Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Magic SEO URL vs Ultimate SEO URL vs SEO_G

If you're using this mod and you advertise with Google Adwords or Yahoo Search Marketing you want to read this post: http://www.magic-seo-url.com/board/g...roblem-13.html

There is a major issue with auto-tagging and url tracking that maybe costing you money if you don't apply the fix. Unfortunately, I was not aware of this problem for a considering period of time.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by BlessIsaacola View Post
    If you're using this mod and you advertise with Google Adwords or Yahoo Search Marketing you want to read this post:
    I read through the posts in that link and it made me sad. Just shows how much BS there is from so called SEO experts. There is no such thing as a duplicate content penalty that affects Page Rank, it simply does not work that way.

As for the gclid tag etc, it is very important that these are used because without them you will not be able to tell how your PPC campaigns are performing, how your Ad split testing is going etc. If you do not track your PPC you will not know if it is making you money or losing you money. You also need to ensure that other tracking tags such as utm_source, utm_medium etc are working and you should use them to track newsletter links, Google Product uploads, Yahoo and MSN PPC etc.

SEO covers more than just organic rankings on search engines, it is part of your larger search engine marketing strategy, a mod that breaks your analytics tracking and directs paid ads to 404 pages is very bad.

Regards,
    Christian.

Plugin Contributions

Boy, that sure is a big 'oops'. Not that it can't happen with an open source program, but this has been my big concern the Magic SEO (even though I do use it). Only one person really knows 'how' it works.

Jiri, you really need to inform ALL of your customers of this issue immediately. It's the responsible thing to do.

Plugin Contributions

So Magic SEO and adwords is still possible with autotagging turned off?

The major dissadvantage I gather is that fraudlent clicks are not stopped - not a major problem for me as I am not in a hugley competitve market but still worrying nonetheless.

Is this a problem that will be fixed in the future?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Zek View Post
    So Magic SEO and adwords is still possible with autotagging turned off?

The major dissadvantage I gather is that fraudlent clicks are not stopped - not a major problem for me as I am not in a hugley competitve market but still worrying nonetheless.

Is this a problem that will be fixed in the future?
    IF you follow the link I provided, you will see this issue has been discussed to a great extent and the solution is also there. IF you put the code patch in your .htaccess you should have no problem. Although you should have no problem I am still having issues with IE7.0 and I am going to email them a link to one of our ads on google so they can see the problem.

Plugin Contributions

I installed Magic SEO after removing Ultimate SEO. The installation went fine J help was there with email support and all seems just fine until I tried to add some categories and products. Now I am getting.

404 Not Found
    The requested URL /store/admin/categories.php does not exist.

I left an email for J but have not heard back. There is still something left from the Ultimate SEO install . The admin/config/ SEO is still there. What file could be left? I have double check all that was added? Also is there any file that were rewritten?

Thanks
    RJ
    RJ Fine Woodworking online store
    http://www.rjfinewood.com/store

Plugin Contributions

This is the reply from J

"This has nothing to do with Magic SEO URL. It will be likely caused by your customized .htaccess file or by missing file (MSU leaves administration untouched - is initialized only in catalog)."

Well I guess I am on my own here. The .htaccess was generated by magic SEO URL I have not touch it. There still seems to be something left over from the Ultimate SEO. I need find the files still there and or the files that have been changed.

RJ

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by rjspomer View Post
    Well I guess I am on my own here.
    You probably are. The purpose of this thread was to allow users to compare the pros and cons of the different SEO URL options available.

Hijacking it to seek help solving your specific problem is very anti-social. I'd recommend starting your own thread to deal with your problem (which I doubt is caused by any of the URL mods anyway).
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

red flag Re: Magic SEO URL vs Ultimate SEO URL vs SEO_G

I do not think ive seen a mod so expensive for any shopping cart...

Quote Originally Posted by iRAY View Post
    It is likely expected I write here "Magic SEO URL is The Best", but no - I don't like such kind of spam and I also believe that the real (I hope positive) experiences from our customers are more welcomed, so I only write little notes to clarify some things.

The number of lines in .htaccess depend on how much "Product types" is used in the store. It can be lowered by removing unused types in administration (you can have only about 200 lines for example).

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by dscurlock View Post
    I do not think ive seen a mod so expensive for any shopping cart...

Are you kidding me? $89 expensive? Obviously, you must not have been around long enough to try ultimate seo url. I bet you on average people spend about 40 hours trying to get that thing to work. That's a little over $2 per hour which is less than minimum wage.

The time savings and support is worth more than $89. Trust me, I invested more than 100 hours into the ultimate seo url trying to use it and I was part of the people that funded it for Dreamscape to do it right which he didn't.

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast