Plugin Contributions

Default Customers having difficulty finding credit card payment choice

I am currently using Zen Cart version 1.39d. When a customer checks out using PayPal Payment Standard, they are directed to the PayPal website. The landing page has a place for the customer to login to Paypal plus a link to open the credit card part of PayPal. many customer do not see the link because it is rather small. How do I get the credit card area to open up when the customer is directed to that page?

I have have several customer complain about how hard it is to find the link to open the credit card box.

Thanks for any advice you can offer.

Supplyman

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Customers having difficulty finding credit card payment choice

Your customers who don't have a PayPal account will be seeing a very different screen than what you normally see, because PayPal detects that they've not logged into PayPal from their computer, by placing a cookie in their browser.
    You can see what that screen looks like by clearing the cookies in your browser and making a test purchase from your store.

More info: https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/index.php?article=29

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I've tried this (deleting everything in 2 different browsers) and doesn't work; PP still asking for login or create account.

And I've checked the PP settings, they are all correct. Uninstalled and re-installed the WPS module, and even created a new account for my ZC sandbox.

Did any one accomplished this with success?
    IDEAS Girl
    IDEAS Creative Group
    = Your image... our business!
    My contributions: SophyBlue / Sophy Blue-Grey / Mistik / The Bookshelf / Dynamic Sideboxes

Plugin Contributions

Hi Supplyman,

I switched some of my customers from PayPal standard to PayPal's Website Payments Pro. 30 bucks a month. But it keeps people on Zen Carts checkout pages. And does all the work. I've found payments are completed way way more without being taken to PayPal's page.

For some reason people who don't have PayPal might be deterred from PayPal pages...

This is in my experience of course.. :)

I have about 12 clients on it, and none have requested to go back.

Hope that helps a bit.

Adam.
    - pensive612

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by ideasgirl View Post
    I've tried this (deleting everything in 2 different browsers) and doesn't work; PP still asking for login or create account.

And I've checked the PP settings, they are all correct. Uninstalled and re-installed the WPS module, and even created a new account for my ZC sandbox.

Did any one accomplished this with success?
    I've done it with great success on numerous sites in various countries.
    You need the latest version of Zen Cart, and you need Express Checkout, and you need your PayPal account configured properly.
    ref:
    https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/index.php?article=28
    http://www.zen-cart.com/getpaypal
    http://www.zen-cart.com/wiki/index.php/PayPal

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Sorry DrByte, I think I posted this in wrong thread. I did the process for Website Payment Standard, not Express Checkout.

I looked in other threads about website payment standard and i must just post on the wrong thread... but... I believe this should work with WPS, right?
    IDEAS Girl
    IDEAS Creative Group
    My contributions: SophyBlue / Sophy Blue-Grey / Mistik / The Bookshelf / Dynamic Sideboxes

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Actually, I'm telling you that you're far better off using EC, not WPS.

But, yes, if for some unknown reason you absolutely cannot live without WPS, WPS can allow checkout-without-account, as long as your PayPal account is configured for it.

Plugin Contributions

This is for a customer, so it's up to him; but I will give him your suggestion.

On the other hand the process didn't work for me, but maybe it's because I'm in Puerto Rico right now, and I'm not sure if it will work the pay without account. I will ask him to do the process and see what happens.
    IDEAS Girl
    IDEAS Creative Group