Page 245 of 360 FirstFirst ... 145195235243244245246247255295345 ... LastLast
Results 2,441 to 2,450 of 3595
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: EasyPopulate 4.0 Support Thread

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    What language is that? There have been problems seen regarding some specific languages for example Russian. If not mistaken the issue is not central to only EP4 in those cases.

That aside, it appears that the file provided above is semi-colon based rather than comma based, also don't see quotes applied between applicable fields. Further to be sure are you using EP4 as available from: https://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=2069 or from the first post of this thread?
    The language is SLOVAK.
    The file I provided - I just copied and pasted the file opened in text editor. Pls see attached file in zip.
    I have downloaded the latest version from github.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Plugin Contributions

I was just about to add something to my last post related to that. But stated that exported and then imported the resulting file (I assume with no changes, edits or without accessing the file) and it provided "the same error".
    Exactly. The file that is in EP from the beginning (I assume EP created it itself) - when I tried to IMPORT it, the same error was showing up.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by jeking View Post
    Have you following the proper file naming convention for your csv file? (spoken from experience)
    Not sure what you mean Jeking. Please explain.
    But as I mentioned, even the EP´s self-created file is giving me the same eror when I try to IMPORT it.

Plugin Contributions

The file provided above, which does reflect what you described, was not generated by this version of EP4 as provided. At a minimum a modification has been made to use a $csv_delimiter of ";"...

If you want to continue to use this delimiter instead of the programmed comma (,) then you will need to make a change to your files downloaded now and in the future until such "delimiters" can be chosen in the admin.

Open admin/easypopulate_4.php in a plain text editor, preferably one that shows line numbers.
    search for:
    $csv_delimiter and should find at or around line 6 the following:

Code:
    $csv_delimiter = ","; // "\t" = tab AND "," = COMMA
    If you wanted to have everything semi-colon separated, then would change this to:
    Code:
    $csv_delimiter = ";"; // "\t" = tab AND "," = COMMA
    I do somewhat discourage this change though because there is other code that for example upon export will save the file with the extension .txt instead of .csv because it is not "comma separated"...

That said, I suggest actually clicking one of the links in the program to generate a new csv file of your product, then view the file/import it... Remember to backup before making changes and routinely.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Brampton, Cumbria, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Plugin Contributions

Please explain. Empty directories? And are you still using the dropdowns at the top where the last one indicates status, but have not changed it to all?
    Short answer – Yes
    Long answer – I did three back-ups in three different ways;
    1 Filterable Exports: only changed ‘status’ equals all.
    2 & 3 - Category Export/Import Options: did both.

The ‘Categories Only (with Metatags)’ is the only CSV file that displays the categories that has no products in that category.

I cannot work out how ‘Categories Only’ works. If you are to import that CSV file, how does it know which category is a sub-category and under which category to put the sub-category?
    Learning Fast.
    Eden Craft Supplies

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by kabko View Post
    Exactly. The file that is in EP from the beginning (I assume EP created it itself) - when I tried to IMPORT it, the same error was showing up.

This file just happened to exist in the directory that is/was referenced. EP4 does not create a file until the admin chooses either a clickable export link or uses the dropdowns at the top of the screen.

Also, part of what jeking was referencing was that the filename of an import file plays a part in how the program operates. Please see the instructions addressing filenames. The filename provided in the zip was newimport2.csv. On import this file would be treated as if it contained information to fully describe a product accessing it's products table, the categories table(s), and metatag information. There are a few files that must begin with a particular series of characters in order to process them for their intended function. For example, the full import/export doesn't address attributes of a product, and the attributes file(s) don't necessarily have useful information for the full products part so they don't usually get processed as part of the full product information. The only "special" part of the filename is whatever exists(ed) when an export was performed to include the characters from the first letter up to and including ep...

Plugin Contributions

The file provided above, which does reflect what you described, was not generated by this version of EP4 as provided. At a minimum a modification has been made to use a $csv_delimiter of ";"...

If you want to continue to use this delimiter instead of the programmed comma (,) then you will need to make a change to your files downloaded now and in the future until such "delimiters" can be chosen in the admin.

Open admin/easypopulate_4.php in a plain text editor, preferably one that shows line numbers.
    search for:
    $csv_delimiter and should find at or around line 6 the following:

Code:
    $csv_delimiter = ","; // "\t" = tab AND "," = COMMA
    If you wanted to have everything semi-colon separated, then would change this to:
    Code:
    $csv_delimiter = ";"; // "\t" = tab AND "," = COMMA
    I do somewhat discourage this change though because there is other code that for example upon export will save the file with the extension .txt instead of .csv because it is not "comma separated"...

That said, I suggest actually clicking one of the links in the program to generate a new csv file of your product, then view the file/import it... Remember to backup before making changes and routinely.
    The provided file was not the file generated by EP, its the file I tried to IMPORT. The generated file is too long, I did not attached it here.

Plugin Contributions

Ok, I have attached the file generated by EP4 (Export).
    When I try to import it - I only see the errors (see screenshot attached).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EP4-01.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	91.9 KB 
ID:	16305  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by adb34 View Post
    Short answer – Yes
    Long answer – I did three back-ups in three different ways;
    1 Filterable Exports: only changed ‘status’ equals all.
    2 & 3 - Category Export/Import Options: did both.

The ‘Categories Only (with Metatags)’ is the only CSV file that displays the categories that has no products in that category.

I cannot work out how ‘Categories Only’ works. If you are to import that CSV file, how does it know which category is a sub-category and under which category to put the sub-category?
    The filtered dropdowns relate to product... No product, no information... Therefore an empty category would not appear on the export of a list of products.

As to the two other selections. The 'Categories Only' list each product (by model #) and the category(ies) to which it is referenced. This helps to identify linked product, to see to what categories a product is placed, and in actuality offers a way to further link a product to other categories.

The category with metadata option is the detailed category information much like if you were editing the category in ZC admin. It does not display the relationship of one category to another. That "relationship" is done when assigning a product to a category.

Brampton, Cumbria, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Plugin Contributions

The category with metadata option is the detailed category information much like if you were editing the category in ZC admin. It does not display the relationship of one category to another. That "relationship" is done when assigning a product to a category.
    I have quite a lot of categories to add and using the admin/catalog/Categories / Products is taking a lot of time. So I was hoping to use category with metadata to speed up the process. So with what you have said this is not possible?
    Learning Fast.
    Eden Craft Supplies