Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Store returns an error, but it actually runs on Authorize.net

I am a complete newbie to Zen Cart, and this forum so the solution could be simple. The problem started from the start. I suspect that Ive missed something in the set up.

Zen Cart returns "there has been an error processing your credit card. Please try again."
    But, the transaction actually ran on Authorize.net

donate.jcunitedway.org
    Version v1.5.7
    PHP Version: 5.6.40 (Zend: 2.6.0)
    MySQL Client API version 10.3.21

I am just switching over to A2.com from Go Daddy's Quick Shopping Cart, so its still a basic install, I haven't added any extra plugins etc. I installed from the Softaculous Apps installer. The only things I have changed is default wording to customize.. and images.

Thanks so much for your willingness to help!

Cheri

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Store returns an error, but it actually runs on Authorize.net

Something very much like this was seen a couple weeks ago on GoDaddy servers where a certain version of CURL was compiled into PHP and broke the responses coming back from Authorize.net

The solution was to have GoDaddy's server admins rollback to a prior CURL version in the PHP configuration. Instantly resolved the problem.
    I don't know the exact specs of their build, nor what they did "internally" to do the rollback (it was way too fast to be a recompile). The phpinfo currently shows CURL version 7.72.0 with OpenSSL/1.1.1g. I have no idea if that's helpful or even relevant.

Best to contact your server admins to get them involved.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Cheri~ View Post
    Version v1.5.7
    PHP Version: 5.6.40 (Zend: 2.6.0)
    Go ahead and update your PHP version - you can use 7.3 with Zen Cart v1.5.7 with no issues.
    That Software Guy. My Store: Zen Cart Modifications
    Available for hire - See my ad in Services
    Plugin Moderator, Documentation Curator, Chief Cook and Bottle-Washer.
    Do you benefit from Zen Cart? Then please support the project.

Plugin Contributions

Also, while I haven't seen much posted about others installing 1.5.7 through softaculous, when you get a chance, you may want to confirm that all of the expected software is present when compared to a basic install. In times past, there were things missing. Sometimes it was software, sometimes it was database related. Softaculous is a separate entity from Zen Cart and may not have had everything up-to-date when they made/provided their package.

That said, listen to DrByten he seems to only steer incorrectly when he's moving too quickly through the forum. :)
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

mc12345678... Where would I find an inventory to ensure that the "expected software" to verify that it is present?

swguy... I updated PHP to 7.3 and ran a card (just hoping it was that easy to fix lol) the problem persisted, but thank you!

DrByte... Next, with A2, the first tech asked if I tried changing the PHP back to 5.6.40, which made no sense since the problem existed there to begin with. (I did not roll it back) So, he sent it to their guru team.

I will post an update here when I hear back. I hope that's alright with you all! I like all the details together, and this seems to be the perfect spot. =)

Plugin Contributions

When you view your admin's Tools :: Server/Version Info, what shows as the PHP version and (further down the displayed page) the version of CURL?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Cheri~ View Post
    mc12345678... Where would I find an inventory to ensure that the "expected software" to verify that it is present?
    The released version of 1.5.7 is available from the main web-page of this forum: https://zen-cart.com

That said, there have been issues that have been identified and corrected for a potential subsequent release (1.5.7a). These have been incorporated into the github accessible copy of 1.5.7: https://github.com/zencart/zencart/tree/v157

Note that historically discussion of Softaculous software is that you will not find a directory called zc_install (or similar) when making the comparison and that a folder named admin will likely not exist. The admin directory would be compared to whatever directory you currently have for admin access. (please do not post the path to your admin. It should remain known only to those that need access.)
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    When you view your admin's Tools :: Server/Version Info, what shows as the PHP version and (further down the displayed page) the version of CURL?
    CURL is 7.62.0... I updated the PHP to 7.3.22 (see above)

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    The released version of 1.5.7 is available from the main web-page of this forum: https://zen-cart.com

That said, there have been issues that have been identified and corrected for a potential subsequent release (1.5.7a). These have been incorporated into the github accessible copy of 1.5.7: https://github.com/zencart/zencart/tree/v157

Note that historically discussion of Softaculous software is that you will not find a directory called zc_install (or similar) when making the comparison and that a folder named admin will likely not exist. The admin directory would be compared to whatever directory you currently have for admin access. (please do not post the path to your admin. It should remain known only to those that need access.)
    oh. my. goodness! =)
    Alright..... thank you!

Plugin Contributions

Is there a way to activate logs/debug?

This is the response I received from the server admins.......

"We access the server and verified the settings, no errors or problems have been identified.

We also check the webserver log and no error message is displayed for the domain entered.

In this way, we recommend checking with the Zencart support team how the logs/debug can be activated for the application in this way, we can help with the problem that is occurring."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast