Page 332 of 360 FirstFirst ... 232282322330331332333334342 ... LastLast
Results 3,311 to 3,320 of 3595
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: EasyPopulate 4.0 Support Thread

I spent 6 hours today trying to get this plugin to work. Spreadsheet shows all lines with same values as the 2 line template downloaded, yet it will not create the items when uploads. All I get is an error message that there is no category for this product for 68 items in the spreadsheet. If one has to use openoffice to make this work, then that is a problem. Either make it work with MS or change the file format to text so that the excel import wizard will fire up and ask for delimiters. CSV files will not start the import wizard. Im exhausted.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by pixelpadre View Post
    I spent 6 hours today trying to get this plugin to work. Spreadsheet shows all lines with same values as the 2 line template downloaded, yet it will not create the items when uploads. All I get is an error message that there is no category for this product for 68 items in the spreadsheet. If one has to use openoffice to make this work, then that is a problem. Either make it work with MS or change the file format to text so that the excel import wizard will fire up and ask for delimiters. CSV files will not start the import wizard. Im exhausted.
    Please follow the links at this post. This issue has been discussed multiple times within this thread already.

Shortcut? Within the Admin of your Zen Cart Version, please select the configuration menu option, scroll down to Easy Populate V4 and open it.
    at the fourth option down, select to edit the menu option Import Language Override?
    Assuming that you are using a "normal" or "historical" type csv file/field-naming convention, change the value to anything other than the EP4.0.37.13 installation default of language_code_only. That is, the value selected should in some way represent the language type identifier that you are using in your file. The default import was incorrectly set to language_code_only. That setting requires fields to include the language_code (en, de, es, etc...). Good ole' EP4 uses the language_id and the default export was set to use language_id.

The new default will be language_id_only in the next distribution.

For those that have already installed, read through this forum about the recent release (huge) ISSUE, the next upgrade will not adjust whatever value is currently set, but the description will be updated to identify the new default. Default for export and import will match at using the historical language_id.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Seems like that worked. You should delete the previous 3,000 posts and start from here.

Plugin Contributions

I am trying to create an csv order upload for Shippo. When I use the orders download from EP4 all I am getting is headers only...no orders even when I select status that have orders. Any idea where to start looking for the issue? I do not see a date range on that so I assume it is all based on order statuses.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    A review of recent posts may have revealed the direction provided here: https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread....52#post1381452

Again, the problem is/was (most likely) the default settings were set incorrectly. I have two improvements to make and then I will be uploading an updated copy that won't start off that way.
    I've changed the menu option Import Language Override to language_id, and I'm still getting the same result: when I click the Import button, I get redirected to the admin main page and nothing has been imported; also no errors anywhere. This also happens if I click the Delete button.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by g2ktcf View Post
    I am trying to create an csv order upload for Shippo. When I use the orders download from EP4 all I am getting is headers only...no orders even when I select status that have orders. Any idea where to start looking for the issue? I do not see a date range on that so I assume it is all based on order statuses.
    Sadly, through a lack of investigation/support, the orders aspect of EP4 has not been flushed out. The overall functionality is not present because no level of consensus of the output file format was even closely identified. The "functionality" (selection?) though remained because I suspect others may have completed the effort and not shared their work, but I also didn't want to make it difficult for them to retain what they had done... Without a good output format, it is difficult to develop an import format. BTW, this "feature" was added back in rev 4.0.31a to try to begin/further the ability. V4.0.31 was announced released in August of 2015 and at this post: https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread....33#post1291133. V4.0.31a is in github at: https://github.com/mc12345678/EasyPo...4.0.31a_posted. I would have to research further to provide more historical perspective.

There are other plugins that provide that feature in its entirety and I likely could flush out the operation from one/more of those, but...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    I've changed the menu option Import Language Override to language_id, and I'm still getting the same result: when I click the Import button, I get redirected to the admin main page and nothing has been imported; also no errors anywhere. This also happens if I click the Delete button.
    What's the name of the file? I am assuming that it has a space in it...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    Sadly, through a lack of investigation/support, the orders aspect of EP4 has not been flushed out. The overall functionality is not present because no level of consensus of the output file format was even closely identified. The "functionality" (selection?) though remained because I suspect others may have completed the effort and not shared their work, but I also didn't want to make it difficult for them to retain what they had done... Without a good output format, it is difficult to develop an import format. BTW, this "feature" was added back in rev 4.0.31a to try to begin/further the ability. V4.0.31 was announced released in August of 2015 and at this post: https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread....33#post1291133. V4.0.31a is in github at: https://github.com/mc12345678/EasyPo...4.0.31a_posted. I would have to research further to provide more historical perspective.

There are other plugins that provide that feature in its entirety and I likely could flush out the operation from one/more of those, but...
    which plugin?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by g2ktcf View Post
    which plugin?
    Hmmm.. I guess I again have been foiled by this search... I came across this thread (from many years ago) about the import difficulty associated with orders... Export is one thing (and there are export utilities), but import involves a huge amount of manipulation though not to say it isn't possible, it isn't made freely... There are some tools that would help with mapping fields to database areas and such have been discussed herein, but please take a look at this old post about the effort involved with the import process: https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread....942#post855942

That's just on the interrelationship of data...

The real question here is, what is the need for this import? Is this presumably related to a store upgrade or what is the associated need?

Plugin Contributions

I just want to EXPORT so I can import the shipping info from my store into Shippo since that their API is so old.