Plugin Contributions

Default Attributes Issue

I upgraded zen cart to version 1.5.6 for a client and it has Stock by Attributes Combined module installed. I am coming across a weird problem. Product attributes are not showing up on the frontend. But if I add a second attribute Size then both attributes Color and Size show up but when i delete Size attribute, Color attribute stops showing. Any idea how to fix it
    Link is https://shenugroup.co.uk/index.php?m...products_id=89

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Attributes Issue

Quote Originally Posted by mani View Post
    I upgraded zen cart to version 1.5.6 for a client and it has Stock by Attributes Combined module installed. I am coming across a weird problem. Product attributes are not showing up on the frontend. But if I add a second attribute Size then both attributes Color and Size show up but when i delete Size attribute, Color attribute stops showing. Any idea how to fix it
    Link is https://shenugroup.co.uk/index.php?m...products_id=89
    So the problem would appear to be that the dropdown field data has been removed by some process or another, which was a known issue for some plugins in earlier ZC stores. (one reason it is helpful to answer the posting tips is to discern if it was possible that this is/was the issue.) there is a function in the configurations->Stock by Attributes area that is intended to restore that functionality.

Otherwise, hopefully have also obtained or are using the version made available at: https://github.com/mc12345678/stock_...butes_combined which has been updated to work with ZC 1.5.6 and earlier 1.5.x versions.

The other potential issue (likely if the dropdown field was not restored to the database) is that the zc_install process was not fully successful which also was/became a known issue for early 1.5.6 versions with the current sub-release being 1.5.6c... earlier versions had the potential of not fully upgrading the database because of issues with data populated in date and datetime fields that is/was not acceptable for many mysql versions.

Note, when using multiple attributes and SBA a separate set of dropdowns are drawn different than the built in dropdowns to an extent... that would be why multiple attribute product display correctly but single attribute product may not...
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Yes I have setup https://github.com/mc12345678/stock_...butes_combined module. Multiple attribute products shows fine but products with single attribute e.g Color doesnt show up. When I add a second attribute both starts showing.

Plugin Contributions

Yes I have setup https://github.com/mc12345678/stock_...butes_combined module. Multiple attribute products shows fine but products with single attribute e.g Color doesnt show up. When I add a second attribute both starts showing.
    So if you go into admin->catalog->option names manager
    Then navigate to find the color option name. Edit the option name.

Change the option type from dropdown to radio.

Then on the catalog, navigate to a product that only has color as an attribute. Do the radio buttons appear?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    So if you go into admin->catalog->option names manager
    Then navigate to find the color option name. Edit the option name.

Change the option type from dropdown to radio.

Then on the catalog, navigate to a product that only has color as an attribute. Do the radio buttons appear?
    Editing the color option name has fixed the issue. Changed it to dropdown, it was showing Grid. Thanks for your help!

Plugin Contributions

Editing the color option name has fixed the issue. Changed it to dropdown, it was showing Grid. Thanks for your help!
    Had the grid related software been added/included in the upgrade? It is a separate option that with it removed will change how customers interact with the site. I'd be interested to know if there had been programming issues with it in 1.5.6 as I haven't gone back to review that plugin recently...