Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Reviews - Updated [Support Thread]

Please do not shoot me but I am back.

1. will look into the tabbed mod for the reviews to show on page but, but,but.......

is there a way to force a write a review button on the left of the page or under the read button?

by the way I just found out the owner is the one that actually hand wrote the featured review into the product page.

Plugin Contributions

You're asking about a product-page (e.g. product_info) display, but this plugin only affects the formatting of the product_reviews_write page. I suggest that you pose your question in your template's support thread.

Plugin Contributions

I will thanks

Plugin Contributions

I've just submitted v1.2.0 to the plugins (https://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=1442) for review; the plugin's been updated to use the Zen Cart v1.5.5 file-set as its change-basis.

One thing I noticed while I was merrily merging: The built-in handling of the products_reviews_write page now provides part of this plugin's "mission" -- when a signed-in customer writes a review, their name in the review appears with their last name truncated for privacy, e.g. John Smith => John S.

Plugin Contributions

v1.2.0 is now available for download.

Plugin Contributions

Hi, just updated to 155e and every time I try to leave a review that's the outcome:

Your Name needs to have at least 5 characters.
    Add a few more words to your review text. A review needs to have at least 50 characters.
    * Please choose a rating for this item.

It is like if the page was left blank. Also, when I submit a pop up notifies that the data will be sent over unsecure connection, despite my site being in SSL.

Any idea? When in 154 it was working fine. Tried to unistall the sql and reinstall, no luck. I am using a different template since the upgrade if this can help.

Many thanks

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by satello View Post
    Hi, just updated to 155e and every time I try to leave a review that's the outcome:

Your Name needs to have at least 5 characters.
    Add a few more words to your review text. A review needs to have at least 50 characters.
    * Please choose a rating for this item.

It is like if the page was left blank. Also, when I submit a pop up notifies that the data will be sent over unsecure connection, despite my site being in SSL.

Any idea? When in 154 it was working fine. Tried to unistall the sql and reinstall, no luck. I am using a different template since the upgrade if this can help.

Many thanks
    It sounds like either you've not merged the plugin's changes into /includes/modules/pages/product_reviews_write for the messages being displayed.

The plugin doesn't make any modification to the form submittal, so the unsecure-connection warning is most likely a result of that different template.

Plugin Contributions

hi, thanks for the input. i did check and merge the page files, but still not luck. what i noticed the problem may comes from the tpl_product_reviews_write_default.php itself. if i leave the original file, it only shows the error about the name, as of course there is not field where to type it. so i am trying to merge those 2 files but not an easy task so far. so trying to have the option for a text field if the criteria is met into my template file

Plugin Contributions

sorted. I don't really know what why it was giving the errors with your script, but this is what i've done.

file tpl_product_reviews_write_default.php

your version

PHP Code:
    <?php echo zen_draw_form('product_reviews_write'zen_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_REVIEWS_WRITE'action=process&products_id=' $_GET['products_id'], ($_SESSION['customer_id']) ? 'SSL' 'NONSSL'), 'post''onsubmit="return checkForm(product_reviews_write);"'); ?>
    my version

PHP Code:
        <?php echo zen_draw_form('product_reviews_write'zen_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_REVIEWS_WRITE'action=process&products_id=' $_GET['products_id'], 'SSL'), 'post''onsubmit="return checkForm(product_reviews_write);"'); ?>
    bit down the lines, in my template i've only replaced

PHP Code:
    <?php echo SUB_TITLE_FROM '&nbsp;&nbsp;'zen_output_string_protected($customer->fields['customers_firstname'] . ' ' $customer->fields['customers_lastname']); ?>
    with

PHP Code:
      <div id="reviewerName">
        <label id="textAreaName" for="review_name"><?php echo TEXT_REVIEW_NAME?></label>
        <input type="text" name="review_name" size="33" maxlength="62" id="review_name" />
      </div>
    from your file and it does the job. Of course now logged in customers as well will have to write their names and had to change the language file as well, but no more SSL errors and reviews gets recorded. Hope this helps others. Thanks for your time.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the follow-up. I'll make a note to review the plugin's code for use with ZC1.5.5!

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast