Plugin Contributions

Default "unknown response 400" please help?!

[Note: remember to include site URL, ZC version, list of plugins, PHP version, etc ... read the Posting Tips shown above for information to include in your post here. And, remove this comment before actually posting!]

Hello all. I am new to zen cart and have searched for a remedy to my issue but have been unable to find anything. I apologize if this ia a duplicate post.

https://www.made-right-here.com

ZC version: 1.5.5 installed by FTP
    THe only plugins I am running are taxcloud, shipstation, UPS tracking, and the Winchester BLack template
    PHP version 5.6.37
    MySQL version: 5.6.41-84.1(as it is listed in the server info under admin>tools.)
    I do not know for certain when the problem started, Only that I noticed it last night when I was doing some shopping cart test runs to make sure everything was running smoothly.

Problem:
    anytime there is a login, logout, or change in the shopping cart contents I get the following message:

Made-right-here.com says:
    An unknown response 400: :text/html; charset=utf-8: : was received while processing an ajax call. The action you requested could not be completed.

In my browser, the message shows as a pop up with an "OK" button. WHen I click the button, the action continues and is apparently completed. THis happens when loggin in as a shopper, or when browsing without being logged in if I add something to the cart login. I have had no such messages in the admin area. I have not tested actual transactions yet to see if this affects them. THere do not appear to be any related debug logs. I will include a screenshot of the message. Please let me know if there are other questions or needed information.
    Name:  Drawing1.png
Views: 1225
Size:  73.9 KB

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: "unknown response 400" please help?!

on further inspection, it does appear to be an issue with the Winchester Black template I have installed. I tried it with the responsive classic template and did not get the same message. Can anyone suggest a patch or fix? I really like the style of the winchester black template.

Plugin Contributions

you need to replace your:

includes/templates/winchester_responsive/jscript/jscript_framework.php

file with this one:

https://github.com/zencart/zencart/b..._framework.php

actually see:

https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread....jax-Call-Error

best.
    Last edited by carlwhat; 7 Dec 2018 at 05:22 PM.
    author of square Webpay.
    mxWorks has premium plugins. donations: venmo or paypal accepted.
    premium consistent excellent support. available for hire.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by jnorwood521 View Post
    on further inspection, it does appear to be an issue with the Winchester Black template I have installed. I tried it with the responsive classic template and did not get the same message. Can anyone suggest a patch or fix? I really like the style of the winchester black template.
    There are actions identified in this thread that are needed to support operation of that (and similar templates) to operate under ZC 1.5.5: https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread....rk-with-v1-5-5

Welcome to Zen Cart, sorry you're having difficulty. Hopefully that and any other assistance requested/received helps you get through the issues.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    There are actions identified in this thread that are needed to support operation of that (and similar templates) to operate under ZC 1.5.5: https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread....rk-with-v1-5-5

Welcome to Zen Cart, sorry you're having difficulty. Hopefully that and any other assistance requested/received helps you get through the issues.
    why doesn't anyone update those templates?
    author of square Webpay.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by carlwhat View Post
    why doesn't anyone update those templates?
    There's a couple of reasons that come to mind as to why some have not: respect to the original author; she's still alive and doing some level of work. Whomever does the update in some regards will be asked to continue to support it which may deter some from stepping up. There's already posted solutions and people are still able to identify where they are. Currently the solution is not really one specific file or a specific change, but instead a process (something that could be coded into the installation script to ensure the content applicable to the currently installed version is used.) Those that know how to perform the actions don't see a need to update the files based on one or more of the above. Those that haven't provided an updated fileset before are worried about doing it right. Any number of other reasons/excuses..

With that question, the same could be asked in return? Since anybody truly could offer up a revised fileset with instructions, then the question could be posed to the inquirer.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

That did the trick. THank you so much!!!!!!!!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    There's a couple of reasons that come to mind as to why some have not: respect to the original author; she's still alive and doing some level of work...

With that question, the same could be asked in return? Since anybody truly could offer up a revised fileset with instructions, then the question could be posed to the inquirer.
    w/o rehashing things already stated on these boards; due to her marketing tactics i have no respect for the original author, and would prefer to not support her or anything associated with her....

best.
    author of square Webpay.

Plugin Contributions

I just ran into this same problem with one of my templates. Never have seen it before. I turned off the ajax of checkout but of course this is no real solution. The cart is 1.5.5f, php 7.1.33 and there is no added javascript/jquery except for the product info image popup - only included on that page. This particular site has an additional 6 websites as addon domains, all with the same template and zen cart.

So then I uploaded the most recent version of the jscript_framework.php file and now it's fine. I have to assume somewhere along the line, the site ended up with an earlier version but I upgraded this site from 1.5.4 to 1.5.5f - no in between upgrades. Though I could have been working from a set of files created specifically upgrading only the changed files from 1.5.4 to 1.5.5.

The point is that it doesn't take a non upgraded template to create this scenario.
    The full-time Zen Cart Guru. WizTech4ZC.com