Plugin Contributions

Default Duplicate File warnings while uploading with FileZilla

Something really weird is going on. I am using FileZilla to upload a new copy of ZC 1.5.7.c to my server. This upload was to a BLANK directory so no files already exists. Yet I am getting duplicate file warnings. I wondering if this is a bug in FileZilla? This is not the first time I have seen this problem over the last few months.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Duplicate File warnings while uploading

Simon

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by simon1066 View Post
    Interesting as there were no listed failures.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

If something is off and you're uploading all files into "one" directory instead of into all the expected subdirectories, then there will definitely be duplicates, because many ZC files do indeed share the same filename ... but they're supposed to go in specified directories. So, if FileZilla isn't honoring that for some reason then ya it's got a big problem.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    If something is off and you're uploading all files into "one" directory instead of into all the expected subdirectories, then there will definitely be duplicates, because many ZC files do indeed share the same filename ... but they're supposed to go in specified directories. So, if FileZilla isn't honoring that for some reason then ya it's got a big problem.
    I have verified that these are the correct directory structures for each transfer. I have since switched over to WinSCP and have had zero issues since switching. This error was happening quite frequently.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by g2ktcf View Post
    I have since switched over to WinSCP and have had zero issues since switching. This error was happening quite frequently.
    Excellent choice in my opinion. I always prefer WinSCP over FileZilla. Way more secure, way friendlier to use.
    That's if you're stuck on Windows of course.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    Excellent choice in my opinion. I always prefer WinSCP over FileZilla. Way more secure, way friendlier to use.
    That's if you're stuck on Windows of course.
    I have found it much more intuitive to be honest. I did have to set it up to edit files with Notepad++...and once I learned to NEVER EDIT directly on the server, it works even better! (yes, direct edit and a single ' out of place crashed my site lol...three hours later I found it and fixed it).