Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Paypal IPN not getting orders in ZC, no error msgs in logs

--- background info ----
    ZC 1.3.8a (fresh install last year)
    Added - Googlecheckout (Paypal IPN worked successfully after Google Checkout was installed)
    Customizations - customized for layout and images through language files
    I do not think this is a hosting issue, as nothing has been changed with the host and this was working a couple of months ago.
    Not sure how long it has been down - I do not get many sales through my online store. First failure was seen yesterday. I have not been able to get it to work properly since I recognized the problem.
    ---

Using Paypal Website Payments standard (IPN)
    Symptom: Paypal payment notification is received via email, but the store shows no sign of the order (customer info is there).

I turned on debugging for Paypal IPN. I then tried placed several orders (paying with a second paypal account). It appears that Paypal is continuing to send and resend the notifications of the sales and subsequent refunds back to my store, but for some reason they are not being processed.

After making payment in Paypal, buyer is never returned to the store. Browser says it is trying to load the page from the server, but it never responds. After several minutes, a blank page is displayed.

Attached are sample log files (I removed some personal info but the relevant stuff is untouched) from the /includes/modules/payment/paypal/logs folder. If there is a way to get more detail in these log files, please enlighten me on how to do that.

Thanks in advance!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Paypal IPN not getting orders in ZC, no error msgs in logs

Start with the easy attempt at a fix - -

In your admin, first note all your ipn settings, uninstall ipn...

Re-install IPN and test again
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

I've tried that already. No change.

Plugin Contributions

OK, I reinstalled the payment module again, and still there is no change in the behavior. What am I missing??
    Obviously, something is wrong. I checked the DB, and I see the "zenid" values from the debug messages in paypal_session.session_id.
    There must be some way to get more debugging information to find out what is going wrong...

Plugin Contributions

Anyone have any ideas on this???

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

The logs show receiving IPN notifications from PayPal, but do not show any response coming back when attempting to send the data back to PayPal for a validation check.
    This could be a result of a PHP error, or a firewall block from sending data from your server to PayPal, or a fsockopen block by your hosting company's PHP configuration, or a problem caused by conflicting addons, or any number of things.

Suggested approach:
    1. Try the PayPal troubleshooting tips: http://www.zen-cart.com/wiki/index.php/PayPal
    2. Compare ALL your site files against the original files, and find out what's different and why. Then reconcile any differences as required: http://www.zen-cart.com/wiki/index.p...Obscure_Issues

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks. Unfortunately, I've already tried both of these to no avail.

I'll contact support for the hosting company and see if they have changed anything.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by maffud View Post
    Thanks. Unfortunately, I've already tried both of these to no avail.
    Really?

Okay, so when you followed the troubleshooting steps and ran the ipncheck script, what was the output?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I did not see any change when I installed the debug tool. No error log files are showing up.
    Access to the cache folder shows as "777". However, there is an .htaccess file in that folder. I wonder if it is not correct or maybe it should not be there at all. I am not a unix/linux guy, so I really don't know how to read or set up the .htaccess files. I don't remember if it was always there. It is possible that I put it there after reading about how to make the site more secure.

Contents of cache .htaccess file:
    Code:
    #prevent directory browsing -- for security
    IndexIgnore */*

<Limit GET POST PUT>
    Order Allow,Deny
    Deny from All
    </Limit>

Plugin Contributions

I removed the .htaccess file from the cache folder, and still I am not seeing any log files generated in that folder.

Also, I checked the error log for the site in my hosting control panel, and it is completely empty. I don't know the scope of that log, but I couldn't find any other log options that might show internal errors.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast