Page 43 of 64 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Local Sales Tax Mod - Support Thread

Quote Originally Posted by supersnow View Post
    Also noticed something else. If a customer is in the state but NOT in the local tax zip code, the local zipcode shows up but with a $0 in the order total.
    Hello SuperSnow and jeking and LadyHLG:

I am able to reproduce the "display issues" mentioned by SuperSnow and jeking on version 1.3.9h and Local Sales Mod 2.5.

Better yet, there is a code fix of this display issue as described linked here.

The issue is really really difficult to describe in text or email. The above link with pictures really makes it clear.

To reproduce the problem, you can configure the setting as shown linked here.

Hopeful, the code fix can be incorporated into the next version of Local Sales Tax Mod? I do find the Local Sales Tax mod to be quite useful.

Plugin Contributions

red flag Re: Local Sales Tax Mod - Support Thread

Hey Lady thanks for the awesome Mod. I have everything set up for WI and the tax is working but in the shopping cart the tax is being displayed 3 times. I am attaching a screenshot so you can see what I am talking about. Any suggestions on how to have only 1 show. Not sure what is going on?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by bradg120177 View Post
    Hey Lady thanks for the awesome Mod. I have everything set up for WI and the tax is working but in the shopping cart the tax is being displayed 3 times. I am attaching a screenshot so you can see what I am talking about. Any suggestions on how to have only 1 show. Not sure what is going on?
    What you're seeing is the result of the bug in the mod explained in the post above yours.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by bradg120177 View Post
    ... the tax is working but in the shopping cart the tax is being displayed 3 times. I am attaching a screenshot so you can see what I am talking about. Any suggestions on how to have only 1 show. Not sure what is going on?
    Here is the link to fix of the display issue with local taxes. Hope that helps.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks Guys I applied the changes and that fixed it!!!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by artcoder View Post

I am able to reproduce the "display issues" mentioned by SuperSnow and jeking on version 1.3.9h and Local Sales Mod 2.5.

The issue is really really difficult to describe in text or email. The above link with pictures really makes it clear.

Hopeful, the code fix can be incorporated into the next version of Local Sales Tax Mod? I do find the Local Sales Tax mod to be quite useful.
    Thanks this fixed the issue of the $0 local tax showing up for outside the local tax area on the payment page.
    Thanks
    Supersnow

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by supersnow View Post
    LadyHLG,

Ok so finally had some time to work this issue regarding the local taxes and the customer tax exempt and why it was working and now no local taxes show for any customer.

So on my test site I reinstalled the local taxes module without any local tax modified files for the tax exempt files. And the local taxes appear again and worked for all customers. The tax exempt customers shows the local taxes but not the normal states taxes as I thought would happen. And the normal customers showed the correct local and correct state tax.

So now the problem is to get the local taxes not to show with the tax exempt set to ALL.

Then I uploaded the two files you gave me to work with the tax exempt from the extra functions folder and the order total folder. Then the local taxes disappear from all customers again.

So I think something is not working with the check_exempt_mod() in functions_local_taxes.php:
    Code:
     //check for exempt mod

function check_exempt_mod(){
     // get customer exempt status 
      global $db; 

if ($_SESSION['customer_id']) {
            $customers_id = $_SESSION['customer_id'];
            $customer_check = $db->Execute("select * from " . TABLE_CUSTOMERS . " where customers_id = '$customers_id'");
        }
        if ($customer_check->fields['customers_tax_exempt'] = "ALL") {
            return false;
            }else{
            return true;
        }

}
    I really would love for this to work. Thanks again for such a great mod!
    Has anyone got any ideas why this is not working with tax exempt. The state tax is showing up as $0 but the local tax is still get calculated and added to the total even when they are tax exempt is set to ALL.
    Thanks
    Supersnow

Plugin Contributions

supersnow, artcoder and everyone,
    I apologize for my absence! I haven't been ignoring you all, I just haven't received a single email notification (until this morning) of the discussions going on here!

Artcoder - thank-you for the bug fix!! I will get those into the mod and post an update as soon as I am able.

supersnow - Let me look into your exemption problems and see if I can figure this out.

DebraM - Would certainly like to know how TaxCloud works out for you...it looks like it could be an easier alternative to setting up all the taxes, the only problem I can see is that you can not use coupons with it yet..but I think they are working on that.

Again, everyone I am sorry if it seemed I had disappeared!

LadyHLG

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by artcoder View Post

You wouldn't happen to have a how to fix for v2.4 I can't upgrade to v2.5 until I bring my site from 1.3.8a to the current version. I'm sure there are others in my boat (currently on 2.4) that would like to display the local sales tax a bit more "cleanly". Thanks in advance!
    ~ jasmel : My Store Using Contributions: Wallet Theme | Simple Google | Quantity Discounts | Godaddy | FAQ's | Confirm Email Address Entry | Admin login as customer | Newsletter Subscribe | CampaingMonitor

Plugin Contributions

jasmel,
    The display issues were only with version 2.5 and zen 1.3.9.
    If you are still using zen 1.3.8 then you should still be using version 2.4 of the mod.

LadyHLG

Page 43 of 64 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast