the e-mails.

Hope that helps!

All the best..

Conor
    ceon

Plugin Contributions

Hello Conor,

Thank you very much for the quick reply.

I tried to edit the header_php.php file. But the product model was still not properly shown. The code I added to that file is as follows:

PHP Code:
    $product_model_query "
        SELECT
            products_model
        FROM
            "
    TABLE_PRODUCTS "
        WHERE
            products_id = '" 
    . (int) $_GET['products_id'] . "';";
    $product_model_result $db->Execute($product_model_query);
    $product_model $product_model_result->fields['products_model']; 
    There must be some mistakes there. Could you please help me with that? Sorry, I know little about programming.

Thank you very much.

Best Regards,
    Ashely

Plugin Contributions

Hi Ashely,

Thank you very much for the quick reply.
    No problem. Glad you find the software useful!

I tried to edit the header_php.php file. There must be some mistakes there. Could you please help me with that? Sorry, I know little about programming.
    You're most of the way there. Now you just need to use the $products_model variable.

Right after $form_errors = array(); put in the line:

PHP Code:
    $products_name .= ' ' $products_model
    This will add a space then the model to the name. (Which is the most basic way to get this information included in the e-mail.. personally I'd myself prefer to have it listed in the e-mail separately, but that's just the way I do things and this "quick fix" is what you were looking for I think!).

Hope that helps!

All the best...

Conor
    ceon

Plugin Contributions

Thank you for the answer, Conor. Much appreciated!

Great! Now it works perfect! Product model clearly shows up. I just love this module even more. :-D

Thanks again,
    Ashely

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

I uploaded all the files and the sql to the server. When I select "Back In Stock Notification" in the admin, it show "Not Found". I double checked the file location. It's correct.

Any idea why?

Page 38 of 51 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast