Page 231 of 360 FirstFirst ... 131181221229230231232233241281331 ... LastLast
Results 2,301 to 2,310 of 3595
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: EasyPopulate 4.0 Support Thread

Quote Originally Posted by wtashby View Post
    One quick, perhaps dumb question. Why did you move from v_category_name_1, v_category_name_2, etc. to using the caret? That, to me just complicates things having to use formulas and such instead of the old way.
    You mean, way back when why did chadderuski change up the method of assigning categories?

Well, there were two things at play from what I have seen throughout the thread and from looking at how it works. One was that there was the concept of multiple languages, so there had to be a method to apply that, then there was the "stack-up" of categories.. How many v_categories_name_x fields need to be added to address the multiple layers in which a product can exist? Then on top of that applying a second+ language at the same time...

So, as to the use of the caret (or other character as so desired), v_category_name_1 is the category name for the product in the row that is to be in the first language of the store (having language_id = 1), the category that it resides is main_cat1^sub_cat1^sub_sub_cat1^sub_sub_sub_cat1 Thus the product's category is fully defined in a single field.

This has been this way with EP4 for as long as I've known it (4+ years), so I'm curious about to what "old way" this is being compared.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Nightfly66 View Post
    I will try to explain better with some examples:

1) Each product has a unique code (v_products_model) but each product has a unique code but this code is duplicated for the product name in English and the name of the product in Italian language (v_products_model)
    2) I have twice the same product code associated with the same product model one by the name in Italian is the second with the name in English
    3/4) I do not have blank fields
    5) With earlier versions, I have never had need to enter anything in the User Defined Fields Products
    6) There may be some products linked in different categories
    7/8) v_products_model, v_products_name, v_status, v_specials_price, v_specials_price, v_specials_date_avail, v_specials_expires_date, v_products_price, v_products_quantity.

All fields are duplicates with the same values. The problem seems to be "v_products_nam"e which is in two languages

Sorry for my English. I hope I was clear in explaining

Regards
    No, your English is fine, I was however able to consider multiple ways that the information could be understood. I did not want to try to guess too much. :)

I have taken a look at the code and I have tested the changes. I have uploaded some more changes to 4.0.34 to https://github.com/mc12345678/EasyPopulate-4.0

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    No, your English is fine, I was however able to consider multiple ways that the information could be understood. I did not want to try to guess too much. :)

I have taken a look at the code and I have tested the changes. I have uploaded some more changes to 4.0.34 to https://github.com/mc12345678/EasyPopulate-4.0
    You are very kind: I'll try this new version

Plugin Contributions

I always see duplicate "v products_model"
    Let me know if I can privately send the exported file

Plugin Contributions

Question: can I go back to an old version v4.0?
    The one I was working or they might be problems with the SQL DB?

Plugin Contributions

I always see duplicate "v products_model"
    Let me know if I can privately send the exported file
    I noticed this as well when I exported using both an older version and the latest... With one language and two.

The temporary solution (workaround) would be to edit the last record in the grouping of the v_product_model (ie. Sorted by v_product_model) and upload that file or take action to reduce the number of rows of a v_product_model to one.

Before making a change to the code to reduce that result to one entry per product_model, need to understand how that "feature" is used/could be of benefit to someone. Result may be that need to add another admin->configuration control in order to allow/prevent that duplication. I don't like taking away a "feature" that exists if there is a benefit to it's presence.

Plugin Contributions

Question: can I go back to an old version v4.0?
    The one I was working or they might be problems with the SQL DB?
    Yes you can, the suggestion would be to first use the remove/uninstall feature in the right corner of the tools->EP4 window, then to remove the current EP4 files, load the replacement (old) EP4 files and install as normal.

There may be "compatibility" issues in that the older code may not work on the current system. May I ask why this is desired?

Plugin Contributions

Yes you can, the suggestion would be to first use the remove/uninstall feature in the right corner of the tools->EP4 window, then to remove the current EP4 files, load the replacement (old) EP4 files and install as normal.

There may be "compatibility" issues in that the older code may not work on the current system. May I ask why this is desired?
    I wish that the software is functioning as previous versions. I would like that you to confirm to me that I have no problems in importing especially prices and inventories, and that these errors do not harm my database.

Plugin Contributions

I wish that the software is functioning as previous versions. I would like that you to confirm to me that I have no problems in importing especially prices and inventories, and that these errors do not harm my database.
    As recommended in the instructions, this code like any other including an upgrade to ZC ought to be tested for the desired condition(s) actions independent of a live server (or at least with a backup made immediately before pushing data). The countless variations possible prohibit 100% testing of every possible condition. As can be seen, issues identified are rapidly addressed.

Plugin Contributions

Now, with a little more calm, I tried the v4.0.34 and it works OK!
    Thank you ! You were very good!
    I always duplicate products, but I have no import errors.
    Thanks again !