Plugin Contributions

Default payflow pro - how can I stop display of card number?

[FONT=Calibri]I running zencart 1.3.8a (will be upgrading soon)[/FONT]
    [FONT=Calibri]We have had a few customer complain that there CC number shows up on step 3 of 3 of the order conformation [/FONT]
    [FONT=Calibri]Is there any way to turn that off?[/FONT]

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: how to remove credit card number from showing in order process

On the confirmation page, there should only be a partial number showing - Are your customers saying the whole number is shown? What Payment gateway are you using?
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Kim View Post
    On the confirmation page, there should only be a partial number showing - Are your customers saying the whole number is shown? What Payment gateway are you using?
    its a partial number, but I guess some customer do not like that, and view it a a security risk

we are useing PayPal Pro

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

The partial numbers (4 starting digits and 4 trailing digits) are acceptable according to official credit card industry regulations, and do not pose any quantifiable security risk.
    However, if you are running your site *without* SSL (ie: using https:// URL) then you have a completely different and very real security problem.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    The partial numbers (4 starting digits and 4 trailing digits) are acceptable according to official credit card industry regulations, and do not pose any quantifiable security risk.
    However, if you are running your site *without* SSL (ie: using https:// URL) then you have a completely different and very real security problem.

we have SSL, just would like to remove the partial numbers to make our customer (who do not know the official credit card industry regulations) feel more comfortable

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Is this just one one-time customer complaining or is this hundreds of repeat customers complaining?

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Is this just one one-time customer complaining or is this hundreds of repeat customers complaining?
    maybe a half dozen... so far
    I take it this is something that I can't turn off?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Sure, feel free to hack the following out of the code ... just remove these lines, around line 375:
    Code:
                                                array('title' => MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYFLOW_TEXT_CREDIT_CARD_NUMBER,
                                                      'field' => substr($_POST['paypalwpp_cc_number'], 0, 4) . str_repeat('X', (strlen($_POST['paypalwpp_cc_number']) - 8)) . substr($_POST['paypalwpp_cc_number'], -4)),
    I fundamentally believe it's wrong to do that, because the whole reason for partial card number to be shown on the confirmation screen is simply to remind the customer which card you're about to charge as per their request. I think their concerns are unfounded paranoia. But if that's the kind of clientele you attract, then of course you'll want to avoid their fears in order to capture the sales.

Plugin Contributions

Sure, feel free to hack the following out of the code ... just remove these lines, around line 375:
    Code:
                                                array('title' => MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYFLOW_TEXT_CREDIT_CARD_NUMBER,
                                                      'field' => substr($_POST['paypalwpp_cc_number'], 0, 4) . str_repeat('X', (strlen($_POST['paypalwpp_cc_number']) - 8)) . substr($_POST['paypalwpp_cc_number'], -4)),
    I fundamentally believe it's wrong to do that, because the whole reason for partial card number to be shown on the confirmation screen is simply to remind the customer which card you're about to charge as per their request. I think their concerns are unfounded paranoia. But if that's the kind of clientele you attract, then of course you'll want to avoid their fears in order to capture the sales.
    I guess I agree with you,
    thanks for the input, and the option to disable it
    now I just have to decide what to do

Plugin Contributions

Or you might want to do as some stores do and show only the last four numbers. This will still let the customer know which card is being used.
    PHP Code:
                                                array('title' => MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYFLOW_TEXT_CREDIT_CARD_NUMBER,

'field' => str_repeat('X', (strlen($_POST['paypalwpp_cc_number']) - 4)) . substr($_POST['paypalwpp_cc_number'], -4)), 
    You might change the Xs to something like "card ending with ".