Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Delete Spam Customers

Quote Originally Posted by swguy View Post
    you might have to do this 3 or 4 times (set the range, upload, run the file, set the range, upload, run the file ...) but at least you know the bad ones will be cleaned out properly.

Also as another suggestion, take a look at ZenNonCaptcha. It has really cut down on spam for my clients that are using it.

https://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=2207
    Thanks Scott - yes you are right - doing it multiple times will be worth the effort, and I am now using ZenNonCaptcha as well as Access Blocker as well as running your plugin - that should stop most of the intruders :)
    So would you be kind enough to show me an example of how to put a date range code in the php file in lieu of or better still, in addition to, the https, such that it will actually work (I did some searches for code examples but there are so many variations)

many thanks, Mike

Code:
    // Could also be based on date, customer_id, etc. 
    $query = $db->Execute("SELECT * FROM " . TABLE_CUSTOMERS . " WHERE customers_firstname LIKE '%http%' OR customers_lastname LIKE '%http%'");

Plugin Contributions

$query = $db->Execute("SELECT customers_info_id as customers_id FROM " . TABLE_CUSTOMERS_INFO . " WHERE customers_info_date_account_created >= '2018-08-01' and customers_info_date_account_created <= '2018-08-30'"
    That Software Guy. My Store: Zen Cart Modifications
    Available for hire - See my ad in Services
    Plugin Moderator, Documentation Curator, Chief Cook and Bottle-Washer.
    Do you benefit from Zen Cart? Then please support the project.

Plugin Contributions

$query = $db->Execute("SELECT customers_info_id as customers_id FROM " . TABLE_CUSTOMERS_INFO . " WHERE customers_info_date_account_created >= '2018-08-01' and customers_info_date_account_created <= '2018-08-30'"
    Many thanks Scott - much appreciated!
    cheers,
    Mike

Plugin Contributions

Maybe I am doing something wrong, I cannot get this date range code to work :) - so I deleted the existing original https code and replaced it with this code [with closing );] and simply altered dates to suit a block of spam customers to remove >> saved the file and uploaded it to admin/delete_spam_customers.php >> then selected admin/customers/delete spam customers with the result being 0 customers removed - did this a number of times, once I altered date format to read month/date/year in line with how it shows in admin but that didn't help - so I am stumped.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

cheers,
    Mike

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by shags38 View Post
    Maybe I am doing something wrong, I cannot get this date range code to work :) - so I deleted the existing original https code and replaced it with this code [with closing );] and simply altered dates to suit a block of spam customers to remove >> saved the file and uploaded it to admin/delete_spam_customers.php >> then selected admin/customers/delete spam customers with the result being 0 customers removed - did this a number of times, once I altered date format to read month/date/year in line with how it shows in admin but that didn't help - so I am stumped.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

cheers,
    Mike
    Here is a screen shot of what I have to deal with, this started about 6 months ago, I do have google captcha but not help with these people.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by shags38 View Post
    Maybe I am doing something wrong, I cannot get this date range code to work :)
    sorry it's really hard to write code on the forum. I missed the end paren. Let's space out the end quote too so it's obvious there's a single and then a double.

$query = $db->Execute("SELECT customers_info_id as customers_id FROM " . TABLE_CUSTOMERS_INFO . " WHERE customers_info_date_account_created >= '2018-08-01' and customers_info_date_account_created <= '2018-08-30' ");

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Coins2012 View Post
    Here is a screen shot of what I have to deal with, this started about 6 months ago, I do have google captcha but not help with these people.
    You might want to consider some of the blocking mods out there like Cindy's Access Blocker:
    https://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=2237

Plugin Contributions

sorry it's really hard to write code on the forum. I missed the end paren. Let's space out the end quote too so it's obvious there's a single and then a double.

$query = $db->Execute("SELECT customers_info_id as customers_id FROM " . TABLE_CUSTOMERS_INFO . " WHERE customers_info_date_account_created >= '2018-08-01' and customers_info_date_account_created <= '2018-08-30' ");
    many thanks for your response Scott - no joy I'm afraid - guess I will have to do it via the db or in admin (one at a time).

cheers,
    Mike

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Coins2012 View Post
    These types of fake customers are what I and many others have an issue with also. I have installed this plugin, as swguy suggested to you
    You might want to consider some of the blocking mods out there like Cindy's Access Blocker:
    https://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=2237
    and it has helped to greatly reduce the number of these getting through - there will be a few here and there that do get through because the plugin relies on using a website that produces lists of known spam ip addresses and as such some ip addresses take a while to make the list - but it works well for me (even without captcha). The issue now is deleting hundreds and hundreds that got through before the plugin mentioned above was developed.

cheers,
    Mike

Plugin Contributions

Mike, can you tell me specifically the error you are getting?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast