Plugin Contributions

red flag Authorize.net - Please select payment method error

Here is my client's site that I'm working on and have been trying to fix this problem for WEEKS. http://www.receiptrolls.com/shop

I've also searched the forums for a solution to this, to no avail, and the possible fixes I did find, were not helpful.

Whenever someone adds something to the cart and checks out, then goes to the page where payment method is chosen, the page shows 2 sets of fields for credit card information. Then, no matter which option is selected and fields completed, Zen Cart returns an error when you click on 'continue'. The error is a red box across the top of the page that says "Please select a payment method for this transaction", even though one is selected.

Can anyone help me figure out the problem and how to fix it? I've tried uninstalling and installing Authorize.net (aim) and Authorize.net modules, back and forth several times, respectively, according to some other users advice here in the forum, but when I only have one of them installed and activated, NO credit card option appears on the shop checkout, and when I have both installed and activated, they both show up but neither one works.

I am using 1.3.6 which I installed to my client's site back in October. Unless you can prove this problem can be solved via an upgrade to 1.3.7 PLEASE I really do not want to get into the hassle of doing that because I have several mods and a custom template installed.

I am also using the Transactions ID and key which were supplied to me by Authorize.net on behalf of my client who is an account holder there, and using it in test mode.

Please note: This was not a problem 2 weeks ago. I have not done anything different to the site files whatsoever except activate from one payment module to the other, within Admin.
    Last edited by bwoodsdesign; 18 Jul 2007 at 07:49 PM.
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    B. Woods Design - Professional Managed Website Solutions

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Authorize.net - Please select payment method error

Quote Originally Posted by bwoodsdesign View Post
    Whenever someone adds something to the cart and checks out, then goes to the page where payment method is chosen, the page shows 2 sets of fields for credit card information. Then, no matter which option is selected and fields completed, Zen Cart returns an error when you click on 'continue'. The error is a red box across the top of the page that says "Please select a payment method for this transaction", even though one is selected.

Can anyone help me figure out the problem and how to fix it? I've tried uninstalling and installing Authorize.net (aim) and Authorize.net modules, back and forth several times, respectively, according to some other users advice here in the forum, but when I only have one of them installed and activated, NO credit card option appears on the shop checkout, and when I have both installed and activated, they both show up but neither one works
    That is not normal behaviour, and suggests that something has been busted in your templates or your payment modules.

What contributions have you installed?
    What patches have you installed?
    What kinds of customizations have you been making?

This was NOT a problem for my client's shop a week ago.
    What changed in the last week? -- both in terms of the files on the website, and the server configuration (ie: hosting company)?

Do you have a backup of your files, which you could use either for comparison or for restore?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Hi Dr. Byte

I have the following mods/contributions on my client's store:

- Nifty_Zen template

- COWOA (Checkout Optional Without Account)

- Authorize.net payment module

- Authorize.net (aim) - this was already on my site

I do have a backup folder of all the files that were overwritten when I did the COWOA mod.

The COWOA mod worked perfectly, once it was installed, but I went back into Admin to tweak the Modules > Payment area to remove the check/money order option. It's possible I might have changed the sort order by doing that, but I've got the Authorize.net mod set to 0 sort order, since it's the only method we are using for payment.

I'm hosting the site, so I know nothing has changed from that end in terms of configuration or server stuff.
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Plugin Contributions

Why do you have two AuthNet modules installed?
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

I'm not sure, they are both "listed" in the payment modules area, but I only have one of them activated (green light) and set to sort order '0'.

Plugin Contributions

Can't ANYONE help me figure out what I did wrong?

My client is losing money daily because I cannot get the site online until this is fixed.

Plugin Contributions

Some ideas:

Uninstall any module that you are not using ...

If using more than 1 payment module and sort orders number them in 10s to avoid conflicts ...

AuthorizeNet AIM is the better choice between SIM and AIM ...

If using AuthorizeNet, be sure to test can you do a transaction directly on the AuthorizeNet site?

AuthorizeNet requires a secure URL and cURL on the server ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

I do have a backup folder of all the files that were overwritten when I did the COWOA mod.
    So ... does uninstalling COWOA stop this unexpected behaviour ?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

application error Re: Authorize.net - Please select payment method error

I'm getting the same problem suddenly on my store, but I do not use Authorize.net. I have the offsitepayment module and a dirbank module for payment, that's it. I've used both for 2 years without problem. Now, since July 23, I find out customers cannot complete orders because it's not recognizing that a payment type is selected.

On my test instance, I've been trying to test the cc module and running into major problems. Could this be related to a PHP or MySQL upgrade? My current versions are:

Server OS: Linux 2.4.32-grsec+f6b+gr217+nfs+a32+fuse23+tg+++opt+c8+gr2b-v6.194 Database: MySQL 5.0.24a-standard-log
    Server Date: 07/26/2007 19:20:41 Database Date: 07/26/2007 19:20:41

PHP Version: 4.4.7 (Zend: 1.3.0)
    HTTP Server: Apache/2.0.54 (Unix) PHP/4.4.7 mod_ssl/2.0.54 OpenSSL/0.9.7e mod_fastcgi/2.4.2 DAV/2 SVN/1.4.2
    Carly
    Sambu Kyuguten
    https://www.sambu-kyugu.com

Plugin Contributions

Never mind, I fixed my problem. I had made a stupid change to the payment module files thinking that it would not make a difference....well it did! That's what I get for not really understanding PHP!!

Sorry for the trouble.
    Carly
    Sambu Kyuguten
    https://www.sambu-kyugu.com