Plugin Contributions

Default Clicking store/zc_install gives access denied

I am hosting on Fedora 33 and downloaded the latest version unpacked to var/www/html/store That is being hosted as windows12shop.com

I have chmod 755 all I can but still am given access denied.

I click on store points to store/zc_install and get access denied

I need to find how to make httpd.conf read writeable for /var/www/ anyone done this?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Clicking store/zc_install gives access denied

windows12shop.com website is unreachable. You need to setup LAMP properly, plenty manuals online, if you wish to do it yourself.
    - Freelance Software Developer

Plugin Contributions

No works perfectly well also webhouses.co.uk on the same server. No https on webhouses.co.uk but you can see it with a Tor browser.

I am using a different store now which uses Square It allows better pictures and stock control.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by web-project View Post
    windows12shop.com website is unreachable. You need to setup LAMP properly, plenty manuals online, if you wish to do it yourself.
    This is a correct statement.

As to Square, while it may look good on the surface, you need to be aware of the underpinnings. http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/v...square.site%2F

HTML and accessibility is not bad but, it would be nice if they gave your site a title. That's kind of basic.

All kinds of timeouts and a 404 on load. Time to interactive is 2.0 seconds 1.5.7b out of the box is 0.7 seconds. Of course, the latter is running off a more standard server configuration.

I forget why I quickly stopped when testing the square e-commerce option but, I have yet to find anything matching the overall performance of Zen Cart. Does it cover all the bases? Nope but, name me something that does without a commercial mod.

Been here 16 years now and have yet to see a mod from the plugins cause a problem. Wordpress had 700,000 breeches in September from one mod.

Plugin Contributions

Yes the problem is I cannot make a zencart and nobody seems to have the answer. I am hosting on my machine the site with Fedora 33.

If someone can explain how to install it on httpd. I have the files on var/www/html and tried to put the files in a store folder. The problem is any attempt to use a index.php file comes up with access denied. I even copied the index.php from the store folder to var/www/html and with this file it again gives access denied.

Anyone been able to host on their machine and install zencart?

I am running two virtual hosts windows12shop.com and webhouses.co.uk both work with Square. I am trying to get https; running on webhouses.co.uk all because of the firefox browser refusing to show the site probably as I have SSH working on windows12shop.com but not installed yet on webhouses.co.uk , Chrome and the Tor browser work OK. My problem now is I cannot find the public key that is made with the CSR. When I sort his out I will come back to try installing Zencart on my Fedora machine.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by bscho View Post
    Yes the problem is I cannot make a zencart and nobody seems to have the answer. I am hosting on my machine the site with Fedora 33.

If someone can explain how to install it on httpd. I have the files on var/www/html and tried to put the files in a store folder. The problem is any attempt to use a index.php file comes up with access denied. I even copied the index.php from the store folder to var/www/html and with this file it again gives access denied.

I am running two virtual hosts windows12shop.com and webhouses.co.uk both work with Square. I am trying to get https; running on webhouses.co.uk all because of the firefox browser refusing to show the site probably as I have SSH working on windows12shop.com but not installed yet on webhouses.co.uk , Chrome and the Tor browser work OK. My problem now is I cannot find the public key that is made with the CSR. When I sort his out I will come back to try installing Zencart on my Fedora machine.
    The questions you are asking would be best ask in the Fedora forum... but, did you follow the docs on setting up a linux server? Did you setup and install PHP, did you setup and install MySQL, did you install OpenSSL?
    Simple search can answer your questions, Fedora Doc's, Generating CSR.
    Once the server is installed, secured, tested... I've done the same with Ubuntu, installing Zen Cart was the easy part...
    Dave
    Always forward thinking... Lost my mind!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Yes, many do. Usually for development purposes, not for hosting live sites.
    Live sites should be hosted on servers built for that purpose and maintained by teams of people with expertise in that area.

I am hosting on my machine the site with Fedora 33.

None of these issues are related to Zen Cart.

All of those issues are a result of an incorrectly/incompletely configured server.

and nobody seems to have the answer.
    That's because you're asking in the wrong place.

This forum is focused on supporting Zen Cart, not on teaching people how to build LAMP servers.

There are dozens of online forums where you can get help with making your home-grown server run a basic PHP web app, and configure your homegrown server and Apache for SSL, and database services.

Once you have that in place, Zen Cart just becomes another PHP application that runs in the vhost you've created and configured for it.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Well perhaps you can tell me someone that has done it?

My Hosting works OK and do not need any help there. Having fixed all the other things I can come back and try again. I have a large inventory that I would prefer on Zencart.

I will try to find why putting it in a folder I cannot run install it. The index.php does not work from the zencart folder but other index.php file works OK.

When hosting myself the only way I was able to get zencart to work was pointing to another domain where I had it installed.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Well perhaps you can tell me someone that has done it?
    I have. So have lots of regulars around here (granted, many of them use XAMP or some variant for quick-install and quick-admin of the environment).

Easy peasy. Install Apache, PHP, MySQL. Create a vhost, pointing to the docroot I want the files in. Start the services. Create a db and user. Put the Zen Cart files into the specified docroot. Run zc_install from the browser, using the domain referenced in the vhost. Answer the questions asked by zc_install. Done.

All your issues about permissions and CSRs and stuff are unique to your PC and OS/users/filesystem. Given you're using Fedora, you'll probably find OS-specific help for Fedora in a Fedora forum, as @davewest mentioned already.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    I have. So have lots of regulars around here (granted, many of them use XAMP or some variant for quick-install and quick-admin of the environment).

Easy peasy. Install Apache, PHP, MySQL. Create a vhost, pointing to the docroot I want the files in. Start the services. Create a db and user. Put the Zen Cart files into the specified docroot. Run zc_install from the browser, using the domain referenced in the vhost. Answer the questions asked by zc_install. Done.

All your issues about permissions and CSRs and stuff are unique to your PC and OS/users/filesystem. Given you're using Fedora, you'll probably find OS-specific help for Fedora in a Fedora forum, as @davewest mentioned already.
    Done all that still gives access denied. I have had to install on a hosted site and point to it. I have had no answers in the Fedora forum so will just have to find someone who has actually done it. No problem with the php as info.php actually works in the folder but install.php from the zencart store or zc_install give access denied.