Page 34 of 42 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: QuickBooks Merchant Service

Most everyone is having success with this module - as far as I can tell. It it being used in production at numerous high volume sites. That particular result you are seeing is part of "duplicate transaction" handling. QBMS will not make the second charge if it has already run a charge for the exact same amount in a short period of time (to prevent double clicks from inadvertently creating a second submission).

To diagnose your particular issue - you need to give more data. Are you production (not testing)? Are these in fact same charges being submitted quickly to test? Or is this happening for any amount and every time?

That message/result occurs when, upon submission of a cc transaction, a search of existing orders in Zen show that another order has the SAME TransactionID for the charge. That is what tells the module that QBMS already processed that charge - and has returned the same transaction ID and will not process again.

Plugin Contributions

Hello,
    I have installed this module on a zencart 1.3.8 version site and although the test purchases were denied I made a test 1 cent product and was able to make the purchase with a real credit card. However, the transaction does not appear in my client's quickbooks application, only in the web interface (at https://merchantcenter.intuit.com/qbms).

When I spoke with someone at Intuit they told me I needed to use the web connector tool to properly sync zen cart with quickbooks. Is that a missing component of this plugin or am I doing something wrong?
    Thanks,
    Robert

Plugin Contributions

Ok, I have a question. This issue has been giving me a hard time. I am seeing the transactions in my zen cart admin once someone makes a payment but no payment is taken from the client's card and no payment is deposited into my account. I don't even see the transactions posted in my merchant services center.

I installed the qbms module to receive payments through Intuit Merchant Services. I setup my application and received my connection ticket. I am using the Desktop model.

I checked with Intuit and they see the connection between my application and their system. The person who makes the purchase also gets a confirmation that their transaction was successful.

Any ideas on what I should do to resolve this issue?

I really need to get this working right away.

Thanks.

Plugin Contributions

I just installed this mod in 2 stores. Neither store shows it in the payment modules list.

I have verified that all the files uploaded in the proper locations, and have even tried changing the file attributes.

Beyond this I am lost. Any help or suggestions appreciated.

Zencart v1.38a
    Mod v1.9a

thank you,

betty

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by M B Walker View Post
    Strange to hear that this wouldn't be a common request, especially given all the advantages of "Authorize" over "Sale." If you process credit cards as "Authorize" transactions, you have the ability to use QBMS to change the amount of the transaction (to reflect changes in shipping charges, etc.), to accept orders for later shipment, to add in additional items in the time between order and shipment (in case the customer contacts you to make changes), etc. It's far more flexible that a "Sale" transaction.

In addition, it's very easy to Capture Authorizations via QBMS, just a matter of a few clicks from Quickbooks.

I'll PM you to explore further, but would like to hear from anyone else reading this who has any suggestions or thoughts on this topic.
    Hi cptok,
    I found this post from last year and also need to be able to capture at a later date than I authorize. I am also planning on adding a field to the order page in admin that will make capture automatic upon entry of a tracking number. Could you let me know what you told Walker to change the xml so that it authorizes rather than captures?

Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

I hate to post the same request twice, however there have been no responses to my first request.

I have gone over and over the installation of the mod and it is correct yet it will not show up in the payment modules in Admin. I have tried it in two different stores with the same result.
    It is hard to screw up the upload of two files. So what could the problem be?

I have read and re-read this thread and all I could find was one other person that had the same problem and the only suggestion they received was to check if the files were uploaded properly.

Any suggestions, help or answers would be greatly appreciated.

thank you,

betty

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by bettysue View Post
    I hate to post the same request twice, however there have been no responses to my first request.

I have gone over and over the installation of the mod and it is correct yet it will not show up in the payment modules in Admin. I have tried it in two different stores with the same result.
    It is hard to screw up the upload of two files. So what could the problem be?

I have read and re-read this thread and all I could find was one other person that had the same problem and the only suggestion they received was to check if the files were uploaded properly.

Any suggestions, help or answers would be greatly appreciated.

thank you,

betty
    Hi Betty -

Sorry for you not hearing back from anyone. This thread went very quiet for a while (a good thing!), and I only recently jumped back in to make sure there weren't 1.3.9 issues (I didn't have any).

Re. your question. IF the files are installed, and the "qbms.php" file is in the directory along with other payment modules, then it should show up as a payment module in the admin section. Short of that answer.... I'm not sure I can help... Maybe make sure you clear your browser cache? Make sure the permissions on the qbms.php file is exactly the same as other payment module files in the directory?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by canzy View Post
    Hi cptok,
    I found this post from last year and also need to be able to capture at a later date than I authorize. I am also planning on adding a field to the order page in admin that will make capture automatic upon entry of a tracking number. Could you let me know what you told Walker to change the xml so that it authorizes rather than captures?

Thanks!
    Canzy - I did not give specific code changes at that time. "Authorize/Capture" model - although it can make a lot of sense, turns out to be not so easy to implement securely and safely. There would be significant changes to the module to accommodate it - and as I recall, others preferred not to start changing a stable, tested and working module.

Having said that - it is not inconceivable to create a separate authorize/capture module. Tying that, within Zen, to automatically go out a capture when you put a tracking number in from the order page would not be easy - as it would not fall within the typical payment processing functions of Zen. Way too much customization of core Zen files to accomplish that - and I have avoided any of that in the past. It would however not be difficult to make all transactions "authorize" only, then rely on the QBMS web interface to capture upon shipment.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lifecoachvaness View Post
    Ok, I have a question. This issue has been giving me a hard time. I am seeing the transactions in my zen cart admin once someone makes a payment but no payment is taken from the client's card and no payment is deposited into my account. I don't even see the transactions posted in my merchant services center.

I installed the qbms module to receive payments through Intuit Merchant Services. I setup my application and received my connection ticket. I am using the Desktop model.

I checked with Intuit and they see the connection between my application and their system. The person who makes the purchase also gets a confirmation that their transaction was successful.

Any ideas on what I should do to resolve this issue?

I really need to get this working right away.

Thanks.
    If this is still an issue - post more detail (version, error msg if any, info from admin order page etc.). Then can troubleshoot from there.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by cptok View Post
    Hi Betty -

Sorry for you not hearing back from anyone. This thread went very quiet for a while (a good thing!), and I only recently jumped back in to make sure there weren't 1.3.9 issues (I didn't have any).

Re. your question. IF the files are installed, and the "qbms.php" file is in the directory along with other payment modules, then it should show up as a payment module in the admin section. Short of that answer.... I'm not sure I can help... Maybe make sure you clear your browser cache? Make sure the permissions on the qbms.php file is exactly the same as other payment module files in the directory?
    Just to verify that everything is where it should be:

In /includes/languages/english/modules/payment/ there is a qbms.php file with attributes of 755 which is the same as the other file in the directory.

In /includes/modules/payment/ there is a qbms.php file with attributes of 755 which is the same as the other files in the directory.

My server/version info is:

Server Host: xxxxx for security reasons
    Database Host: localhost (127.0.0.1)
    Server OS: Linux 2.6.9-023stab046.2-enterprise
    Database: MySQL 5.0.91-community
    Server Date: 07/05/2010 16:21:00
    Database Date: 07/05/2010 16:21:00
    Server Up Time: 16:21:00 up 69 days, 7:47, 0 users, load average: 0.10, 0.08, 0.03
    HTTP Server: Apache
    PHP Version: 5.2.13 (Zend: 2.2.0)
    PHP Memory Limit: 16M
    PHP Safe Mode: Off
    PHP File Uploads: On
    Max Size: 2M POST
    Max Size: 8M
    Database Data Size: 798 kB
    Database Index Size: 403 kB

Zen Cart 1.3.8a
    Database Patch Level: 1.3.8
    v1.3.8 [2008-06-17 14:14:39] (Fresh Installation)

I don't know if anything is off in my server info or not. If so, please let me know what needs to be changed to make the mod work. If nothing is off, I am at a loss. I have even tried changing the attributes to 777 and that didin't do anything so I changed them back to 755.

Thank you for any advice or suggestions,

betty

Page 34 of 42 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast