Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Ceon Manual Card Payment Module v2.0.0!

How loosely the term is being used, depends on where your client is located. In some countries, I believe that the US is one of them, these conditions have been absorbed into the relevant statutes, either explicitly or as an external standard which is expected to be met. In countries where this has not been absorbed, they are passed down through merchant terms and conditions. But as the card processors operate globally, this is a global push, so though one strategy or another, they will cover your client.

However this a support thread for the module. If further discussion of the legalities of card companies code is needed, I recommend starting a new thread.
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

I installed CEON 2.2.2 and it appears, in the Payment Module area, to be installed correctly. Blowfish is an issue, but I've got my host's tech guy on that and hope to have it resolved soon.

The problem I'd love some help on is getting rid of the warning message on my catalog page. Whether I just disable the "Store Sensitive Card Details" and the Blowfish encryption, or totally uninstall CEON as a payment option in the Payment Module area the following warning message remains:

Warning CEON MANUAL CARD: You have “Store entered details temporarily in session” and “Use Blowfish Encryption” enabled but your PHP installation does NOT have access to PEAR:Crypt_Blowfish on your server!

Either consult the documentation (especially the FAQs) to see how to get Blowfish encryption working on your server, change “Store entered details temporarily in session” to “No”, or disable Blowfish encryption.

It is not recommended to disable Blowfish encryption if there's a chance someone can see the contents of the “sessions” folder on your server (which may be possible if you are on a shared server) - this is left up to your own descretion.

The current values for the various settings on your server follow. These are, without a doubt, the values currently set for these settings, available to your catalog, no matter what the admin, your control panel or phpinfo() etc. may say!

Info to help enable Blowfish support...

It would appear that the PEAR:Crypt_Blowfish package is not on your include path. Please check that Crypt_Blowfish is installed in your PEAR library.

Alternatively, your server may have more than one PEAR installation and the PEAR:Crypt_Blowfish package may not have been installed in the “correct” PEAR library folder - please check that you are using the correct PEAR library if you have more than one on your server.

Current Include Path: .:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php

Safe mode in use?: no

open_basedir restricted directories:

Thanks for any help you can give!

Mary Stockler
    www.merryhillbooks.com (the warning is on the www.merryhillbooks.com/catalog page)

Plugin Contributions

Never mind. It is fixed now. Thanks for your patience!

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by Forum5 View Post
    You use the term 'illegal'. Is that term being used 'loosely'?
    Yes. As in, I'm not a lawyer so I don't know if it's technically the right term. It is most definitely in breach of the terms and conditions and the merchant is prosecutable if anyone's card details gets into anyone else's hands. For all intents and purposes, in my mind that makes it an illegal activity. Whether it is actually illegal in strict legal terms is a moot point to me (I don't care much about such things ;) ).

I can tell you that I'm sorry to say that I know a very nice Zen Cart owner who has just been fined £10,000 as they had a breach and the card details being intercepted is their responsibility. Awful news to receive!

I am having discussions with one of my clients on this subject. The client states “it’s a pain to receive two emails per transaction”. He is simply uninformed.
    He is simply lazy. If he wants to risk a £10,000 or higher fine then I'd say he's also silly. Each onto their own though, it's a free world! ;)

If it matters to him that much he should pay for a payment gateway, I'm sure you can get one which costs around $30 a month. So it's a case of "what price saving that 'pain'"? :)

As I understand it, the practice of storing this customer data is most likely not within the TOS with his financial institution, (unless certain security measures are maintained etc., etc…)
    I don't think ANY merchant account providers allow the storage of CVV numbers, not a single one.

I guess I am asking is there a US Commerce Department or World Bank policy regarding this? Is it that all financial credit card institutions have unilaterally agreed to a common security policy? Then this policy is implemented with each merchant?
    With the rather useless (in my opinion) PCI compliance that is either now or soon to be part of every merchant's terms and conditions, there are very strict rules which *anyone* accepting Visa or Mastercard must abide to. Visa and Mastercard are the main companies responsible for these new requirements. I think they're completely impractical, idealistic nonsense but we'll all have to abide by them anyway.

A breach in security and los of income can result in credit card user filing a claim, the financial institution filing a claim but, can the merchant go to jail?
    The merchant is directly liable so it starts off with a fine. I have no idea if it's ever progressed to a jail sentence.

Sorry I can't be of more help.. there's still a bit to learn about this!

All the best..

Conor
    ceon

Plugin Contributions

I using zen cart 1.3.9.c
    my website for the the first month manage to accept manual credit card, however afer installing FAST AND EASY CHECKOUT from numinix. the manual credit card module does not work anymore.

The order was accepted by the zencart as it shown in the order module however show this page https://www.cheekylittlemonkeys.com....eckout_process
    The website cannot display the page
    HTTP 500
    Most likely causes:
    •The website is under maintenance.
    •The website has a programming error.

What you can try:
    Refresh the page.

Go back to the previous page.

More information

we already remove the fact and esay check out from numix addon however the website still showing the same page.

can you please help. if possible we still want to use the numinix addon

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by CheekyLittleMonkey View Post
    I using zen cart 1.3.9.c
    my website for the the first month manage to accept manual credit card, however afer installing FAST AND EASY CHECKOUT from numinix. the manual credit card module does not work anymore.
    I'm afraid that in my experience the FEC module isn't the best written module and can cause all sorts of problems (mostly to do with the session in my own experience).

I'm afraid that we don't provide free support for getting our software working with other peoples' modules when the other modules are the cause of a problem. Maybe someone else can help you if you post your problem on the FEC module's thread.

All the best..

Conor
    ceon

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by conor View Post
    Hi,

You may have forgotten to upload the file

admin/includes/extra_datafiles/ceon_manual_card_database_tables.php

Either that or the prefix is wrong.

All the best..

Conor
    ceon
    Hi Conor

I have the exact same issue "The Ceon Manual Card Database Table Does Not Exist!".

The above mentioned file is in the correct location and I don't have a prefix on my tables. Any further suggestions?

Cheers
    Last edited by Azrael; 16 Aug 2010 at 12:14 AM.

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by Azrael View Post
    I have the exact same issue "The Ceon Manual Card Database Table Does Not Exist!".

The above mentioned file is in the correct location and I don't have a prefix on my tables. Any further suggestions?
    Have you followed the instructions and created the database table?

If so, that file missing would be the or your database settings in configure.php being wrong would be the ONLY reasons that you'd get that message.

All the best..

Conor
    ceon

Plugin Contributions

I just installed zencart 1.3.9f and looking at this module. I read the installation instructions and mentions that file edits do not apply to 1.3.5+

Does this mean I just copy the files in the admin and includes folders into my zencart installation in their proper locations?

Then after I do that just configure it in the admin section?

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by dms-user View Post
    I just installed zencart 1.3.9f and looking at this module. I read the installation instructions and mentions that file edits do not apply to 1.3.5+
    This means that since you are using a version of Zen Cart which is 1.3.5 or later - 1.3.9 is - that you don't need to edit those files, the "edits" are already in the files for Zen Cart 1.3.5 and above.

Just follow all the rest of the instructions exactly and you'll be fine.

All the best...

Conor
    ceon

Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast