Page 19 of 50 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Dover Fine Responsive Template

Hello.
    I've installed zencart and also with portuguese language pack. Could I install Dover Fine without loose the portuguese language or must I do anything else?
    Thank you.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by vice View Post
    Hello.
    I've installed zencart and also with portuguese language pack. Could I install Dover Fine without loose the portuguese language or must I do anything else?
    Thank you.
    As with any template package, if you want to use the template in a language other than english you need to copy the files in the template languages directory to your new language and then translate them.

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by picaflor-azul View Post
    As with any template package, if you want to use the template in a language other than english you need to copy the files in the template languages directory to your new language and then translate them.

Thanks,

Anne
    Hello Anne.
    Thank you for your help. I dont really know if I can, but I will try to do it.
    Many thanks and sorry to take your time.
    Regards.
    Vice
    www.mvice.net

PS. Just a little (big) thing, your templates are wonderfull.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by simon1066 View Post
    Hi, would you mind sharing how you did this. I'm about to start a new site with this template and this would be useful.
    There are several files involved in the change to make this work. The first is in the supersized.3.2.7.min.js script which is more than I can show here. Best to PM me with an email address and I can send you the updated script.

The second file that needs changed is the /includes/templates/your_template_name/common/tpl_main_page.php

find where the supersized script is being loaded (about line 100) and change the code that follows to match the following:
    Code:
    <script type="text/javascript" src="includes/templates/dover_fine/jscript/jquery.easing.min.js"></script>
    		<script type="text/javascript" src="includes/templates/dover_fine/jscript/supersized.3.2.7.min.js"></script>
    		<script type="text/javascript" src="includes/templates/dover_fine/jscript/supersized.shutter.min.js"></script>

<script type="text/javascript">
    			jQuery(function($){
    			$.supersized({

// Functionality
    					slide_interval          :   7000,		// Length between transitions
    					transition              :   1, 		// 0-None, 1-Fade, 2-Slide Top, 3-Slide Right, 4-Slide Bottom, 5-Slide Left, 6-Carousel Right, 7-Carousel Left
    					transition_speed		:	1000,		// Speed of transition
    					vertical_center: 0,
    					new_window: 0,
    			      autoplay:1,
    					// Components							
    					slide_links: 'blank',	// Individual links for each slide (Options: false, 'num', 'name', 'blank')
    					slides 	:  	[// Slideshow Images

<?php
                    $banner = $db->Execute("SELECT banners_id, banners_title, banners_image, banners_html_text, banners_open_new_windows, banners_url FROM " . TABLE_BANNERS . " WHERE status = 1 AND banners_group = 'homepageslide' order by rand()");

if ($banner->RecordCount() > 0) {

while (!$banner->EOF) {
    	$newwindow = ($banner->fields['banners_open_new_windows']) ? "', nwin : '1" : '';
    	$bannerurl = ($banner->fields['banners_url']) ? "', url : '" . zen_href_link(FILENAME_REDIRECT, 'action=banner&goto=' . $banner->fields['banners_id']) : '';
    echo "{image : '" . HTTP_SERVER . DIR_WS_CATALOG . 'images/' . $banner->fields['banners_image'] . $bannerurl . $newwindow . "'},";

zen_update_banner_display_count($banner->fields['banners_id']);
                                    $banner->MoveNext();

}
    It's important to add the parameter 'new_window: 0,' to the script options. This is what tells the script to not open a new window. You will notice in the code above in the loop that sets up the slides a new parameter that is being passed to the script called 'nwin'. This is being set by looking at the setting of the banner for open in a new window. This parameter then overrides the script setting to either open in a new window, or open in the same window based on the setting in the banner.

Hope that makes sense. If not, let me know.

Plugin Contributions

Hmph, seems I found another problem. When trying to navigate on my iPhone 5 the screen behaves badly - as in instead of scrolling to allow selection of menu items, it just clears and goes back to the home page at the moment when the browser bar at the top and the browser options bar at the bottom clear.

I tested this on the simulator and it worked fine - just does it on the actual phone. Any ideas?

Brampton, Cumbria, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Plugin Contributions

What specifically are you trying to change?

Thanks,

Anne
    There are a few stylesheets in the css folder. This is why using the web developer tools is a must. They will tell you the exact line of the file that needs to be edited. Most will be in the stylesheet.css file, but since there are a few stylesheets used in the template it is safer to use the web developer tools to find exactly what needs to be changed ;)

Thanks,

Anne
    I think that what you want to do is lessen or remove the padding-top and padding-bottom on the various elements in the left hand column. I would recommend using firefox or chrome and the web developer tools to isolate the exact lines of the files that need to be changes.

Thanks,

Anne
    I am using chrome's 'Inspect element' but I have no idea how to find the padding element to change and how to find the script it is in.

andy

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by adb34 View Post
    I am using chrome's 'Inspect element' but I have no idea how to find the padding element to change and how to find the script it is in.

andy
    If you post a link to your site I can take a look.

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by batracy View Post
    Hmph, seems I found another problem. When trying to navigate on my iPhone 5 the screen behaves badly - as in instead of scrolling to allow selection of menu items, it just clears and goes back to the home page at the moment when the browser bar at the top and the browser options bar at the bottom clear.

I tested this on the simulator and it worked fine - just does it on the actual phone. Any ideas?
    Anne, anybody? Could really use some help on this one. Thanks.

Brampton, Cumbria, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Plugin Contributions

If you post a link to your site I can take a look.

Thanks,

Anne
    I have found a video on you-tube that explains how to use 'inspect element'. All I need to do now is work out which css the tool kit is showing me and I should be there. Fingers crossed

andy
    Learning Fast.
    Eden Craft Supplies

Plugin Contributions

I have problems with the banners when loaded in smaller screen devices they look squished and squashed, depending on the way you render them, for example the width with min-width set to auto, they still look bad, I know if the images don't have a width and height will be naturally flowed by the browser. I also know the Admin controls size and in the code, it will pass width and height for the banners, so do you know any solution other than rewriting the core, to display those images nicely in all devices, in css you can exchange images based on media queries but I don't know if Zen Cart allows you to do that, my images are loaded directly into the database, and I have a CRON job that uploads and updates everything, twice a day, except for the banners that are on the proper subdirectory ... But I am not sure if adding different versions can be called in Zen Cart ... You can take a look at my site on my signature is a live store ...

Page 19 of 50 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast