Page 100 of 361 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102110150200 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 3606
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: EasyPopulate 4.0 Support Thread

Hello Chad - I don't know whether you have noticed or read this thread.

I am trying to fix the error message mentioned in the above thread by trying to place " with
    & # 3 4 ;
    . No matter what i do i can not get
    & # 3 4 ;
    to show up in the SQL table. (Note: i removed the space in between so it shows up here.)

As a reference, I replaced the easypopulate_4_attrib.php, as per your suggestion to eliminate the errors I was getting.

Quote Originally Posted by chadderuski View Post
    Kevin,

Attached is a replacement easypopulate_4_attrib.php file. Give this a try.

Note that you should set Configuration -> Easy Populate 4 :: Convert Curly Quotes to 1 - Replace with Basic Characters

I tested your file and it imported correctly. I have not tested the advanced attribute import yet, but this should get you on track.

-chadd
    Now I need to go back and place html chatracter
    & # 3 4 ;
    for quotation marks back in. What a mess

The error message in this thread does not tell me whether the error is getting generated from single quote or double quotes?

Any ideas?
    Last edited by Kevin205; 25 May 2013 at 07:05 PM.
    Using Zen Cart 1.5.1

Plugin Contributions

Hi Chadd,

Thanks for the help! I was able to use the info to create a ton of categories. I love your mod! I'm really digging in today, expect to have more questions soon.

And you're right, Dr. Bytes backup mod is a lifesaver!

Thanks,
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by chadderuski View Post
    That is the latest of github. I'm trying to get an update and also submit to the zencart team but time has not been cooperating.

Categories: Categories are automatically created when you import a products and specify it's category. This is the only way to automatically create categories.

Currently, the Categories Only (with meta-tags) is NOT used to create categories, but ONLY to update meta information. Use it carefully, and don't make changes to your store (like add/removed categories) between updates. This import is 1-to-1, working of the categories database ID, not the name, so be careful.

As ALWAYS! use Dr. Byte's MySQL Database Backup Tool before running an import. It will be a life saver should you mess something up

-chadd

Plugin Contributions

Can I use Attrib-Detailed-Ep_ to to import and revise the products_options_values_name values in the zen_products_options_values SQL table ?

I know I can add to new value to products_options_values_name through Attrib-Basic-EP_.

As I try Attrib-Detailed-Ep_ it will not change the value of products_options_values_name. How can I achieve this?
    Using Zen Cart 1.5.1

Plugin Contributions

When I use Easy Populate to update product discriptions I find that if the product description is in plain text that I can see the product description in the on-line store....

... but I can not see the product description in the 'product description' field when I use the admin panel to view that product.

Worse if I hit the update button I loose the description on the on-line store.

Help what am I doing wrong?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Liamv View Post
    When I use Easy Populate to update product discriptions I find that if the product description is in plain text that I can see the product description in the on-line store....

... but I can not see the product description in the 'product description' field when I use the admin panel to view that product.

Worse if I hit the update button I loose the description on the on-line store.

Help what am I doing wrong?
    OK I have solved the problem their were some characters "�'¯Â¾Â£" in the product description field that were causing the problem.

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

i am trying to add this to my site, i have unzipped the files and uploaded the admin file to my root directory as well as the extra files for 1.5. when i log into admin easy populate isnt there, what am i doing wrong?

thanks

suzi

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

i am trying to add this to my site, i have unzipped the files and uploaded the admin file to my root directory as well as the extra files for 1.5. when i log into admin easy populate isnt there, what am i doing wrong?

thanks

suzi

Plugin Contributions

Hey, i'm sorry if this was already covered somewhere in this massive thread, but i was wondering if theres a way i could add fields from new product type that i created. its a format very similar to music, just slightly modded for DVDs, and i wanted to be able to add the equivalent to "record_companies" through easy populate. is this possible? or has anyone else done this? i don't mind modding the php a bit, i'd just need to know which files to tinker with. Thanks for your awesome work on this plugin!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by sinfully View Post
    Hi,

thanks

suzi
    Hi Suzi,

You are most likely not putting the admin files into YOUR admin directory. So if your admin is called "myZenAdmin" then
    you have to upload the files to that directory, not the root.

-chadd

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Liamv View Post
    OK I have solved the problem their were some characters "�'¯Â¾Â£" in the product description field that were causing the problem.
    These "funky" characters usually occur when you are converting text between character encodings. Open Office does a pretty good job of handling this, but you have to tell it the character encoding of the file you are opening (say ISO8859-1) and again when you export your CSV which should be UTF8 .... now that zencart is UTF8 by default.

Your databases must also have the correct encoding, which you can check via phpMyAdmin. If you did a full instally manually (not using some script from your web host), zencart will use the correct UTF8 encodings.