Page 61 of 245 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371111161 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Ceon URI Mapping v4.x

Hi Conor

Thank you for your reply

I had read all the docs, checked & double checked the rewrite rule

The weird thing is having deleted the .htaccess file from the root, I re uploaded it turned on mapping in admin & everything is working strange!!

Thanks for taking the time to reply, by the way your instructions for installing are very good, followed every stage step by step no problems at all
    Regards

Paul

Plugin Contributions

Hi Paul,

It sounds like your FTP software was at fault! That does happen.. faulty FTP uploads are actually now probably the most frequent source of problems with installing any of Ceon's latest modules.

Glad things are working fine now and that you appreciate the time put into the docs.. I'm glad the software was easy enough to install.. wish it could be easier but I think I've done okay with things as they are, glad you think so too. :)

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

All the best...

Conor
    ceon

Plugin Contributions

Hello Conor

Excellent mod, thank you for taking the time to write it and offer it free to us Zen Carters. I am in the process of building a big & tall men's apparel store. I installed the latest version and followed the instructions very carefully. I made an .htaccess file from the Installation Check. It worked after I put a / in front of the .php line. I went into my catagories (Pants, Jeans) to start and checked the box 'Tick this box to have the URI auto-generated for this category.'. I then went to a product, a pair of casual pants and did the same to try and see if it worked. I then clicked on the catagory 'Pants' and the URL showed it as 'http://www.bigandtallwarehouse.com/Pants'. So it looks like it's working there.

The problem is my products are getting an SQL error when I click on the catagory for that line of products, like jeans. It says 'WARNING: An Error occurred, please refresh the page and try again.' I go to the cache to see the error and this is what it says:

PHP Fatal error: 1054:Unknown column 'm.manufacturers_name' in 'field list' :: SELECT DISTINCT p.products_image, pd.products_name, m.manufacturers_name, p.products_model, p.products_quantity, p.products_id, p.products_type, p.master_categories_id,
    p.manufacturers_id, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, pd.products_description, IF(s.status = 1,
    s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_new_products_price, IF(s.status =1, s.specials_new_products_price,
    p.products_price) as final_price, p.products_sort_order, p.product_is_call, p.product_is_always_free_shipping,
    p.products_qty_box_status FROM products p LEFT JOIN specials s on p.products_id = s.products_id LEFT JOIN products_description pd on p.products_id = pd.products_id JOIN products_to_categories p2c on p.products_id = p2c.products_id WHERE p.products_status = 1
    and pd.language_id = '1'
    and p2c.categories_id = '17' GROUP BY p.products_id order by p.products_sort_order, pd.products_name in /homepages/29/d402403078/htdocs/BIGANDTALLWAREHOUSE/includes/classes/db/mysql/query_factory.php on line 101

Totally at a loss here. It was working fine before the install. Any help would be so appreciated. I thank you

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

Glad you like the module.. thanks for taking the time to say you appreciate it, it makes all the time spent on it feel a bit more worthwhile!

Quote Originally Posted by jimproz View Post
    So it looks like it's working there.
    Yes, Ceon URI Mapping would appear to have been installed just fine and is working just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by jimproz View Post
    PHP Fatal error: 1054:Unknown column 'm.manufacturers_name' in 'field list'
    This is indeed a problem but it isn't actually anything at all to do with Ceon URI Mapping... you must have installed something else when installing Ceon URI Mapping, the fact that this occurred after installing Ceon URI Mapping is not an issue, you've done something else at the same time and possibly not noticed it had broken things.

The error you have posted clearly shows that something on your site has an incorrect SQL call.

I spent a few minutes there searching Zen Cart's files and am it appears that a very similar SQL command is in the file:

includes/index_filters/default_filter.php

The SQL you posted is missing the manufacturers table, which in the Zen Cart PHP/SQL should have a line like:

TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m, " .

Your site appears to be missing this.

Check your files to see if you have modified the filter file or another module has.. and fix that.

It could be that this error is only showing up now as the parameters have changed.. however it is DEFINITELY an SQL error on your site that is 100% unrelated to Ceon URI Mapping.

I hope that information is enough for you to find and fix the problem.

All the best...

Conor
    ceon

Plugin Contributions

Default sample .htaccess file.

Very sorry to ask, but...
    I can't for the life of me find a sample .htaccess file. rewrite rule.
    I've created a blank one called .htaccess but don't know what to enter there.
    (running v1.3.9h)

In my admin/modules it shows the CEON URI tab. Which takes me to the my shops homepage when clicked on.

From what I've read (hundreds of posts) it says a sample is provided when you click on that tab.
    But because I don't have a rewrite rule setup, it doesn't provide a sample rewrite?

Again, sorry I know it will be written in a post 'somewhere' but can't find it for the last few hours. Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: sample .htaccess file.

Hi,

Sorry you've been having trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by mcpisik View Post
    In my admin/modules it shows the CEON URI tab. Which takes me to the my shops homepage when clicked on.
    Quite simply, that's not possible without you having seriously messed something up.

You'll need to install the software from the start again, taking care to follow all the steps one by one (delete ALL the files you uploaded before, or even better, go back to a backup you made of the site before you botched the installation of the module). Make sure you read ALL the documentation, everything you need is in there, you've no need to read anything on this forum.

That should get you sorted.

Then enjoy the rest of the weekend!

All the best...

Conor
    ceon

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by conor View Post
    You'll need to install the software from the start again...
    ceon
    Thanks, yes I managed it yesterday after reuploading the files one by one instead of in bulk.
    All working fine now and it's brilliant.

Only the product html editors don't work now. Such as adding a hyper-link to description.
    They open a page not found. I'll check the faq now...
    Thanks again.

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

Thanks, yes I managed it yesterday after reuploading the files one by one instead of in bulk.
    All working fine now and it's brilliant.
    Glad to hear that.

Only the product html editors don't work now. Such as adding a hyper-link to description.
    They open a page not found. I'll check the faq now...
    That means you haven't quite merged the admin/products.php or else the admin/includes/modules/XXX files properly. Check each of those and fix the file(s) with the problem(s) and that'll be the final piece of the puzzle sorted.

All the best...

Conor
    ceon

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by conor View Post
    That means you haven't quite merged the admin/products.php or else the admin/includes/modules/XXX files properly.
    Cheers,
    I've checked those files with beyond compare and the only differences were additions from this module, so over wrote them. (a few times to be sure)
    I only use the Product General and the Document Product types as a note and have a renamed Admin of course.

You mentioned the admin/products.php, is that admin/product.php I assume, just to be sure?

Not sure what to do from here, but so close!?

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

You mentioned the admin/products.php, is that admin/product.php I assume, just to be sure?
    Yeah.

If you are sure you've merged properly, get different FTP software and reupload.. mostly FTP software is the source of these problems. Try FireFTP for Firefox.

If that doesn't "fix" things then, if you haven't already, check your cache folder for debug files and fix whatever it is that is broken.

All the best..

Conor
    ceon