Page 56 of 60 FirstFirst ... 6465455565758 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Captcha using TTF & GD

Still trying to sort out my issue of the following code appearing at the top of the header at www.gokaraokemachine.com:

/* Begin Simple Google Analytics */ /* End Simple Google Analytics */
    I am starting to wonder if this is really correct HTML code? Are there not supposed to be double slashes for comments such as these? Is this a new type of HTML or a PHP convention? Asking these questions here gives me a direction to research next.

I simply copied the code into my html_header.php before the </head>. One thing I tried was a line of space before and after the inserted code. Of course, my site went blank.

Another potential avenue might be some sort of connection to the new axynchronous tracking type that this code is supposed to enable. Maybe there is some setting I need to make to cause this unwanted verbiage/code to disappear from my home page header. I need to go to the Google Analytics site and try to set this up more effectively.

I will post if I make any discoveries in these avenues of research.

Plugin Contributions

Sorry-I tried to delete the above post which was posted in the wrong thread. I guess it did not save the deletion. That issue is posted in the Simple Google Analytics thread. Hopefully this can be deleted from this thread.

Plugin Contributions

I upgraded from 1.3.9g to 1.3.9h, and my test site works as expected.

However, my real site now is blank for all the secure pages.

I tried to work with my ISP to get the shared SSL set up correctly. Now I do see the secure site in the address.

But now, instead of the "This web page is not available" message I had formerly, I now see the following on otherwise blank pages for login, contact us, and checkout pages:

CAPTCHA Error: GD-Library does not support JPG. The CAPTCHA cannot be used!
    My ISP does have GD enabled for JPEG and everything else, so this message is nonsensical. The GD settings are:

gd
    GD Support enabled
    GD Version 2.0
    FreeType Support enabled
    FreeType Linkage with freetype
    FreeType Version 2.3.11
    T1Lib Support enabled
    GIF Read Support enabled
    GIF Create Support enabled
    JPEG Support enabled
    libJPEG Version 6b
    PNG Support enabled
    libPNG Version 1.2.42
    WBMP Support enabled

CAPTCHA is working well on my test wamp server and also on my online test site at www.gokaraokemachine.com/wampcopytest.

I re-uploaded CAPTCHA with TIFF and GD version 2-9, ran www.gokaraokemachine.com/captcha_test.php and captcha_debug.php, but no change and no information was obtained.

I re-uploaded the files from version 1.3.9h. I think this does not affect any admin files, since admin is working properly after taking off the SSL which I hope to reinstall once the blank screen problem in the store is solved (Is that an erroneous assumption that admin files are not involved?), but I re-uploaded everything anyway, several times.

I went through all modules and find no conflicts with the 1.3.9h except that I did not have the skill to edit the zencart_zen file that was affected; so I tried that file as well as the unchanged 1.3.9h and ruled out any conflict there. Everything always works on my test servers.

I really do not know what else to try here. The error message is wrong because GD is installed with JpEG support. Maybe after days of trying to resurrect my cart, it's time to re-install. Any suggestions will be tried by me, unless I reinstall first.
    Last edited by notageek; 20 Nov 2010 at 01:16 AM.

Plugin Contributions

Someday, somewhere, someone is going to benefit from my ignorance and lack of method.

After much study and repeated uploading of files, I read there was a SQL patch in the module.

I had taken the approach that it worked before so surely it was installed and there was just an incomplete FTP upload somewhere.

The SQL patch completely turned on all of the insecure pages of my site. So that, in combination with getting my SSL in sync with my configure.php files, brings me back to an operational site after the upgrade from 1.3.9g to 1.3.9h, I believe.

Apparently a message that GD and JPEG are not available may indicate that a SQL installation on the particular website database is needed.

How obvious is that for a remedy?

Plugin Contributions

Hi, Just a quick question if anyone can help. I have installed this captcha without any issues. However, does anyone know if you can do a jscript form check for the captcha if someone does not enter it correctly or does not enter at all when they create account? Would like to wish everyone a happy new year aswell.

Plugin Contributions

Hi, Also is there any way to have a captcha for the report cheaper price add on. I tried to DIY it and I can get the captcha image on the report cheaper price page but you can leave it blank and still submit the form so it is not able to check correctly.

Plugin Contributions

anyone have a fix for validation errors due to the code &rand=
    Code:
    enid=30681cbdc1ad03737a2602f686fb150b&rand=0.411519001294443511" alt="Enable t…
    1) general entity "rand" not defined and no default entity
    2) reference to entity "rand" for which no system identifier could be generated
    3) reference to entity "rand" for which no system identifier could be generated

thanks

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the great mod!

The only question I have is it supposed to erase all of the information entered on the Create Account page if an incorrect CAPTCHA is entered? There has only been one other post about this issue so I'm thinking that it's something that I've altered.

And if it is supposed to erase all of the entered information, is there a fix to make it not do so? (I figured out how to keep all of the entered fields on contact us thanks to another post - the fix just won't work on Create Account.)

Thanks in advance.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by kamelion0927 View Post
    Thanks for the great mod!

The only question I have is it supposed to erase all of the information entered on the Create Account page if an incorrect CAPTCHA is entered? There has only been one other post about this issue so I'm thinking that it's something that I've altered.

And if it is supposed to erase all of the entered information, is there a fix to make it not do so? (I figured out how to keep all of the entered fields on contact us thanks to another post - the fix just won't work on Create Account.)

Thanks in advance.
    Where did you find the fix for keeping the entered fields on the contact us page? I have desperately been looking for this too.

Plugin Contributions

Just installed on to V1.3.9h but can't get any letters in the box.

See: http://www.skysports.com.au/captcha_test.php

In the diagnostic, I get:
    Warning: imagettftext() [function.imagettftext]: Could not read font in /includes/classes/captcha.php on line 249
    (and line 251)

I tried installing an new TTF in the /fonts directory as well as disabling VERDANA.TTF that was put ther in the install.

The only other thing was that I did not edit any of the new files, only moved them from ./YOUR_TEMPLATE/ to my template. Was I supposed to?

Thanks
    Kenton

Page 56 of 60 FirstFirst ... 6465455565758 ... LastLast