Page 113 of 226 FirstFirst ... 1363103111112113114115123163213 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,130 of 2252
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: ozpost shipping module

Hey Rod,

I notice if the function of splitting package is turned on, the quote will become whole dollar, ie cents being chopped off.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by zekin View Post
    Hey Rod,

I notice if the function of splitting package is turned on, the quote will become whole dollar, ie cents being chopped off.
    Well spotted. It's a bug.

Not difficult to fix:

/includes/modules/shipping/ozpost.php (v2.0.9)

Line 469 curtrently reads:

Code:
      if ( MODULE_SHIPPING_OZPOST_CORE_WEIGHT == "Yes") { $quote->cost = $quote->cost * $shipping_num_boxes ; }
    It needs to read:

Code:
      if ( MODULE_SHIPPING_OZPOST_CORE_WEIGHT == "Yes") { $quote->cost = (float)$quote->cost * $shipping_num_boxes ; }
    This fix will be included with the next update (none currently planned)

Cheers
    Rod

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by gmturner View Post
    ahh right well it worked by taking it out, not sure if its causing any other side effects. Will add in the extra ones later.

Yeh im not sure why mine is quoting whole dollars and constantly rounding down. Pretty sure it didnt used to, will have to have a look later.
    See post #1123 in this thread. I'll bet this is the problem.

Cheers
    Rod

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by RodG View Post
    See post #1123 in this thread. I'll bet this is the problem.

Cheers
    Rod
    Yep fixed, thanks.

Plugin Contributions

I understand that when it only have postcode to work with it uses a guess, being the first postcode auspost suggests for that postcode. But when the customer specifically enters and different suburb why doesnt it use that?

example:

customer from Singleton NSW 2330, even when logged in with suburb entered, it estimates for Appletree Flat 2330.

The parcel is too big for Auspost so it suggests nothing for it, which is good.

But for Fastway it should suggest a orange ticket for Singleton, instead it goes off appletree flat which is a grey ticket and therefore disables it and shows no postage. Luckily the customer emailed us, otherwise may have lost the sale.

Plugin Contributions

But when the customer specifically enters and different suburb why doesnt it use that?
    It would be easier to ask 'when will this functionality be added'?, because the answer would be 'The next release following the first reported incident of it being an actual problem'

OK, now the long answer:
    One of the aims of any code I develop is to keep it is simple and as foolproof as possible, so, with this in mind, the first renditions of ozpost only supported Australia Post rates, and since AP base their prices entirely on their postcodes it made no sense for the ozpost module to gather the suburb information. In fact, the modified ozpost template file was created specifically to remove the then superflious dropdown menu(s)

Of the other Couriers, the first of which was added earlier this year, some need postcode only, some need suburb only, and the remaining requires both a suburb and a postcode. Anyway, it has only been 'recently' that the 'need' for suburb names has emerged, and you are the first to report it as being an 'actual' problem rather then a theoretical problem.

This is/was important for me to know, because the act of re-introducing what are essentially 'user inputted' suburb names raises what could be bigger concerns due to suburb names not matching the 'official' names because of mis-spelling, upper/lower case differences, abbreviations ("McKoy" vs "McKoy" vs "Macoy", etc)

This also requires more input validation, and decisions on how to behave on non fatal errors, eg, user inputs postcode "1234" and Suburb "St Ives", and the 'official' suburb name is "Saint Ives", but the first official name for the postcode '1234' is 'Devils advocate' - Should the module return an error (invalid suburb) or the quote to Devils advocate? Does this need to be a user selectable option? (so much for KISS)

Anyway, as I said, that's the long answer. The short answer is probably more to your liking. :-)

Cheers
    Rod

Plugin Contributions

customer from Singleton NSW 2330, even when logged in with suburb entered, it estimates for Appletree Flat 2330.
    If it looks as though this is going to be a regular occurance (ie, a regular customer that's gunna be peeved at having to contact you for quotes every time), I'd be happy to set the server so that it returns Singleton as the default suburb for 2330 rather than Appletree Flat.

Of course, this will have repurcussions for anyone @Appletree Flat but for all I know "Appletree Flat" could be nothing more than a stump in the road :-)

Cheers
    Rod

Plugin Contributions

I'm sure this has probably come up quite a bit, but after so many pages looking for it in this thread I gave up, so if anyone else knows the exact page, feel free to redirect me :)

My questions is related to the flat rate feature the Ozpost addon has, This addon works out better for me because it includes insurance, and most other addons I've tried for shipping insurance don't seem to work for me.

Basically quite often I get the "Flat Rate" appear as the shipping method, is this an issue with my servers ability to use cURL? or something I've missed? This is the only reason I continue to use the other Auspost addon.

Thanks for any light on this subject.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by orien View Post
    I'm sure this has probably come up quite a bit,
    Actually, you are wrong. It rarely ever comes up.

Quote Originally Posted by orien View Post
    Basically quite often I get the "Flat Rate" appear as the shipping method, is this an issue with my servers ability to use cURL? or something I've missed?
    How often is 'quite often'? (once a year? once a week? Every quote? one quote in 50 ?

Have you found anyway to constantly replicate the problem?
    Have you found anyway to constantly avoid the problem?

Could you possibly supply a URL where I can see for myself and perform a few tests?

What version of ozpost are you using? (2.0.9 is the latest)
    What version zencart?

Thanks
    Rod

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by RodG View Post
    Actually, you are wrong. It rarely ever comes up.

How often is 'quite often'? (once a year? once a week? Every quote? one quote in 50 ?

Have you found anyway to constantly replicate the problem?
    Have you found anyway to constantly avoid the problem?

Could you possibly supply a URL where I can see for myself and perform a few tests?

What version of ozpost are you using? (2.0.9 is the latest)
    What version zencart?

Thanks
    Rod
    That's good that it's a rare issue, That leads me to believe it could possibly be server related, as 'flat rate' is designed to only come up when there are issues with client/server communication right?

The issue comes up about every maybe 4th-5th refresh/check out.

I have not been able to recreate the issue as of yet other than refreshing and having it appear randomly, no real timing to it. I came here first to see if it was a common problem or rare so I had something to go by.

I'm using The latest version of ozpost and version 1.3.9 of Zen Cart.

I currently do not have a URL to have it tested as I have uninstalled it for testing other shipping modules, I just wanted a basic idea if it was a problem only I was experiencing or others were having issues with as well. I'm so far leading to believe it's quite possibily a cURL issue with my web host.

I'm looking into alternative methods for Australia shipping and insurance however considering it's a rare issue I've been having with Ozpost, I may look into it a bit more. Thanks for the helpful info Rod.

~Orien