Results 1,591 to 1,600 of 2907
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Ceon URI Mapping (SEO)

then 2.0b haha

Plugin Contributions

Hey Conor,

Trust this finds you well.

Do you have an ETA on a upgraded version for 1.3.9d, or are you waiting for 1.3.9e to see if you need to change again ?

(Just waiting to put a new site live, and would rather do it (upgrade the ceon files) before I put it live.)

Cheers,
    Mike

Plugin Contributions

Hi Mike,

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Dean View Post
    Do you have an ETA on a upgraded version for 1.3.9d, or are you waiting for 1.3.9e to see if you need to change again ?
    I've a new version sitting here but am waiting to hear back from someone about how they want credited in the software before I can release it as I've included some code updates they suggested.

Once I've got their permission/preference I'll be able to commit the new version 3.6.3 to the repository and then create the zip.

All the best..

Conor
    ceon

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by conor View Post
    Hi Mike,

I've a new version sitting here but am waiting to hear back from someone about how they want credited in the software before I can release it as I've included some code updates they suggested.

Once I've got their permission/preference I'll be able to commit the new version 3.6.3 to the repository and then create the zip.

All the best..

Conor
    ceon

Ahhh I see..!

Does this include the suggested changes that were discussed in "that" thread about the indexing and speed issues ?

Cheers,
    Mike

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Dean View Post
    Does this include the suggested changes that were discussed in "that" thread about the indexing and speed issues ?
    The lack of an index is part of the speed issue! :)

Yes, I've tested Christian's suggestions (thanks again Christian) and they are included in 3.6.3.

I've decided to completely restructure the database into multiple tables for 4.0.0 though so this is a temporary measure to increase the speed for large sites.. 4.0.0 should hopefully see even greater efficiencies/speed increases! :)

I'll be posting a request for comments on my proposed changes for 4.0.0 soon as a new thread.. I hope all here will add their thoughts once I've done so! :)

As always both 3.6.3 and 4.0.0 will feature auto-upgrade functionality so upgrading will be simple!

All the best..

Conor
    ceon

Plugin Contributions

I got my web hosts to install the module as I know nothing about the backend of zencart, the module appears in the Zencart Admin in Configuration and Modules sections but the mapping fields sections are not there when I go to edit a product or category? My edit or add new category/product pages are the same as before the mod. I hope you can help. Many thanks.

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by StueyJH View Post
    I got my web hosts to install the module as I know nothing about the backend of zencart, the module appears in the Zencart Admin in Configuration and Modules sections but the mapping fields sections are not there when I go to edit a product or category? My edit or add new category/product pages are the same as before the mod. I hope you can help. Many thanks.
    I'm afraid your hosts haven't installed the software properly then. It sounds like they've only uploaded the contents of the "files" folder and then haven't made the changes to the categories/products admin pages using the sample files in the "modified_core_files" folder.

Please ask then to complete the installation or to carry it out all over again!

All the best..

Conor
    ceon

Plugin Contributions

Default Ceon URI Mapping Version 3.6.3 Released!

Hi,

It gives me great pleasure to release what is hopefully the last of the 3.x branch of Ceon URI Mapping!

Discussions are beginning for a significant change to the database structure for 4.0.0. Please contribute your thoughts here.

This is an essential upgrade for any large stores with lots of mappings as it brings some nice speed optimisations suggested by Christian Pinder.

All other stores should upgrade also as free support from Ceon will only be available for version 3.6.3 from now on.. Upgrading should only take a few minutes.

Version 3.6.3 also has improved auto-generation formatting of names with "special" characters in them.

From the Revision History:

[UPDATED] URI mapping lookup query updated to use a LIKE operator before the REGEXP operator. Limits the number of records that have to be examined by the REGEXP, resulting in vastly superior performance when the URI mappings table is large (especially if it is too large to be cached in memory by the SQL server software). Code update by Christian Pinder.

[INTERMED] Index added to the database table, for categories/products/EZ-pages, to speed up URI mapping. Gives a noticeable improvement with very large sites with tens of thousands of products. Thanks for suggestion for index format goes to Christian Pinder. Database structure shall be changing entirely in 4.0.0 for further optimisations (As always all changes are managed by the auto-upgrade functionality of the software).

[UPDATED] When URIs are being auto-generated, any forward slashes, pipe characters, plus symbols, colons, semicolons, brackets, square brackets or angle brackets in the name of a category/product/manufacturer/EZ-page will now be converted to a space, then replaced by the whitespace replacement character. This means that names with those characters in them will no longer have the words joined together.

[ADDED] Sample modified core files for Zen Cart 1.3.9d added to the distribution.

The distribution can be downloaded immediately here.

It has also been submitted to the Zen Carts downloads area and should be available there shortly.

Enjoy!

And please don't forget to make your voice heard on the Ceon URI Mapping Version 4.0.0 thread.

All the best..

Conor
    ceon

Plugin Contributions

improved auto-generation formatting , it will autogenerate the urls?

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by rxalex View Post
    improved auto-generation formatting , it will autogenerate the urls?
    No, it simply results in better URIs with names like "CD/DVD" becoming "cd-dvd" instead of "cddvd".

All the best..

Conor
    ceon