Plugin Contributions

Default Shopping Cart is Empty

A client has a ZC install that has been working fine ...until today. All of a sudden, we cannot add products the cart. Attempting to do so simply results in "Your Shopping Cart is Empty".

I've searched the forums and found many past posts with this sort of issue ...but i can't seem to work out a solution that fits this one.

SSL seems to work okay - in that I can access the admin, as well as log in via front end as my demo client. When logging in as a client, items I've previously added to the cart do reappear ...but i cannot add new ones.
    Attempting to checkout seems to proceed okay as items already in the cart are carried forward during the checkout process so the issue seems tied to the "Add to Cart" aspect only?!?

w w w . k k o r c h i d . c o m

----------------

Hosted on Windows Server

Cookie Domain True
    Force Cookie Use False
    Check SSL Session ID False
    Check User Agent False
    Check IP Address False
    Prevent Spider Sessions True
    Recreate Session True
    IP to Host Conversion Status true

Following some post threads, I briefly tried setting 'Force Cookie Use' to True, as well 'Cookie Domain' to False, neither seemed to have any affect.

-------------------

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Shopping Cart is Empty

Use FTP and view modified date of files looking for a recently modified file date....
    If had been operating and now not, something has changed
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Thanks. I'll do that ....but I did a cursory glance of things before posting and did not see any new file date stamps. ..unless i missed a directory - i'll check again.

Also, i already checked the admin history and no one shows as having accessed there other than the owner and I.

Plugin Contributions

Well, I still see no files with a date newer than 2 months ago - especially taking note of all dirs and subdirs within "Includes" "Modules", "Templates, etc, etc, etc.

Is there anything else within the DB that might affect the Sessions or other Add-to-cart processes?

Plugin Contributions

As a test, I installed a new, default, zen cart into a subdirectory of the same domain, I did nothing to it but to add one "Test Product" to the default install ...and find that it behaves with the same "can't add to cart" issue we're seeing for the cart at the main domain address.

I can only surmise that this MUST be a hosting/ server-side issue, somehow related to this domain account, as the new default installation (new files and new database) is mis-performing in the exact same way.

I'm now assuming it has something to do with php sessions and the server ....but any ideas as to why server-side session issues would affect the "Add to Cart" function but not the logging in to the Admin of either cart???

Plugin Contributions

I'm getting sort of the same problem, it's like PHP is "forgetting" what data we gave it.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Shopping Cart is Empty (solved)

Okay, after a ton of sleuthing, both on my side, as well as my host's side, it turned out that the server's php.ini file had received an unintentional edit. File comparisons between it and a backup version showed a wayward character had crept in, at a spot not intending to be edited, at some point probably during an edit. Whether text editor error, or human, who knows ...anyway, all is back.

The seemingly ever-so-weird aspect of all this, and which complicated finding the culprit, was that the session aspect that was affected appeared to be only the shopping cart's "add-to-cart" functionality. Session behaviour for logging in front end users, as well as on the admin side, both seemed to be unaffected.

Anyway, thanks for those who assisted and offered suggestions.