Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Problems with Paypal IPN/Sandbox environment

Hi, n00b here!

I'm trying to enable Paypal IPN here at work for our store. Right now, I'm testing on our development server. It's only accessible on our network, so I thought that might be giving me problems. I did set up the module to point to the 'ipn_main_handler.php' on our live server, but that didn't fix anything.

This is the response I get:

Code:
    Sep 26 2007 9:13 -- IPN INFO - Confirmation/Validation response
    FAIL
    The payment goes through (not sure if it should or shouldn't), but the order isn't stored in Zen Cart. I've read through plenty of posts here, but couldn't find a solution that works for me.

Any help/suggestions are appreciated.

P.S. Using sandbox because we don't have a Paypal account set up here at work just yet.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Problems with Paypal IPN/Sandbox environment

Install the ipncheck.php tool from here:
    http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=65680

And post the results you get when running it with your browser.

FAQ: http://www.zen-cart.com/wiki/index.php/PayPal

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Results from ipncheck.php

Code:
    IPNCHECK.PHP - Version 1.0

IPN TESTING - POSTING to PayPal via: ssl://www.paypal.com:443

IPN TESTING - Confirmation/Validation response: RESPONSE RECEIVED - Communications OKAY

Script finished.

Plugin Contributions

So is this just a lost cause now?

I do have the newest PayPal patch installed. The ipncheck seems to be working. I'm not sure what else I should be looking at. Just wait to test live?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

1. The fact that ipncheck.php "worked" means that your server is allowing communications to happen from your server to PayPal.

It doesn't mean that it works the other way around. You only posted partial log details, so I can't really diagnose any further information about what is or isn't happening.

2. If your server cannot be reached by PayPal's servers (ie; accessed from the "outside world"), then you'll not be able to test the IPN incoming notifications, since it all happens based on actual communications between servers.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I was thinking that #2 was the main culprit. I tried setting up the IPN handler on our live server, but that didn't help anything.

I was just trying out Express Checkout today, and that appears to work. I'm not sure which module we will be using once we go live, so I just wanted to make sure both would work. Looks like I'm 1-1.

Anyway, thanks for your help.

Plugin Contributions

Using curltest with ?paypal parameter I am receiving the following error message:

PHP Code:
    Array
    (
        [
    url] => "https://api-3t.paypal.com/nvp"

[content_type] => text/plaincharset=utf-8

[http_code] => 200

[header_size] => 215

[request_size] => 166

[filetime] => -1

[ssl_verify_result] => 0

[redirect_count] => 0

[total_time] => 0.172195

[namelookup_time] => 2.6E-5

[connect_time] => 0.012365

[pretransfer_time] => 0.050122

[size_upload] => 37

[size_download] => 146

[speed_download] => 847

[speed_upload] => 214

[download_content_length] => 146

[upload_content_length] => 0

[starttransfer_time] => 0.172166

[redirect_time] => 0
    )

ACK=Failure&L_ERRORCODE0=81002&L_SHORTMESSAGE0=Unspecified%20Method&L_LONGMESSAGE0=Method%20Specified%20is%20not%20Supported&L_SEVERITYCODE0=ErrorEOF 
    Does this mean anything to anyone, other than the cURL setup is not working properly?

ipncheck.php produces the following:

PHP Code:
    IPNCHECK.PHP Version 1.0

IPN TESTING 
    POSTING to PayPal viassl://www.paypal.com:443

IPN TESTING Confirmation/Validation responseRESPONSE RECEIVED Communications OKAY

Script finished

...but ipn_test and ipn_test_return both return an illegal access message.
    Last edited by coffee granules; 18 Nov 2008 at 11:40 PM.
    What do you mean it wouldn't work, so you removed all those annoying PHP tags....?!

Plugin Contributions

Managed to get ipncheck.php and curltest.php?paypal working just fine now.

So what's the score with ipn_test.php, then? - Presumably this is a test to see if information is passed back to my store correctly once a transaction has been completed, but without the customer actually needing to finish things off fully on their side, short of completing the transaction?

Well, I've checked the IPN Notification URL, currently set to:

https://mysite.tld/ipn_main_handler.php (where mysite.tld = the domain of my webstore - the cart is installed in the root directory of my website).

...and also the Return URL under Website Payment Preferences:

https://mysite.tld/index.php?main_page=checkout_process

...and I am pretty sure that there are no problems with either of those, so does anyone else know what might be causing ipn_test.php to die with an illegal access message?
    What do you mean it wouldn't work, so you removed all those annoying PHP tags....?!

Plugin Contributions

After some further checking is

even necessary?

The above address is not a valid address for the cart, and Paypal does not require any kind of processing to be done through that address, so could it not be set as pretty much any address you like?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

You have re-opened a discussion from 2007 about accessing the PayPal sandbox.
    I'm not sure why you've done that (your post makes no reference to Sandbox), nor am I clear about what real "problem" you're talking about. Your CURL communications and IPN communications appear to be working fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by coffee granules View Post
    Using curltest with ?paypal parameter I am receiving the following error message:

ACK=Failure&L_ERRORCODE0=81002&L_SHORTMESSAGE0=Unspecified%20Method&L_LONGMESSAG E0=Method%20Specified%20is%20not%20Supported&L_SEVERITYCODE0=ErrorEOF

Does this mean anything to anyone, other than the cURL setup is not working properly?
    Actually, it means the CURL communication was successful. That error message comes from PayPal, and you would only see it if you were able to connect to them.

ipncheck.php produces the following:

PHP Code:
    IPNCHECK.PHP Version 1.0

IPN TESTING 
    POSTING to PayPal viassl://www.paypal.com:443

IPN TESTING Confirmation/Validation responseRESPONSE RECEIVED Communications OKAY

Script finished

That's good.

...but ipn_test and ipn_test_return both return an illegal access message.
    Good, because those are for developer-use only and shouldn't work for you anyway.

does anyone else know what might be causing ipn_test.php to die with an illegal access message?
    That's by design. Ignore it.

After some further checking is

even necessary?

The above address is not a valid address for the cart, and Paypal does not require any kind of processing to be done through that address, so could it not be set as pretty much any address you like?
    The Auto-Return URL is used when the customer doesn't click the button to return to your site. Zen Cart overrides that value with each transaction; however, you still need to give it a valid address or Paypal may disable the feature on you if it encounters failures. Same with the IPN URL.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast